PDA

View Full Version : Classic Valve very slow recharge

mikecaz
06-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Ok I have been using mags for eons now and I honestly have never seen this issue before. With this classic valve aired up I get consistent shots if I shoot one or so a second, if I try to shoot anymore than that it chuffs and sputters. I have replaced every O-Ring in the valve cleaned and oiled, I have swapped out on/off's and jsut about every part with a known working valve. To no avail. The problem seems to be somwhere in the power tube, but it all looks normal to me there as well. any help appreciated

classic
lvl 7

Thanks in advance

Caz

commrad
06-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Air or Co2? mine did that once with HPA it ended up being my asa adapter, the pin was a little too long and cause an air flow restriction.

mikecaz
06-09-2007, 08:51 AM
co2 or hpa, same prob. It is not the air of that I am sure.

Boy_Wonder
06-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Wonder if there is something in your air line(s) that is restricting the air flow. The only thing other than that I can think of part wise would be a spring pack if you have used the gun that much. Really not sure on that, though, just something to try.

mikecaz
06-09-2007, 10:12 AM
I thought the same thing with the spring pack and swapped the back half off my other mag still same issue, I used 2 different hoses and have checked all air ways that I can physically inspect and nothing.. this issue is perplexing me

Coralis
06-09-2007, 01:29 PM
unscrew the valve halve and pull out the regulator Pin (not the piston) pull out spring too and look for obstructions in the air path check to make sure the spring isnt collapsed/broken also check for debris in the hole leading to the on/off pin (a can of air can be a good tool here just wear eye protection just in case).

athomas
06-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Change the bolt spring. If it is weak or worn, it will cause bolt stick and affect your recharge rate.