PDA

View Full Version : Why do I need Level 10 (if I have a good loader/hopper)?

mudpie
05-31-2007, 03:14 PM
Why do I need Level 10 (if I have a good loader/hopper)?

Let's assume...okay, let's say for sure...that I won't...can't...pull the trigger faster than 8bps and I have a quality loader like a Viewloader Vlocity Jr...

Why would I need Level 10?! It ain't going to chop if the hopper is dropping balls into the breech fast enough!? :tard:

Thoughts?

Spider-TW
05-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Same sort of question here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215327)

To this I would add my latest experience. I started a scenario and had already played 3 days on a new set of batteries in my B2. About the time I engage the other side near my base, I see my feeder light turn red, then go out. I start playing hit and run while using my rip drive. At first I thought I was having gun troubles too, because my mag kept chuffing every few balls. After a few more minutes I finally realized it was my level 10 kicking in. Between the rip drive and the level 10, I was able to help fend off that particular push because I still had range and accuracy.

I like my lvl 10.

:shooting:

captian pinky
05-31-2007, 03:39 PM
because u can cut ur toungue off with a lvl7 haha

and its cool

but its more of a reasurance than it is do i really need

Cleric
05-31-2007, 03:43 PM
i find mags tuned with ult have a habbit of sometimes double/triple firing very quickly if you dont squeeze/letgo of the trigger perfectly and can go fast enough to break balls...when i first got ult and lvl 10 when not tuned properly the only time it would chop a ball was right when i first pressed the trigger..the second/third ball would always break

mudpie
05-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Hmm, good insights.

I see the 'insurance' situations where you'd want the gun to prevent a chop because of other equipment (including your own brain) malfunction.

But I don't like the complexity. I mean, sounds like the Level 10, with its myriad of parts, could in itself stop functioning correctly and maybe cause your gun to stop working?

Or is its only failure mode that it would go ahead and chop half-fed balls but not otherwise affect the firing of your gun?

Coralis
05-31-2007, 07:17 PM
Basically if you are not chopping with a level 7 then i wouldnt worry about a level 10 unless you just like having lots of parts around.

FiXeL
06-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I have spare lvl10 kits laying to be installed, but i never did. Why? Because my minimag with a revvie hardly chops a ball. Sure i could install it for a little extra insurance, but if it aint broke don't fix it. But if you shoot above 8 bps or more with your mag, it would be a wise upgrade to install.

pierce
06-05-2007, 06:40 PM
I agree with Coral and Fix, if you are not chopping balls don't worry about it. I have a L10 and it works but it can be tempermental sometimes. Some of the issues i have are when it does hit a ball and recock it will double feed and barrel brake the two balls (sometimes) or just shoot two balls.

Ninjeff
06-05-2007, 07:32 PM
It also helps (the lvl10) if you are using very delicate high grade paint.

sixtoes1313
06-05-2007, 09:54 PM
even with a warpfeed I still chopped balls for seemingly no reason with the lvl 7. Firing slowly and everything. Both my mgs have lvl10's and havnt chopped a ball in 3 cases this season so far.

Pneumagger
06-05-2007, 10:28 PM
The level ten, as well as not cutting balls in half, is also gentler on paint. It has 2 acceleration phases. The first is a slow phase and the full force phase happens after the ball has made contact with the bolt. So the level 10 uses the foamie face and gentle push start instead of slamming the ball right from the start with the hardnose boltface. So it is all around gentler on paint even when the loader is functioning perfectly.

I wouldn't call it an essential upgrade for the ocassional rec baller, but if you play regularly or competitively, it's a lifesaver.

Bassaro
06-05-2007, 11:40 PM
I have an ans generation x venturi bolt in my mag with a halo feeding it and as long as I have good paint I never break a ball. Look truth be told automags rock but agd sometimes ties to push for expensive products you really don't need. I hear level tens never break paint but guess what guys niether do stock tippmann 98s. I suppose I will give a level 10 a try someday but not until the price goes down.

Pneumagger
06-06-2007, 12:54 AM
I thought ANS made the venturi bolts? Even so, level X is still softer on brittle paint. :p

Spider-TW
06-06-2007, 01:40 AM
Most of the time I don't get to pick my paint, and in cold weather most of it is brittle anyway. I guess if I shot less than 500 rounds a weekend, I would be happy with a level 7. Around that point, I would think the level 10 would be worth tuning, unless you really hate that sort of thing.

Ninjeff
06-06-2007, 06:28 PM
I have an ans generation x venturi bolt in my mag with a halo feeding it and as long as I have good paint I never break a ball. Look truth be told automags rock but agd sometimes ties to push for expensive products you really don't need. I hear level tens never break paint but guess what guys niether do stock tippmann 98s. I suppose I will give a level 10 a try someday but not until the price goes down.

Out of curiousity, what do you think would be a fair price to pay to put eyes on your marker?