PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 install/swap question

mudpie
05-31-2007, 02:29 PM
Apologies, I'm sure this has been detailed somewhere, but searching lvl10, level 10, Lvl V, anti-chop, etc...just not finding what I'm looking for.

Can a tweaked-to-work-nicely Level 10 be easily and/or quickly swapped between mags? Say, an automag RT, micromag, and minimag?

I went from selling all of my equipment to soon-to-be-gun-whore with one new Phantom, an RT mag on the way and my eyes on a micromag, drool coming out of my mouth. Would like to share the Level 10 since I'll be using one gun at a time...hey wait, are you allowed to use 2 at a time?! :ninja:

captian pinky
05-31-2007, 03:43 PM
umm i would say if u know the tuned setup of both yes but tunning both will be a pain especially since some people have problems with one lvl10 and valve

but can be done if needed y not just get another lvl10

Spider-TW
05-31-2007, 03:53 PM
hey wait, are you allowed to use 2 at a time?! :ninja:

In scenarios and most walk-on play, you can bring as many as you want to chrony and carry. Saw one guy with four guns on a single HPA tank and 'octopus' rig last weekend. And some people put two guns together or build custon double guns.

Most of the lvl 10 tuning has to do with the oring fit on the bolt. The tolerances in the dimensions of the powertubes should allow you to switch them around. At the very least, you could get lucky and the two powertubes could be exact anyway.

You will at least get good at tuning a lvl 10 bolt. :D

athomas
06-04-2007, 08:25 AM
The bolt and carrier-oring combination are the things that need to be sized. These combinations can be transfered from gun to gun. If you want to just be able to swap bolts, then you will need to tune both valves to fit the bolt. If you are lucky, you will find a second carrier-oring combination that will work in the 2nd gun. If not, then you will have to buy another carrier the same as the first. But then you will have both valves tuned and can just swap bolts.

phizz
06-04-2007, 12:14 PM
why swap the lvl 10 just swap the valve. All my mags have the 12" braided line wtih quick disconnects so I can swap valves between markers if I ever have trouble.

athomas
06-04-2007, 03:51 PM
why swap the lvl 10 just swap the valve. All my mags have the 12" braided line wtih quick disconnects so I can swap valves between markers if I ever have trouble.Good point. All mine are interchangeable as well. I make all my valve setups the same with a quick disconnect at the valve so that it can just slide out and into another body.