PDA

View Full Version : Short Stroke Bolt Stick

Mr.Gunny
06-01-2007, 01:11 AM
I've been working on upgrading my mag and I have it to the point where everything is now working more or less correctly. The one problem I am experiencing is that when I short stroke and get a chuff, the level 7 bolt sticks forward in the breech and has to be reset manually- a real pain in the ***.

Could this be caused by too large a gap between the valve and the body? Otherwise, I've made sure everything is oiled, any small burs on the bolt have been filed off and I know the velocity isn't turned down too low. Can anyone hear give me some suggestions?

Thanks in advance. :bounce: :bounce: :cheers:

athomas
06-01-2007, 08:06 AM
A weak bolt spring will cause that problem. Bolt springs are a consumable item in a mag and should be replaced regularly to keep the mag operating smoothly.

Mr.Gunny
06-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Hmm, this could be the problem, but I have two automags I purchased simultaneously having this problem. Both have had their trigger frames replaced and this is when the problems began.

Coincidence that both of the springs are wearing out, or are there some other possibilities I might not have checked?

Russ
06-01-2007, 08:30 PM
try the next size longer power tube spacer

for the record, what frames are you using?

Mr.Gunny
06-02-2007, 12:24 AM
I have a Y-Frame with a black ULE and an Intelliframe with a Red ULE. Each is using a classic valve and a lvl 7 bolt. I don't want to have to go back to a stock frame, as everything was in fine working order beforehand.

athomas
06-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Make sure the rail bushing is in place. Make sure the trigger rod isn't in constant contact with the back of the trigger when the gun is at rest with air on.

It is possible that both mags have worn springs. There are lots of mags out there that start having problems and nobody thinks to change the bolt springs.

As mentioned by Russ, it could be that you need a longer powertube spacer.