PDA

View Full Version : One fast freakin' Automag

Dewok82
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
This has been my side project for quite some time. Holy Jeebus, is this thing fast. Think sear tripper on crack with eyes.

I know, it needs anodized. (I'm thinking gloss black body with rail and eye covers in dust black)

Sorry for the obligatory picture next to my big $20 bill and the "eyes in the dark" shot.

1lb 13oz of pure Automag love:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/dewok82/what.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/dewok82/what2.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/dewok82/what1.jpg

ULE Body drilled for eyes, tapped for dual detents, shortened to fit flush with the rail, and milled with "gills".
Hyperframe with Mini-Morlock and Predator 5.0
Blue "laser" break beam eyes.
Luke rail with eye covers (<3 integrated snatch grip).
Luke's HF trigger and panels.
X-Valve with whatever level I feel like running and ULT.

Better pics of the finished product coming soon....

Papa_Smurf
06-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Impressive! :shooting:

mr doo doo
06-05-2007, 11:17 PM
HOLY SMOKES, that thing looks ridiculous!! always love your work dewok.

and at nearly 1 pound!?!?? wowowowowowow

Papa_Smurf
06-05-2007, 11:29 PM
thats almost two...3 ounces short

magman007
06-05-2007, 11:42 PM
How fast again?

As fast as you can pull the trigger?

Pneumagger
06-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Devilmag FTW!

Chaos_Theory!
06-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Ugly as sin (anodized or not imo) but im sure its fast as hell.

neppo1345
06-06-2007, 01:08 AM
Fast you say?

SHENANIGANS I say.

SHENANIGANS that it even works.

Eyes are probably just blue LED's with wires taped to a 9V in the grip.

MisterBones25
06-06-2007, 06:13 AM
Fast you say?

SHENANIGANS I say.

SHENANIGANS that it even works.

Eyes are probably just blue LED's with wires taped to a 9V in the grip.

agreed, we need video proof :D

viper-mayhem
06-06-2007, 07:28 AM
agreed, we need video proof :D
Concur

chettacheez
06-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Looks very similar to mine. Hmmmmm...

I like it. I need to do the eyes for my pred board.

nevtangle
06-06-2007, 11:25 AM
So, how fasst is it? :cool:

Joelus Morolus
06-06-2007, 02:00 PM
i can see my dye stickies fitting nicely on this bad boy especially with the blue eyes...

awww yeaaaa

Dewok82
06-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the compliments, except Chaos_Theory!, but no one really cares what he thinks anyways.

Joelus - The stickies are for my Phantom. They wouldn't fit a Hyperframe. Besides, I had luke mill a notch for the switch in the aluminum panels.

LOL at the people calling shens. Blue LEDs taped to the battery? Come on now....

My digicam can only take short and crappy Quicktime movies, so that's all you're gonna get for now. I'll try to get one shooting tomorrow.

The flashing blue means there is nothing in the breech (won't shoot). The solid blue means the eyes have detected something (will shoot).

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s36.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/dewok82/eyeswork.flv"></embed>

CaliMagFan
06-06-2007, 09:18 PM
i like it much dewok... homebrew is dead sexy when it comes to markers. those critics can go blahbidtyblah them selves.

Chaos_Theory!
06-06-2007, 10:54 PM
In typical AO fashion any opinion of a mag that isnt 100% positive gets shot down. Its a really nice mag but it is really ugly imo. Theres no reason you should get mad about that, its just an opinion. Some of you need to learn not to be so critical of peoples harmless comments.

maniacmechanic
06-07-2007, 04:22 AM
why the eyes , I have a hyper with a pred 5.0 no eyes & a level 10 have NEVER chopped a ball , seems like the eyes are just something to get dirty & malfunction

Chaos_Theory!
06-07-2007, 06:46 AM
A level 10 is great as a mechanical anti chop but wont EVER compare to eyes. I know there will be a ton of mag worshipers jumping on me about saying it but the level 10 bolt is second rate chop avoidance. Sure its great for an all mech gun but if youve got the board to support eyes i say go for it. You dont get the "chuff" which will slow things down with eyes. Having the two together is a winning combo though.

Dewok82
06-07-2007, 02:57 PM
In typical AO fashion any opinion of a mag that isnt 100% positive gets shot down. Its a really nice mag but it is really ugly imo. Theres no reason you should get mad about that, its just an opinion. Some of you need to learn not to be so critical of peoples harmless comments.

I’m not mad about it. I simply stated the fact that, on AO, your opinion is widely disregarded. Anyone who has been on this forum for a substantial amount of time knows that the majority your posts are overly negative. Most of us know that if the topic isn’t something involving an AKA product, you’re going to post something critical.

