PDA

View Full Version : I hate trying to find Shorts.

behemoth
05-31-2007, 11:32 PM
Alright.

I'm six foot four, I'm tall, but i'm not rediculously tall....

All the shorts i can find in the "big and tall" section, are more for the "big" population.

I mean, they're all the same length, just bigger waists. All my shorts go above my knees when standing, i cant stand this.

I want them to be a bit lower. I wear them fairly low as it is, i'm not sagging or anything, but i dont wear them up around my bellybutton.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm about to start cutting off pants and hemming them.

maglover728
06-01-2007, 02:33 AM
Good luck. I love the bigger waist section. That is the part that makes my 6'2" frame fit anything. LOL

Chaos_Theory!
06-01-2007, 02:47 AM
Ive had that prob before as well. All my new shorts from Hollister and Abercrombie fit great though.

tribalman
06-01-2007, 04:30 AM
yup, same boat, 6'4" and i probably weigh less than you. i'm 140. sucks trying to find shorts, and A&F, pfft. i'm also very cheap/frugal cause i have no money. best idea, find older pants that still fit around the waist but not so much in the length and cut off the legs! nothing says "hey, look at me, i'm really cool!" than those awesome homemade shorts with the fraying hems.

/ah the 90's.

skife
06-01-2007, 05:16 AM
scissors + pants = shorts.

/win

Thordic
06-01-2007, 10:23 AM
All my new shorts from Hollister and Abercrombie fit great though.

They are made for skinny people. It seems all their mens pants are size 28-34.

American Eagle shorts tend to be a bit longer. I think just about all my shorts are from AE, and they come down to my knees, and I'm 6'2". I feel your pain, though, some brands of shorts feel way too short.

I don't give a rats behind about brand names as long as the clothes are comfy, for the most part, and AE rocks in that department. I think half the clothes I own are from there.

teufelhunden
06-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Try Old Navy. I'm 6'4" and wear shorts that come down to about my knee, maybe the bottom or a bit below. Not like, mid calf like whatever group of teenagers feels that's fashionable these days, but comfortable and such.

Thordic
06-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Old Navy is comfy, and cheap, but their clothes tend to fall apart quickly. It seems you might gear a year out of their stuff before it falls apart.

bentothejam1n
06-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Not like, mid calf like whatever group of teenagers feels that's fashionable these days, but comfortable and such.
that would be the wiggers

rkjunior303
06-01-2007, 01:19 PM
lose some weight, fatty!!

behemoth
06-01-2007, 06:56 PM
lose some weight, fatty!!

Wait, so if i lost weight, i'd get shorter?

Smoke another rock, Rob.

paintballfiend
06-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Dickies 15" shorts may just be right for you.

maxama10
06-02-2007, 12:21 AM
try pacsun or similar places

jenarelJAM
06-02-2007, 12:34 AM
I have the same problem. I'm 6'3", size 34 waist (slightly less, but 33 waist doesn't exist, and 32 is too small), most of my height is in my legs though, and I've found Burnside brand shorts to work pretty well. I get them at JCPennys. There are two different "styles" which have slightly different waist sizes. Then each style has assorted colors, etc. They work perfectly for me. Just go to the mall and look at the shorts section in whatever mens clothing stores are there... you'll find something that fits.

personman
06-04-2007, 05:09 PM
I got some shorts at walmart. When I got home I realized they were wigger shorts (went down about half of my shins..). So I cut them down to a reasonable length with a pocket knife.

Why so picky about your clothes joshypoo?

Chaos_Theory!
06-05-2007, 02:21 AM
They are made for skinny people. It seems all their mens pants are size 28-34.

Not really true at all. I wear their 34 shorts and they are both long and large in the waist. Not only that but they do have larger sizes as well. My AE shorts are also shorter and fit a little more snug than both my Hollister or AF shorts.