PDA

View Full Version : whats a cheaper path?

pablo4429
05-29-2007, 02:34 AM
so what would be the cheaper path, to build my own mag from the ground up or buy a stock one and upgrade from there? this is on a general basis becasue i know it depends on each person and their specific case.

PumpMag
05-29-2007, 03:04 AM
It all depends on what type of Mag you decide you want. Go to the BST section for ideas on individual costs of parts, you can get good stuff used from established members that post here often.

behemoth
05-29-2007, 05:21 AM
If youre buying new, contact Tunaman or RogueFactor. They can give you the best possible price on a whole marker. Buying each part is going to cost you an arm and a leg.

Now, if you're going used, that could depend...

Sometimes you'll find a killer deal on a valve, or rail, or body or whatnot. But then you'll have to find the rest of the little parts, and if you dont know much about mags, you could get a bad part, or be missing a small part.

If you're buying used, just shop around the BST. See if you can find all the basic parts in the Misc. section, or, Look at whole markers in the Markers section.

If you have a bit of income laying around, and find a few good deals, buy them all (ex. Finding a mag with a few parts you dont care for, but the price is great. Buy it, then buy the parts you DO want for cheap in the MISC. sectiton, piece them together, and sell off the unwanted parts),

phizz
05-29-2007, 09:50 AM
I would say buy used and then go from there.

mostpeople
05-29-2007, 10:01 AM
ground - up is always cheaper.

pablo4429
05-29-2007, 10:15 AM
ya what i have planned is a ule body with some rail (dont really have a preference) a classic valve with an R/T on/off and maybe a chimera frame or intelli.
those are the only parts correct besides some screws and whatnot

Lohman446
05-29-2007, 10:48 AM
ground - up is always cheaper.

Unless your buying new parts, then its noticeably more. I've parted out a couple used mags and got well more than it would have been worth as a whole.

craltal
05-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Well, you can't buy a new mag with a classic valve, your only option would be used in that case

maglover728
05-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Well, you can't buy a new mag with a classic valve, your only option would be used in that case

Yeah, the BST thread here is your best bet. But you must be patient. Deals will come to those who watch for them.

pablo4429
05-29-2007, 12:02 PM
ya i was gonnna go used on everything i could except for maybe the body unless i could find a really nice one used but thanks for all the help guys i think im going ground up so i can learn a little too while building it

egb groupie
05-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Actually, you can buy a new Mag with a classic valve. It is called the Pro Classic.

sixtoes1313
05-29-2007, 01:49 PM
id buy used from the ground up if you want a custom mag, thats unique to you. When I built my mag, the parts were so specific that the chances were 1/1000000000 that i would find the exact marker i wanted already put together. But if you want somthing close to a stock one id buy it al together.

Empyreal Rogue
05-29-2007, 02:46 PM
You're going to end up spending less if you buy a used marker that's already built to your liking. It's a general rule of thumb for sellers that parting will allow you to get more back.

I've built 3 'Mags; 1 I bought with an X-Valve, ULE body, I-Frame for 350. And since then I've built 2 from the ground up (1 isn't finished). On my Pneu-Q-Mag I spent a small fortune from buying each individual part; and my third project (E-Mag) will undoubtedly be more expensive. But, like Sixtoes said, the fact that these markers will be very unique makes up for the extra money spent. I honestly feel that I enjoyed meeting new people through the b/s/t forum in my pursuit of creating the 2 perfect automags (for me). There's a lot of self satisfaction in it.

Now, I've seen complete E-Mag sell for as low as 450 with an average of about 550; and then I've seen some E-Mag lowers alone sell for 350-400 with an average of about 310.

I guess what it boils down to is, your income. If you have a chunk of money you want to and can spend, buy a marker now that fits your liking. Or if you're like me and have a trickling income then it might be easier, albeit more expensive, to buy bit by bit.

That's just my experience.

Toll
05-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Used is the way to go with quality equipment. Its got all the depreciated value of used but really the quality of the component is intact.

Put together a list of what you want, feature wise, and compare it with what you can find in the bst. You want an xvalve, ule rail and a ule body, cross reference, check, look about. Chances are you will find something with 7/10 things you want, which helps cut the cost of the other 3

pablo4429
05-30-2007, 01:19 AM
ya i think im goona sell my mech 2003 cocker and 2004 ebladed prostock and use those fund for the mag so i wont realy be out too m uch money. i think i could probably get around 400 for both so i think that will be enough for the mag. does that sound like a reasonable estimate for sell price for both?

CKY_Alliance
05-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Deff cheaper to buy the whole gun from like rogue or tuna, I've seen rogue put together some good looking mags and the price was unbeatable..

Well nvm I see you are buying used..I would just trade your autocockers for a mag...2 for 1 would get you a pretty spiffy marker..

oh and if you decide to go with a SS body I have one and matching rail...will sell for cheap.. :ninja: