PDA

View Full Version : Efficency Question...

spike_ball999
06-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Ok. Into the world of pumps I go!

Anyway, I'm thinking two things for my next marker. Either a pump cocker or a Trracer or the like.
So, off of a 12 gram charger how many shots could I about get from either gun? This will fuel my decision.
Inform me!

Rudz
06-01-2007, 10:55 PM
from what i hear, cockers arent the most 12 g freindly, but of course, niether is my mag, not even remotely familar with the tracer

Tao
06-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Ok. Into the world of pumps I go!

Anyway, I'm thinking two things for my next marker. Either a pump cocker or a Trracer or the like.
So, off of a 12 gram charger how many shots could I about get from either gun? This will fuel my decision.
Inform me!

I can do about 15-20 shots of a 12g with my cocker pump. I like the cocker pump since there is such a selection of barrels.

chill will
06-02-2007, 12:26 AM
I can do about 15-20 shots of a 12g with my cocker pump. I like the cocker pump since there is such a selection of barrels.

I agree, for 12 grams usage a phantom is probally your best bet, but cocker pumps are nice with a compressed air setup. With a rail and a 68/3000 you basicly have a stock on you shoulder for steady fireing It is all about what you want, but for me I cant make the adjustment from an air tank and hopper to the loading of 12 grams and tubes while in play. I play at only big games and its just to much for me with all of the electros running up and down the field and my style of play. A little more then what you wanted to know, but I just thought I would share it. And since your looking I guess I will plug my thread.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215557

etjoyride
06-02-2007, 07:11 PM
with some tuning on some stock lowers used to get 25+ shots off of my VSC sniper, but that thing had a lot of work in it. I highly suggest a phantom if you want to run 12 grams mainly.

DaFin
06-02-2007, 07:19 PM
The Trracer is a nelson based gun and properly tuned you can get in the 40's shooting 270 fps. I'm just now starting to mess with a cocker and from what I see so far unless I take lots of volume out of it and get (make/buy) another valve it's doomed to get less than 20.

BTW anyone have a recommendation for a 2k2 cocker valve that is efficient with 12 grams and a place to get it hopefully in So Cal?

spike_ball999
06-02-2007, 10:46 PM
The Trracer is a nelson based gun and properly tuned you can get in the 40's shooting 270 fps. I'm just now starting to mess with a cocker and from what I see so far unless I take lots of volume out of it and get (make/buy) another valve it's doomed to get less than 20.

BTW anyone have a recommendation for a 2k2 cocker valve that is efficient with 12 grams and a place to get it hopefully in So Cal?

That's the kind of answer I was looking for!

I've always wanted a sniper style gun but we'll see how it all turns out.

BTW, how do you 'tune' a nelson based gun? I had a Trracer when I first started, but of course, I really didn't tinker with stuff nearly as much as I do now.