PDA

View Full Version : so i have an issue with an x-girlfriend

trevorjk
06-10-2007, 12:16 AM
To make the story short, the Ex and I broke up over a year and a half ago. This girl is slightly psychotic and had a rough up bringing with violence in her family.

Last Friday night my now girlfriend and I were out driving to Wal-Mart to get some groceries when we crossed paths for the first time in over a year and a half.

Later that night at 1:30am there was a knock on my door, at first I didn’t know what was going on. Then some one opened my screen door and started to pound on the glass on my door. Before I could get to the door I heard 2 people run to there car and drive off.

Upon further pondering on who it could be, I was only drawn to the conclusion that it was in fact the ex girlfriend.

NOW

1 day later. I have seen her and her boyfriend drive past my house twice. And once sit in front of my house for a few moments as if they were scoping my house out.

Now, im a little paranoid as I am not a violent person. But knowing the 2 people that have been causing this ruckus, they would resort to violence. And I feel that is the only reason why they suddenly just appeared back in my life.

What are some things that I can do to help my situation? I now lock the door when I go anywhere and even when im home. Is there anything else besides the obvious? Can I get law enforcement evolved?

SCpoloRicker
06-10-2007, 12:45 AM
It may be worth a call to the local PD. If nothing else, you're establishing that you're concerned.

/wuss
//awaiting the "I'd pump a round into my Rem 810/AK drum mag/AR clone bolt slap/hammer drop/Glock safety/DA vs SA crowd
///9mm HK USP

MoeMag
06-10-2007, 05:10 AM
///9mm HK USP

:tard: A tactical HK USP in .45acp... duh
/gosh

:rofl:

HAHA!

Like the fella said call the cops... at least you established that their is a concern. Then if you would like you may consider a restraining order.

rifleman wi
06-10-2007, 09:11 AM
like my buddie allways said " never stick it in a crazy, or tell them where you live" :D hopefully nothing happens of it..

Eagle
06-10-2007, 09:33 AM
call the cops, and see what they say about trying a restraining order

ahellers
06-10-2007, 10:13 AM
buy a shotgun! and clean it while sitting on your front step. if they drive by and see you they should leave you alone.... or they might just shoot first. :dance: :shooting:
t

iambored
06-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Local PD first
Then if it continues: fight back

trevorjk
06-10-2007, 12:20 PM
will be filing a later today, so it is at least in the books :)

and like everyone said, i regret hooking up with a "crazy" :p i just want to put an end to this with out my tired getting slashed or some one getting hurt

/only have a 22
//shot to the knees?
///im a newb with these lines :(

iambored
06-10-2007, 12:52 PM
/only have a 22
//shot to the knees?
///im a newb with these lines :(
/Yes
//You
///Are
////Maybe?

ScatterPlot
06-10-2007, 03:22 PM
/Yes
//You
///Are
////Maybe?

/////////////////////////K.

/nanners
:dance: :dance: :dance:

Raven001
06-11-2007, 06:57 AM
locking gas cap if you have a vehicle ;)

Lohman446
06-11-2007, 07:12 AM
It may be worth a call to the local PD. If nothing else, you're establishing that you're concerned.

/wuss
//awaiting the "I'd pump a round into my Rem 810/AK drum mag/AR clone bolt slap/hammer drop/Glock safety/DA vs SA crowd
///9mm HK USP

Generally your ex should know you carry. And that should be enough to ward off such ideas.
Otherwise, restraining orders are rather effective, been there :).

Oh, speaking of, get to go to court today to start the third custody battle in 3 years.... you would think eventually she would realize I'm not going to lose. Still expensive...

93civiccpe
06-11-2007, 09:33 AM
I don't think he carries, or at least I hope he doesn't since he said all he has is a .22 if I read correctly. I wouldn't carry anything below a 9mm.. a .22 is just going to make a drunk mad and get you hurt...

Get a security system on the house, alert the authorities, and keep on guard for a while. If you feel the need to protect yourself, either a 12 gauge or 20 gauge shotgun should do the trick. Not much better when it comes to home defense.

Eagle
06-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I don't think he carries, or at least I hope he doesn't since he said all he has is a .22 if I read correctly. I wouldn't carry anything below a 9mm.. a .22 is just going to make a drunk mad and get you hurt...

Get a security system on the house, alert the authorities, and keep on guard for a while. If you feel the need to protect yourself, either a 12 gauge or 20 gauge shotgun should do the trick. Not much better when it comes to home defense.

