PDA

View Full Version : classic automag "jamming"

santacruzbob
06-06-2007, 04:00 PM
So, I've got this gun that I bought on ebay that was missing a few parts. I ended up buying a parts kit and a "reactor" on/off valve off a guy on these forums. I slapped it all together following my common sense and the diagrams online (I'm 99% sure I have everything installed properly). The gun shoots fine, consistent power, accurate etc. If I short stroke the trigger pull, sometimes the gun doesn't recock (the sear doesn't get pushed back down) and I have to take the valve out. When I pull the valve I always hear a little popping sound from the on/off and the o-rings on top (the reactor valve has two sets of double o-rings, one on top and one on bottom) always pop up out of their seats. Can anyone help me fix this problem? I think it's probably due to using the reactor valve but I wonder if there is another way for me to fix it? I've been really looking forward to playing this weekend as I don't have many opportunities, but I'll be a sitting duck with the gun in its current state. Thanks in advance. PS: Anyone with a spare stock on/off for sale at a reasonable price hit me up. -Bob

Coralis
06-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Those reactor valves were a real pain in the ***, best bet is to buy a stock on off assembly from tuna or the agd website ... its been awhile since i used one in my mag but i think you are supposed to turn the pin upside down as I recall (its been 8+ years so im not positive about this).

santacruzbob
06-06-2007, 06:37 PM
after further testing it seems to be my bolt sticking. if I take a pen and push gently on the bolt it will recock and fire just fine again until I short stroke.. brand new o-rings and bolt spring. ideas?

Coralis
06-06-2007, 06:41 PM
bolt spring will probably do you there but changing the oring wouldn't hurt either ... if that doesn't do it then you might have to change spacers ( carriers if you have a level 10)

other thing that can cause bolt stick is a wire nubbin that is too far down into the barrel and getting bent over and jamming the bolt , but this wouldnt be intermittant, also if you over tighten the gripe screws and/or valve field strip screws this can cause the bolt to bind on the body or in the barrel.

pierce
06-06-2007, 06:45 PM
You will need to buy a spacer kit and install the longest one that doesn't leak, also check the spring.