PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Raffle for Breast Cancer

Shane-O-Mac
06-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Spaceman and another Phog member (Simon) are raffling off a pink phantom for breast cancer. Spaceman is the promoter of SPE, and the raffle is on the up and up.

Hers the copy of the post.:

This year, we are offering a Phantom that Simon picked up and donated to the cause. Yes its used, but heres the deal. We are selling raffle tickets on the gun below. We keep nothing, all of the money goes directly to a charity. The charity is for breast cancer. This year a friend of mine was chosen for the donation. Sharon is walking in Iceland and raising money for a U.K. breast cancer charity (shes British). Her story is at the bottom of the page, and if you would like more info, please email me. I (Spaceman) will be handling the money, tickets, and shipping. We will accumulate all of the proceeds and donate it to her in one lump sum... and probably under the name "Paintballers" or pumpers or something. And a VERY big thank you to K&P Customs for the ribbon laser work. Ken, you rock!

Tickets will cost... $1 each, buy more to increase your chances for a special Phantom.

you can paypal money to spaceman@spaceman613.net or email me at the same address for "snail" mail payments

The winner will receive the following marker.... Notice it includes a stock, direct feed body, 4 ounce tank, and even a Winchester hopper.

Winner will be drawn July 5th, 2007

http://www.spaceman613.net/pink/pink1.jpg

Now for Sharon's info...... Taken from her donation page.

"In 1987 I was told that I would be on 2 walking sticks for the rest of my life. I am pleased to say that this was wrong! To celebrate this incorrect diagnosis, and the imminent 40th birthday, I am power walking several marathons and half marathons to raise money for Breast Cancer Research and Cancer Care with the help of Walk The Walk. I am doing a half marathon in Reading on 25th March, I have now done this in 2 hours 58 minutes, which I am really pleased with as my aim was 3 hours (20 minutes faster than it took me last year), the Moonwalk in London (midnight start wearing a decorated bra....and leggings) on 19th May ......... Five weeks later,my main fundraiser is on 23rd June when I will be walking around Lake Myvatn in Iceland, again in a decorated bra!. Two weeks later I will be complete a half marathon in Bristol (again in a bra!). There are possibly more to come too! A new addition is Bristol Half Marathon on September 9th. Finishing the year off with the Leicester Marthon on 17th October.

I have set myself the task of raising £5000 for Walk the Walk and would be grateful if you would be able to help me in this quest. Some people are beginning to say I am mad, but this is a challenge of a lifetime and the chance to be able to help people who have breast cancer is one not to be missed. I know several people who have been diagnosed with Breat Cancer, some have survived, some haven't. I'd just like to do my bit to help those diagnosed in the future.

At present funds are granted to Breakthrough Breast Cancer and help fund their research centre which was opened in 1998. The scientists there aim to produce a co-ordinated programme of research to develop new methods to diagnose, treat and prevent breast cancer. In order to support people who are coping with cancer funds are also granted to The Bristol Cancer Help Centre which, working in conjunction with conventional treatments, promotes the benefits of an holistic approach, including nutrition, healing, and relaxation, encouraging people to take control of their treatment by adopting a lifestyle that can strengthen both mind and body. You can find out more by visiting the website on http://www.walkthewalk.org/ .

Great news.......My employer has agreed to match everything I raise, so Walk The Walk should end up with £10,000!

Thank you for visiting my fundraising page. Please dig deep and sponsor me online. Or I have sponsor forms if you would rather donate that way.

Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Walk The Walk Worldwide will receive your money faster and, if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in tax will be added to your gift at no cost to you.

So please sponsor me now! Every little bit counts.

Many thanks for your support.

Sharon "

OR go to this link: http://www.bunkerboyz.com/phog/showthread.php?t=6225

Thanks!

Shane-O

Warwitch
06-01-2007, 03:57 PM
I will take 20 please! My wife works for Hope Hospice and is a saint! She will be thrilled to know shes in the drawing too cause shes a baller ( and she will look a lot better shooting it than you!) :shooting:

C'mon guys, pony up and show her what the AO community is all about :clap:

EDIT: Paypal is down :( cash inbound as soon as its up.

Re-edit: Paypal back up. He's got the $$

Shane-O-Mac
06-01-2007, 04:46 PM
I will take 20 please! My wife works for Hope Hospice and is a saint! She will be thrilled to know shes in the drawing too cause shes a baller ( and she will look a lot better shooting it than you!) :shooting:

C'mon guys, pony up and show her what the AO community is all about :clap:

EDIT: Paypal is down :( cash inbound as soon as its up.

Re-edit: Paypal back up. Check your $$

Note: Its not my raffle, just a person helping to promote it. Spaceman is the head monkey on this deal.......................... :p

Thank you none the less!!!!!!!!

Warwitch
06-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Note: Its not my raffle, just a person helping to promote it. Spaceman is the head monkey on this deal.......................... :p

Thank you none the less!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I got that :rolleyes:

Just sayin'...

(fixed)