PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Pimp My Ride?

NewbieMagMan10988
06-09-2007, 05:19 PM
My Tivo just found a Pimp My Ride with a guy who plays.

I spot a PM5, a nice sniper with stock class feed.

Anyone else seen it?

Mike

***EDIT***

Watching the show, they just shot the Matrix, without masks mind you, into his trunk.

They also shot someone in the shop, he had sun glasses, no mask.

The "paintball" mods to the car were limited to a secret compartment to put his gun in, located in the trunk.

The gift was a bunch of cheap gear, and a sweet chest protector :rolleyes: .

At least when they shot the owner, he had a mask on.

Somewhat disappointing.

Empyreal Rogue
06-09-2007, 10:06 PM
It seems whenever Paintball is shown on a popular TV show they disregard rules for the coolness factor. IE: Masks don't look cool, so don't wear them. There have been VERY few commercials/shows/movies with brief paintball moments where safety (The rules) is considered and showed. Most of the time safety is ignored to seem 'cool' or 'hard'. A show like 'Pimp my Ride' doing this doesn't surprise me. I saw 1 episode of it and that was 1 episode too many for me.

Did anyone ever see the episode of the King of Queens where all of the 6 main characters plus some random weird guy went paintballing for someones birthday? While they did wear their masks, they only wore them half of the time. Iirc, though, no shots were fired while the masks were off. Which is OK, but while they were playing masks did come off and there were no refs.

My favorite 'paintball in the media' moment was for a Kia commercial where a man and wife are hiding behind a log (With spyders :rofl: ) talking about a mini-van and the wife says something the husband reacts in shock to. He sits up and gets shot in the face 3 times. Obviously they were wearing masks, but it was one of few moments that showed paintball is a safe sport when the rules are followed.

And while I was typing this, eerily enough, on CSI:New York there will be some heavy investigation into a paintball team where one of the teammates was murdered. This should be interesting. Hopefully it will bring a positive note to the sport since it's a very popular show.

I hate it when I start to ramble needlessly. :tard:

Joelus Morolus
06-09-2007, 10:20 PM
yea and in that episode of CSI they play paintball in an alleyway(sp) and one guys uses black cocaine or something to kill the other guy... i dont know i didn't really pay any attention. all i know is that the guys are all wearing JT flex 8's, they're all white with tinted lenses, ohhh badass.

Warwitch
06-10-2007, 08:22 AM
yea and in that episode of CSI they play paintball in an alleyway(sp) and one guys uses black cocaine or something to kill the other guy... i dont know i didn't really pay any attention. all i know is that the guys are all wearing JT flex 8's, they're all white with tinted lenses, ohhh badass.

Yeah I started boycotting CSI after that episode lol. My girl friggin loves it :tard:

craltal
06-10-2007, 01:55 PM
There was always the "American Chopper" episode when all the guys from the shop went out to play. They got around the "we can't tell who's who with masks on" by wearing t-shirts with their faces on them (them again, it's not like you're going to confuse Paul Sr. or Mikey, but for the other guys it made some sense)