Also, it stands to reason that AO would be defensive of mags. This is, after all, the Official Automag Owners group. I would expect the same thing if I posted less than positive opinions regarding Phantoms on the PHOG or anything critical of AKA markers on AKAowners. The vast majority of AO members are both Automag fans and owners.

why the eyes , I have a hyper with a pred 5.0 no eyes & a level 10 have NEVER chopped a ball , seems like the eyes are just something to get dirty & malfunction

You must not have owned it very long or are shooting some thick-shelled paint.

This argument has been played out multiple times, but here are some of my reasons:
Eyes are cool – I like glowing lights.
It’s something you don’t see very often.
When I go from an indoor facility (FPS limit 260) to an outdoor facility (FPS limit 285), I won’t have to re-spring and shim the Level 10.
Increased air efficiency
The PBN kids will call it “Agg”

Also, as Chaos_Theory! mentioned, I now have the option of running redundant anti-chop systems. While this will eliminate the increased air efficiency and reintroduce the need to re-tune the Level 10, the added protection will come in handy (especially when shooting uber-brittle paint).

As far as the eyes getting dirty and malfunctioning, that isn’t much of a concern. Turning them on and off is a breeze (easily done mid-game) and the metal covers offer amazing protection and very easy access should I need to clean them.

RavishingEddie
06-07-2007, 03:30 PM
A level 10 is great as a mechanical anti chop but wont EVER compare to eyes. I know there will be a ton of mag worshipers jumping on me about saying it but the level 10 bolt is second rate chop avoidance. Sure its great for an all mech gun but if youve got the board to support eyes i say go for it. You dont get the "chuff" which will slow things down with eyes. Having the two together is a winning combo though.

If the board is set to 15 or 17 bps limit and you have a forced feed hopper like a Velocity constantly pushing balls at 30+ bps wouldn't that eliminate chops all together?

You also say that the lvl 10 is second rate compared the eyes, but your only reason is because of the chuff. Lets go beyond mags for a second and look at current top end markers like the 06 ego for instance. Great marker with great eyes but they replaced the bolt on the newer 07's for a lighter one that would prevent chopping brittle paintballs.
:confused: :confused:

My conclusion is that you are right about the lvl 10 and eyes being the best choice when used simultaniously (sp), but a lvl 10 with no eyes will be better than a lvl 7 with eyes IMO, because when thing go wrong ex: misfeed or eyes dirty or not detecting ball the lvl 10 has the chance of fixing the problem while the eyes don't.

TheTramp
06-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Having the two together is a winning combo though.

I agree that having both is a great option. The eyes should make the L10 pretty much never necessary but if something were to happen with the eyes you’d have the almost fool-proof backup.

Chaos_Theory!
06-07-2007, 04:26 PM
I’m not mad about it. I simply stated the fact that, on AO, your opinion is widely disregarded. Anyone who has been on this forum for a substantial amount of time knows that the majority your posts are overly negative. Most of us know that if the topic isn’t something involving an AKA product, you’re going to post something critical.

Also, it stands to reason that AO would be defensive of mags. This is, after all, the Official Automag Owners group. I would expect the same thing if I posted less than positive opinions regarding Phantoms on the PHOG or anything critical of AKA markers on AKAowners. The vast majority of AO members are both Automag fans and owners.

The thing is i say what i think, most other people do not so they can avoind any conflict. Saying i think your mag doesnt look good at all isnt anything against mags (or you) in general, i actually love mags. Like a lot of people do on this forum, you have changed the focus of my comment to suit your response. I never attacked AGD/Mags, i simply said your gun was ugly and thats it. Its perfectly acceptable to say a gun is ugly and not have it implied that i think everything sucks about a certain product. The point is you push my comment beyond what it really is to make things look worse. Id explain why id ont like the way it looks but id rather not so i can avoid further criticism.

Dewok82
06-09-2007, 12:23 AM
My parents were kind enough to let me shoot up their backyard. It only cost me a dinner at Red Lobster and a few guilt trips about how often I call and visit.

I know these videos are complete crap, but they are better than ones of me shooting reballs in my condo (the neighbors LOVE that). They were shot using an Olympus D-380, which was top of the line when I bought it like 6 years ago. I had to hold down the "Take Picture" button while filming, which made firing the marker a bit awkward. Oh well, you get the point. It shoots.

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/dewok82/?action=view&current=ItShoots1.flv

http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e19/dewok82/?action=view&current=ItShoots2.flv

The next time my uber-tech brother is in town I'll steal his cell phone, which I'm sure is more advanced than my Laptop and can take videos with sound. Apparently, having the latest gadgets is more important to him than owning scores of paintball markers (retard! :tard: ).