Actually for close up work a 22 is your best bet. Easy to conceal, easy to silence, and in the right hands, VERY deadly. Damn thing will bounce all around and never exit.

warpig13
06-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Rent the movie "Tremors"
Take good notes.

/If anyone knows security, its Burt.

Eagle
06-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Rent the movie "Tremors"
Take good notes.

Gotta basement? :D

mr.mag218
06-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Actually for close up work a 22 is your best bet. Easy to conceal, easy to silence, and in the right hands, VERY deadly. Damn thing will bounce all around and never exit.
well i say he stays in the automag family and just gets a 44

skife
06-11-2007, 10:08 PM
without even reading your thread, just the title my answer is

Push her down the stairs.

after reading the post, if your going to carry a gun or use one for home protection, shoot to kill.

/dead men tell no tales
//shoot to kill.

trevorjk
06-12-2007, 01:07 AM
without even reading your thread, just the title my answer is

Push her down the stairs.

after reading the post, if your going to carry a gun or use one for home protection, shoot to kill.

/dead men tell no tales
//shoot to kill.

beleive me IF i were to EVER use a gun, wisconsin is the place to use it :)

that and ever since i filed a complaint on sunday i havent heard or seen anything. so MAYBE i can just let this blow over now.

warpig13
06-12-2007, 01:34 AM
beleive me IF i were to EVER use a gun, wisconsin is the place to use it :)

Never been to Texas have we?

It's ok, if i was in wisconsin, I'd put a gun to use too.

trevorjk
06-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Never been to Texas have we?

It's ok, if i was in wisconsin, I'd put a gun to use too.

im not sure about texas laws ect ect but in wisconsin if some one breaks into your house with ANY sort of weopon you CAN use force against them. if they clearly have the intent to do bodily harm to you. you can shoot to kill and walk away a free man in wisconsin

uncle is the sheriff heh

93civiccpe
06-12-2007, 10:38 AM

I have to disagree. I have owned many .22lr pistols and shot competition with them. I know that they do bounce around in the body, and I know that it has been a round of choice for professional assasins. The reasons you mentioned fit in with that, but you must remember that an assassin is the one on the offensive, not defensive. If you are trying to protect yourself, a .22lr round is a very poor choice.

Yes, they can come in small concealable packages. Yes you can silence them. But then again, are you going to pay all the money needed for a silencer?? First, you have to pay for the background check / tax stamp which is normally a few hundred dollars at least. Then comes the silencer itself, and normally the good ones cost at least $500. (Already I think it's obvious why this round is a poor choice, but let's continue). Now, the tax stamp is only good for that silencer for the life of it, so when it wears out you get to do the process again. Now for the gun operation. With a semi-auto pistol firing the 22lr round, there is a common problem where it doesn't always produce enough force to bring the slide all the way back and feed the second round. When this happens, your second shot is just a "click" with no boom. I'd hate to be in that situation where I'm relying on that next shot to potentially save my life and all I hear is a click.

To fix that problem, you can usually use better ammunition with +p or +p+ ratings. Anyways, when it comes to silencers, you have to use subsonic ammo for them to be any good. Subsonic rounds are of course moving a lot slower so they typically don't overpenetrate as bad but at the same time they don't always do as much damage either.

I've seen one of the police training videos where a person in self defense tried using a .22lr pistol against a larger guy who was drunk/on drugs. Needless to say, he empties a 10 round magazine into the guy and it doesn't even phase him. I'd rather have something that is going to knock someone back and that definitely get the job done every time.

Lohman446
06-12-2007, 10:47 AM
im not sure about texas laws ect ect but in wisconsin if some one breaks into your house with ANY sort of weopon you CAN use force against them. if they clearly have the intent to do bodily harm to you. you can shoot to kill and walk away a free man in wisconsin

uncle is the sheriff heh

Thats pretty standard basically anywhere but Mass. - which actually for some time required you to attempt to flee your home if possible.

I know at one point Texas was very liberal about the use of deadly force, basically at that time you could use it to stop any felony. I woudl assume it has changed since then.

That being said, being criminally justified and in the clear in cival court are two VERY seperate matters

skife
06-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Thats pretty standard basically anywhere but Mass. - which actually for some time required you to attempt to flee your home if possible.

I know at one point Texas was very liberal about the use of deadly force, basically at that time you could use it to stop any felony. I woudl assume it has changed since then.

That being said, being criminally justified and in the clear in cival court are two VERY seperate matters

i thought in texas tresspassing will get you shot.

Phaelynar
06-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Well...I've never had the experience of one coming back to knock on my door, but I definitely did date a girl who was not right in the head.

