PDA

View Full Version : ULE or Tac One mainbody on an older E-Mag

PhoenixWolf
05-27-2007, 04:26 PM
I have an older E-Mag, and was wanting to put a ULE or Tac One mainbody on it to lighten it up. Unfortunately, I discovered there appears to be no way to fully remove the twistlock assembly from the rail, and with it present I cannot mount other mainbodies. Does anyone know if there is any solution that would allow for mounting of the newer, lighter mainbodies on an E-Mag, or if new E-Mag rails sold now allow it?

Russ
05-27-2007, 09:23 PM
The twistlock assembly can and will come out, it just needs some persuasion!

I use a 1/4" pin punch and a hammer. Hit it from the bottom (grip frame side) The punch is readily available at Sears

PhoenixWolf
05-27-2007, 09:48 PM
If I do that, I think I'll buy another rail first rather than do something that's irreversible to my existing one.

Russ
05-27-2007, 10:07 PM
it's not irreversable. the twistlock can be re-inserted...but feel free to buy another rail anywho

realize that there are thousands of Mags that were "converted" to use ULE bodies, Emag, R/T's and Classics. The twistlock is removable and replacable, really!

st6212
05-27-2007, 11:23 PM
All e-mag rails sold now, do not come with the twistlock assembly. Any mag rail will fit the ULE bodies so that's not a problem.

As Russ has pointed out, it is relatively simple to remove the twistlock. It's held in by being wedged in the hole. Easiest way is to lay the rail upside down on a couple of planks of wood or books etc, so that the twistlock is in between the gap made by them. Then lightly tap the pin out. Pretty simple.

Replacing your mainbody with a ULE body will certainly lighten it up. But if you want to lighten it up even more, look at milling/hollowing out the inside of the rail, or buy a ULE'd rail. You'll notice a dramatic difference.

PhoenixWolf
05-28-2007, 12:06 AM
While I've got this thread open, anyone know if it's possible to get trigger stops on an E-Mag? I know it would interfere with mechanical mode / removing the valve, so I'm thinking something that could be reversed fairly quickly.

athomas
05-28-2007, 05:52 AM
While I've got this thread open, anyone know if it's possible to get trigger stops on an E-Mag? I know it would interfere with mechanical mode / removing the valve, so I'm thinking something that could be reversed fairly quickly.There is already a trigger stop. Its inside on the selector switch. Adjust it so that you get the amount of front to back movement that you want with your trigger. Then adjust your trigger magnet to actuate the HES to fire the gun at the proper spot in the trigger movement. Thats it. Very easy.

PhoenixWolf
05-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks. Got the lowers a few weeks ago (complete gun, with charger, only missing the valve), and mated them with an old MicroMag ReTro valve that appears to have an E-Mag on/off (unnaturally short trigger pull when you put it in a mechanical Mag; it obviously has a longer on/off pin). Works great. I'm just trying to figure out what I can do to improve it, though.