PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question

phizz
06-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Okay just out of curiosity, what happens if you use Co2 in an x-valve or RT valve? I had a friend ask me and I had no idea since I have never done it before.

nevtangle
06-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Okay just out of curiosity, what happens if you use Co2 in an x-valve or RT valve? I had a friend ask me and I had no idea since I have never done it before.
You'll end up needing a parts kit to replace all the orings you ruined.

Dewok82
06-08-2007, 11:46 PM
The short answer is no. The long answer has been hashed out and debated many times. I'm sure any search for co2 x-valve will turn up more posts than you'll ever care to read.

The general consensus is no, co2 will not work in an X/RT-Pro/RT/E-Mag valve. You could probably get it to work sporadically, however, you will most likely end up trashing the internal valve o-rings.

That being said, just for kicks, I ran an X-valve on anti-siphon (situated correctly) co2 through a bottom line HP Max-Flo, expansion chamber, and sideline Stabilizer. It worked fairly well. I dumped a hopper and a few pods through the setup and had only slightly noticeable shoot down at higher rates of fire (when fanning the trigger). The elbow fitting going directly into the valve was slightly chilled, but not frosty. Shortly afterwards I tore that rig apart (it looked ridiculous..a bottom line Max-Flo on a mag?) and broke down the X-valve. There wasn't any noticeable wear on the internal parts and the valve shoots strongly to this very day. I should mention that this was done in warm weather.

Can it be done? Yes, with lots of regulation and the right climate. Should it be done? Probably not. Would I do it again? No - unless someone dared me and offered sufficient incentives.

EDIT - I just realized you asked what would happen, not can you do it. Sorry, it's been a long week.

phizz
06-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Well you kinda answered both, It was just curiosity.