She broke up with me, and then went nuts. She was calling me 20 times a day, her mom was calling me, she stopped eating/sleeping, and she started spamming my mailboxes on myspace/facebook/gmail accounts.

Because of her I had to change my myspace like 3 times because she kept finding me, delete my e-mail account, and block her on facebook and just ignore phone calls until she finally stopped.

I agree, don't stick it in a crazy.

Mikey B
06-12-2007, 04:53 PM

uncle is the sheriff heh

Yet I got a warning because I made a U turn, last time I go to Superior ;)

SummaryJudgement
06-12-2007, 06:12 PM
http://www.morganhilltimes.com/content/img/f163595/Pitbull-2-CR.jpg

iambored
06-12-2007, 07:24 PM
That dog has some nice teeth, maybe I can use it to promote dental health.

warpig13
06-12-2007, 09:41 PM
i thought in texas tresspassing will get you shot.

Anything can potentially get you shot.

Atleast we utilize the Good Ol' Death Penalty for the kiddos that shoot without reason.

warbeak2099
06-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Rent the movie "Tremors"
Take good notes.

You made my night. Burt = made of premium win

REDRT
06-15-2007, 08:44 PM
like my buddie allways said " never stick it in a crazy, or tell them where you live" :D hopefully nothing happens of it.. They all are crazy. Some more than others.

rifleman wi
06-16-2007, 06:33 AM
They all are crazy. Some more than others.
hooah that :D

mag_lover05
06-17-2007, 08:12 PM

uncle is the sheriff heh

here if someone even breaks into your house.. you can shoot them. or if they try to get to you in your vehicle or if they try to steal it.

bassically if they screw with you you can shoot em'.

EDIT* yea they changed it. it used to be if they came into your house...you had to leave and call 911. but now you can blast the bejesus out of them.

conbon
06-28-2007, 05:04 PM
My parents had an idea when they owned a construction company. They put old video cameras around the property. The weren't filming or hooked up or anything, they just made the hoosier canstruction workers think twice about stealing our equiptment because they were to stupid to realize the cameras didn't work. You should try it, it might work. And if you can't afford a real shotgun, buy a semi-realistic looking airsoft one then take they orange saftey thing off. Sit on your porch, stoop, etc. and polish it.

Lohman446
06-29-2007, 09:07 AM
My parents had an idea when they owned a construction company. They put old video cameras around the property. The weren't filming or hooked up or anything, they just made the hoosier canstruction workers think twice about stealing our equiptment because they were to stupid to realize the cameras didn't work. You should try it, it might work. And if you can't afford a real shotgun, buy a semi-realistic looking airsoft one then take they orange saftey thing off. Sit on your porch, stoop, etc. and polish it.

Yeh, because escalating level of force when you can't back it up is such a good idea :rolleyes:

iambored
06-29-2007, 10:34 AM
O.K. first cameras have never stopped people from stealing from Food Lion or 7-11 (but they do work occaisonally)
and second it is federal law to have that orange thing on the barrel of a realistic airsoft/paintball gun

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
07-01-2007, 09:39 AM
well at least you;ll have your automag for less than letal force! keep safe bro

Pickle
07-02-2007, 02:25 PM
and second it is federal law to have that orange thing on the barrel of a realistic airsoft/paintball gun

I think you mean, "it is against federal law to not have that orange thing on the barrel of a realistic airsoft/paintball gun"

If this is the case I have not heard of any federal law dealing with paintball guns requiring the orange tip. Which one is that?

MagMan5446
07-03-2007, 04:00 AM
there is some putoness goin on in this thread

mobsterboy
12-24-2007, 05:14 PM
I think you mean, "it is against federal law to not have that orange thing on the barrel of a realistic airsoft/paintball gun"

If this is the case I have not heard of any federal law dealing with paintball guns requiring the orange tip. Which one is that?

probably the one about barrel plugs/condoms....
:ninja:

CaptaiN_JacK
12-26-2007, 12:14 AM
I've seen one of the police training videos where a person in self defense tried using a .22lr pistol against a larger guy who was drunk/on drugs. Needless to say, he empties a 10 round magazine into the guy and it doesn't even phase him.

I've always wondered--Will a .22 pierce a human skull?

Foxworthy
12-26-2007, 08:48 AM
You could always go with a hopper full of pepperballs and the RT Effect... that'd mess someone up for the short term. Breaks would suck though.

Really though their isn't much more to do then notify the police and hope they stop. Which you did so you should be cool with it. If they start coming back though it might be worth looking into a home defense weapon.