PDA

View Full Version : Laser etching and grips for emag

Ninjeff
05-31-2007, 02:29 AM
Anyone know where i can get that cool "laser etching" done? Cost?

Also, where could i come by a set of those carbon fiber panels for the emag? cost?

OH! And i need more than 1 foot of macro line. I need a 2 ft length. I checked the dealer section but only found 1ft lengths. ideas?

reflective
05-31-2007, 02:54 AM
Don't know about the emag grips or laser etching, but you can get the macro line at palmers. I just ordered 2ft of it a couple weeks ago........ came in one long piece.

Chaos_Theory!
05-31-2007, 04:07 AM
PB4L and ODD can do laser engraving.

RvB Caboose
05-31-2007, 04:27 AM
I'll vouch for ODD. He did the laser engraving on my Phantom:

http://www.oddpb.com/Gallery/oddguns/sniper.htm

It cost me $150 for the whole gun. It may be steep, but ODD also drew up all the artwork that you see. I just gave him a theme and told him to run wild with it.

Ratt
05-31-2007, 05:51 AM
As far as the carbon fiber grips go, you can almost forget about that. As far as I recall, the only people who actually made them and sold them was Cougar River. That turned into a big fiasco, and they stopped making them. After much waiting, buyers finally got their grips, but some buyers weren't satisified, due to appearance or fit. The grips that were sent to me did not fit my Emag. So, unless someone else has or will step up and make them, we are pretty much out of luck...

Ninjeff
05-31-2007, 08:02 PM
I'll vouch for ODD. He did the laser engraving on my Phantom:

http://www.oddpb.com/Gallery/oddguns/sniper.htm

It cost me $150 for the whole gun. It may be steep, but ODD also drew up all the artwork that you see. I just gave him a theme and told him to run wild with it.

WOW that is absolutely disgusting.

And by disgusting i mean AWESOME!

150 doesnt seem all that bad actually. Seems pretty fair to me. That thing looks great. :wow:

fullofpaint
05-31-2007, 09:01 PM
i think complusive offers the hybrid laser print but it may only be for certain guns, idk.

robnix
05-31-2007, 11:00 PM
Anyone know where i can get that cool "laser etching" done? Cost?

Also, where could i come by a set of those carbon fiber panels for the emag? cost?

OH! And i need more than 1 foot of macro line. I need a 2 ft length. I checked the dealer section but only found 1ft lengths. ideas?

Laser engraving by ODD:

http://www.willenbergs.com/images/mags/motm/12thMag-left-close.jpg

Don't let Stygshore see this thread. :ninja:

gruntbull
06-01-2007, 12:04 AM
I recommend xyzlaser.com
His name is Dave, he has a rotary machine so your barrel can be lasered all the way around (look at others that do laser work and you will see this is not common)

He is adult, stands by his work, and well, he has a lot a good amount of experience with it.

My E-Mag is there right now, once done, it will be shown off here if people care to see it. Also give a review, some may see it as biased, but I will make it as fair assessment as I know how.

my 2 cents.

phizz
06-01-2007, 12:43 AM
dont' forget that bone x-mag done by odds, looks awsome too

Lucifer Bob
06-01-2007, 02:54 AM
Wow I'm jealous... I do engravings at work except we use a diamond tip needle instead of a laser. Everything I do is by hand, no computer to help me out… The best I could do would be maybe engrave your name and info… so sad… :(