PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needs Help, Jus Rec'd Used Mini-Mag, What Next?

psyop66
01-07-2002, 12:03 PM
Well I am very excited as I just received my used mini-mag package I purchased off of ebay. The Mraker has a Retro Valve and 2X Benchmark. What should I look for as far as doing a precheck on the gun? Unfortunately, it did not come with the manual or video so I don't even know how to break it down. I would like to ccheck the gun out and make sure its is in good condition and replace any worn items.

Thanks for your help
Jay

[NA]WARLORD
01-07-2002, 12:08 PM
First thing i would do is remove barrel, drop a couple drops of oil in asa and gas her up, dry fire it 20-30 times. this will help lube the internals and see if there are any leaks.

beam
01-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Call AGD, register it....ask for a manual, video, parabolic PF plug, and maybe they'll throw in some stickers.

Then, go play with it. :)

SoupRman
01-07-2002, 01:24 PM
i didn't read that you had nitro with the gun. so first things first if you havent already, GET NITRO!!!! you can't use co2 on a retro valve it will absolutely ruin it. also, get a 12 vt. revolution made by VL for all the high rates of fire you willb e doing ;). also if this is yoru first time (dont get offended if it isn't) get a mask, and lots of paint :).

Paintchucker
01-07-2002, 01:28 PM
Depending on the age of the RT valve, you may need an RT parts kit for it. I bought a used RT Pro and it shot pretty good, but noticed the orings were a little yellow. Here is a picture that you may find handy for pulling the valve apart and putting it back together. If you click on a part, it will tell you what it is...

RT Valve Exploded View (http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=142&CATID=6)

loneranger00_99
01-08-2002, 06:30 PM
Get on line and go to Airgun Designs.and down load their on line manuel. call and regester ask for vidieo and manuel.Mags Rule.

Donnyluv
01-08-2002, 06:44 PM
As a service to a fellow paintballer, I would be willing to trade you a stock valve for your Retro valve. That way in case you use CO2, you won't ruin it. Ah hahahahaha!!! Good one, huh? :D

Dealaman
01-09-2002, 08:39 PM
That was such a great joke.