PDA

View Full Version : Emag tournament question

hulk
06-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Ok at my local field they have an all mech gun tournament. Now would an emag, xmag etc. switched to the mech mode be considered a mech because the way im looking at it some tournaments have restrictions on firing modes like psp, automatic, 3round burst? You see what im getting at I just would like to know. If you could give a personal opinion why you said y or y not.

Cow hunter
06-05-2007, 04:23 PM
you could just take off the battery...

but for any major tournament i think it wouldn't be allowed due to the E/X-mags capability to use "hybrid" mode of fire, resulting in more than one shot per pull. to be on the safe side you could disconnect something to make it either one mode or the other (take off battery, remove one of the arms on the sear, etc)

Hexis
06-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah just remove the battery (or remove it from the case so you can still have a foregrip. Then the emag is a mech marker.

hulk
06-05-2007, 04:58 PM
yah thats what i was thinking.
~thanks
HULK

Dark Side
06-05-2007, 05:04 PM
but for any major tournament i think it wouldn't be allowed due to the E/X-mags capability to use "hybrid" mode of fire, resulting in more than one shot per pull.

Huh?

Mine was a one pull one shot deal. :rolleyes:

PumpMag
06-06-2007, 02:36 AM
Depending on how strict the refs are when they chrono your gun, there is a way to lock your settings to semi only. But as stated above, removing your battery will allow you to operate in "Mech" mode only and should make your Mag less heavier for that event.

Paintchucker
06-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Depending on how strict the refs are when they chrono your gun, there is a way to lock your settings to semi only. But as stated above, removing your battery will allow you to operate in "Mech" mode only and should make your Mag less heavier for that event.

To lock it into "Semi" requires the little tournament lock jumper. But it would still be an Electro unless you pull the battery.

hulk
06-06-2007, 08:42 PM
hummmm ok yah good points.

hulk
06-30-2007, 09:59 PM
just uping to get more opinions.