PDA

View Full Version : OKLAHOMA DDAY! Whos going to be there

jade_monkey07
05-31-2007, 06:06 AM
OKDDAY week starts soon enough! we leave at 6 in the morning saturday from ottawa ontario for a 26 hour drive down. who else is making the arduous journey down? and who are you fighting for?

is there going to be any Mag vendors there, Tuna or rogue? maybe someone from AGD?
im lookin to build a second mag while im there

mag_lover05
05-31-2007, 10:08 AM
ill be there mid day wednesday.

PanzerGen
05-31-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm going as well with two of my friends. I'm not sure when we are leaving (one of them as summer school to deal with first).

etjoyride
05-31-2007, 12:03 PM
I was going to go, but sadly other things got in the way. Some friends from around here are going, but none of them are on AO. I'll be there next year.

Nick E
05-31-2007, 01:54 PM
damn, this looks crazy. I'm going to have to get some people to do this next year. and camping is cheap too, awesome.

Don Carnage
05-31-2007, 05:54 PM
I'll be there Thursday afternoon and plan on making the nightgame that evening.
Friday I'll be in the no hopper game and probably the Tac8 match
Saturday and Sunday I'll be in the German 352nd holding the wall at Omaha

pendulous
05-31-2007, 07:00 PM
OKDDAY week starts soon enough! we leave at 6 in the morning saturday from ottawa ontario for a 26 hour drive down. who else is making the arduous journey down? and who are you fighting for?

is there going to be any Mag vendors there, Tuna or rogue? maybe someone from AGD?
im lookin to build a second mag while im there

I will be there with my son. We leave Tuesday evening from Chicago. We are the 82nd AA.

Lomarandil
05-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Be there Tuesday night, fighting for the 6th Fallshirmjager Regiment.. Hooah..

Anyone interested in playing SPPL? PM me

Lo

jade_monkey07
05-31-2007, 10:29 PM
CANT WAIT. just packed all my gear 2 days early:P what can i say im excited lol
im fighting for the 1st candian paratroopers, watch your back krauts:P

Pickle
06-01-2007, 12:25 AM
I'll be leading the 325th GIR to victory over the Germans.

phizz
06-01-2007, 12:32 AM
man I wish I could make it to this, I am hoping to get down to it next year with a friend (both from British Columbia Canada) to add another couple of canadians to the mix.

matteusz
06-01-2007, 07:02 AM
Leaving from Manhattan, KS on Wed. morning be there by mid day. Kicking your butt with the GeisterJager all weekend long.

NoForts4Me
06-02-2007, 11:34 PM
My father and I will be up there before Noon on Friday. Hope to play in the "Civil War" style game Friday. We'll be attached to the 4th ID.

We're also chickening out and staying in a motel in Miami! Hope to see some of you there!

MiniSpdRcr
06-03-2007, 12:10 PM
I will be in charge of the 6th Falschimjager Scouts. Last year I was in charge of the Geisterjager squads, so if you were there Matteusz we should have met.

This year I will be flying the Polish flag on my tent, even though I am on the German side...hehe.

I will be there Monday evening.

So will there be a AO meet?

matteusz
06-03-2007, 12:37 PM
I will be in charge of the 6th Falschimjager Scouts. Last year I was in charge of the Geisterjager squads, so if you were there Matteusz we should have met.

This year I will be flying the Polish flag on my tent, even though I am on the German side...hehe.

I will be there Monday evening.

So will there be a AO meet?

Jesccze Polska Nie Skinela Poki My Ziemy

This is my first year. We should meet up at some point. Any ideas from the veterans? I will be camping in the black frontier with a white camper top.

MiniSpdRcr
06-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Heh close ;) I wondered if you were Polish or not. I will be with Wolfguard, you will know its us, by the Wolf head on a stick with a white canopy.

Get some sort of tight underarmor shirt and athletic shorts and tuck your shirt into them. Ticks dont like crawling under there, since its skin tight. Get some Repel promonone (sp?) and treat your clothing.

I will be on the lookout for you if not since you are in the GJ you are camping next to us and look for the Polish flag.

matteusz
06-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Heh close ;) I wondered if you were Polish or not. I will be with Wolfguard, you will know its us, by the Wolf head on a stick with a white canopy.

Get some sort of tight underarmor shirt and athletic shorts and tuck your shirt into them. Ticks dont like crawling under there, since its skin tight. Get some Repel promonone (sp?) and treat your clothing.

I will be on the lookout for you if not since you are in the GJ you are camping next to us and look for the Polish flag.

I lived in Poland for two years. I speak better than I type. Your association? Check and double check on the bug protection. See you around camp.

MiniSpdRcr
06-03-2007, 03:54 PM
I was born and raised there in Pabianice, near Lodz. Moved here to Oklahoma about 10 years ago.

matteusz
06-03-2007, 04:31 PM
I was born and raised there in Pabianice, near Lodz. Moved here to Oklahoma about 10 years ago.

Ah yeah the german army speakin Polish. Only in America. :shooting:

jade_monkey07
06-11-2007, 09:18 PM
id just like to say that the first canadian paratroopers led every assault on kickin all your butts :)

"RUN!! here come the guys in Maroon" all germans as they retreated :)

matteusz
06-11-2007, 10:13 PM
id just like to say that the first canadian paratroopers led every assault on kickin all your butts :)

"RUN!! here come the guys in Maroon" all germans as they retreated :)

Lets not start trash talk after the fact. We all know it was a tainted victory and you know full well the butt kicking was not one sided.

hey mini where were you? I looked for you never did find the polish guy to go with the flag.

jade_monkey07
06-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Lets not start trash talk after the fact. We all know it was a tainted victory and you know full well the butt kicking was not one sided.

hey mini where were you? I looked for you never did find the polish guy to go with the flag.
a tainted victory? dont be daft. maybe we should talk about the reset where the refs pushed us back so you could last past lunch :P and the only group that didnt take thier objectives in time was the 1st ID americans. other then them we rocked your world.
end of story

Pickle
06-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah rocked our world...mainly because the Germans had 750 players insert...Allies...3,500 inserted. Quite a bit of difference.

So far the official player count is 4017. Lets do some math. 4,017 - 3500 = 517.

I seriously doubt the Allies had 3,500 players and the Germans 517. The Allies do outnumber the Germans every year but that is by design.

matteusz
06-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah rocked our world...mainly because the Germans had 750 players insert...Allies...3,500 inserted. Quite a bit of difference.

Anyways, I was in the Wolfguard camp with the white top and the Wolf on a stick. We were right by the 6th HQ

Oh well some other event perhaps. I am gonna unsubscribe from this thread now. I will just leave with this one comment. How desperate do you have to be for an ego boost to claim winning D-Day as some great thing you did?

MiniSpdRcr
06-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Pickle I got this from the head refs mouth also Jeremies. That is how many players they said were put onto the field. I was just going by what was said to me.

jade_monkey07
06-13-2007, 07:20 AM
wow some people are bitter about simple things....someone had to lose accept it

jade_monkey07
06-13-2007, 07:26 AM
this is coming from allied command, and cheese it for the player count( he ran orientation)

The official score was 2515 (Allies) to 1259 (German).

There were more than 4100 players registered. approximately 1500 Allied players and 1305 German players completed basic orientation by Thursday.

even 2 days early your player count is way off dude, dont be such a sore looser

SirLeClean
06-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Just got my first mag not long ago and decided to sign in to here and one of the first threads i look into, theres another guy from Ottawa! Theres no way i could possibly be getting to D-Day as much as i would love to!