PDA

View Full Version : T-Board in a Hyperframe

robnix
05-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Good news. The board is practically drop in. I had to cut the corner of the board that the mounting hole is on to get it the fit in the frame, and I'll need to grind a bit of the frame away to fit the battery in not much though, a dremel should be able to do it. I should be able to drill and tap a hole for the top mounting hole so I can set the board in place.

I put a hard drive jumper in place of the on/off switch, which works but the board is on all the time so I'll need to unplug the battery when not in use. The LED registers trigger pulls and I'm able to change modes easily.

I haven't done any real testing on a mag yet, but will once I can get the board mounted in place. Maybe tomorrow night, or Wednesday. Looks great so far though. Pics in a few minutes.

robnix
05-29-2007, 11:09 PM
Pics:

Corner of board cut to fit in frame:

http://www.willenbergs.com/images/mags/239.JPG

Board in frame:

http://www.willenbergs.com/images/mags/240.JPG

robnix
05-29-2007, 11:16 PM
Video:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HgNNMHk7qz4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HgNNMHk7qz4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

flyingpootang
05-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Looks great Rob. I would try to mount a micro on/off switch inbetween the positive or solder 2 wires where you have your jumper in and mount it to the window. The stock capacitor should work fine, so no need to replace it. You can use some hot glue to mount the board to the frame....

robnix
05-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Looks great Rob. I would try to mount a micro on/off switch inbetween the positive or solder 2 wires where you have your jumper in and mount it to the window. The stock capacitor should work fine, so no need to replace it. You can use some hot glue to mount the board to the frame....

Thanks, the hot glue is a great idea, my wife has a glue gun in her craft bins somewhere. I'm running by Radio Shack tomorrow during lunch to see about getting a switch. I may mount this on a mini with an Xvalve and try to make it to an indoor place that allows ramping on Thursday nights. Should be good for a chuckle or three.

flyingpootang
05-30-2007, 10:15 AM
A 3 pin micro switch is what you need. I think I have a female plug that will fit at work that I can send you or you can cut the front of the pin fence and just solder/heat shrink them to the pins....

robnix
05-30-2007, 10:17 AM
A 3 pin micro switch is what you need. I think I have a female plug that will fit at work that I can send you or you can cut the front of the pin fence and just solder/heat shrink them to the pins....

Cool, let me see what I can find at Radio Shack today and I'll get back to you on it.

pump
05-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Oh My...i cant wait to see it rip....hummm i wonder if this will fit into my Booyah???

robnix
05-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Oh My...i cant wait to see it rip....hummm i wonder if this will fit into my Booyah???

It's going to Luke today to get the wings milled off, a trigger, and some of the inside milled out. If I get it back before I leave on business next week then I should have time to do a quick firing test.

pump
05-30-2007, 04:03 PM
nooooo dont mill off the wings....get a classic rail first...i got an extra...hahaha

robnix
05-30-2007, 04:27 PM
nooooo dont mill off the wings....get a classic rail first...i got an extra...hahaha

The final marker will be going on an RT pro rail, so the wings have to go.

robnix
05-30-2007, 04:28 PM

Picked up a switch today, and scavenged a three pin connector from an old computer that fits great. Will test tonight.

flyingpootang
05-30-2007, 09:56 PM

It should fit in a BooYah. Email Damon at scenario dreams for board dimensions. He a good guy and will respond quickly....

robnix
05-31-2007, 01:48 PM
He a good guy and will respond quickly....

Yep, it took him all of 5 minutes to get back to me on a question I had.

flyingpootang
06-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Rob, what ever happened? I ended up putting a 03 T-board in my hyper frame. I also am planning to install a 03 T-Board into a set of Xmag lowers..

robnix
06-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Rob, what ever happened? I ended up putting a 03 T-board in my hyper frame. I also am planning to install a 03 T-Board into a set of Xmag lowers..

I have the following done:

Frame milled by Lukescustoms for an RT/Pro rail, and some space milled out for the battery.
On/Off switch working.

Unfortunately I'm on business in the middle of nowhere, so I can't work on it any more until this coming Thursday. I have a Tac One with a ULT and a full 72/45 sitting at home waiting for me to attach the frame to and see how she runs. If everything goes as planned, I'll have pics and video by the end of next weekend.

flyingpootang
06-09-2007, 10:50 PM
I finshed mine with a 03 T-board and it rips. I had to grind the frame & grip pannels to make room for the battery.

robnix
06-10-2007, 12:33 PM
I finshed mine with a 03 T-board and it rips. I had to grind the frame & grip pannels to make room for the battery.

Nice, glad to hear that the board works so well. I'm really looking forward to getting this together and tested.

robnix
06-16-2007, 08:54 PM

Following up. I finally got everything installed and tested today. It works GREAT. Tomorrow when I have more time I'll try to get pictures and video of the board in action.