PDA

View Full Version : metal elbows

GT
05-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Anyone try these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/45-DEGREE-ELBOW-ADAPTER-SP8-EMAG-SPYDER-SHOCKER-PMI_W0QQitemZ170115662489QQihZ007QQcategoryZ71157Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

olinar
05-28-2007, 05:15 PM
id imagine they work pretty good but they look like crap.

m-a-r-k-7
05-28-2007, 09:00 PM
check out the ones from palmers, they look nicer and are probably better made.

Doc Nickel
05-29-2007, 03:08 PM
They've been done before.

Keep in mind that a plastic elbow on your feed neck is a sort of "fuse". It breaks to keep the gun's feed neck or the loader's neck from breaking.

A $4 elbow is much cheaper than a new set of HALO shells or having the feed neck pressed back in or rewelded to your gun body.

Fact of the matter is, 'til somebody redesigns the loader-to-gun attachment method, we're stuck with the legacy thin, fragile feed neck arrangement, which was designed years ago to hold up unpowered, thin plastic 40-round loaders. Today we're using an only slightly beefed-up version, to hold two-pound loaders filled with batteries and motors and another pound of paint, and we're running faster, swinging the gun faster, and taking huge dives and tuck-and-rolls into bunkers.

I am constantly patching Angel-threaded bodies, when the feed neck strips out. Those bodies don't have the "fuse" of a cheap, replaceable, breakable elbow, so the next weakest point is the thin threads where the neck attaches to the body.

Doc.

GT
05-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Doc,
Nice post, I never locked at it that way.

mag_lover05
05-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Doc,
Nice post, I never locked at it that way.

me either...but it happened to my friends shocker, so he just covered the feedneck around the outside with JB weld....it hast mooved since :)