PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Open

Ninjeff
06-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Anyone know where i can find some spectator info for this? Ive been wanting to check out a "pro" tourney for awhile, and think it may be fun to just hang out, check out teh vendors, and watch some paintball. I looked at the PSP site but didnt find any thing concerning cost for spectators. Parking, entry cost, times, team game scedual...etc etc. Its almost like they dont WANT anyone to come to these things.... :rolleyes: go figure.

ProblemKinder
06-10-2007, 10:36 PM
if enough AOers go i might make the drive. we could have like an AO meet where we watch others play instead of playing. i'm in cedar rapids and none of my friends are in to paintball so i'd have to be meeting a group to make it worth it.

all this is assuming i could pay for gas... :rolleyes:

but to answer your question...no i have no idea where to find info, sorry! :confused:

Ninjeff
06-10-2007, 10:58 PM
LOL! Well, i hope to see you there. Me and GroovyChicken will be there, along with some of our other friends who dont use mags...(we try not to hold it against them)

BUt i think it would be fun. Go and watch some real compitition play.

ProblemKinder
06-10-2007, 11:47 PM
yah i watched NPPL once, in san diego when I still lived out there. it was pretty fun. I found a reloader 2!! those hoppers are so old and I love them and i found one for cheap at NPPL.

Ninjeff
06-10-2007, 11:56 PM
yea im gonna try to bring some spare cash in case i find a sweet deal on something.

Draken
06-11-2007, 01:19 AM
To go, its the cost of gas, parking should be in the $5 area at the most, at least thats what it was for free.

Ninjeff
06-11-2007, 02:36 AM
gas shouldnt be too big a deal split 3 ways or so. I figure maybe 5 for parking....maybe 10 for entrance? Sounds fair to me.....

CKY_Alliance
06-11-2007, 02:36 AM
MAO was like 5 for parking then 5 to get in to the vendors and grand stands.

Crazy
06-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Grandstand(NXL) seating is going to be $15/day or $50 for the whole weekend, but the rest of the venue(Trade show and divisional xball) is free. Parking was around $5 last year, and should be around the same again.

Draken
06-11-2007, 10:28 AM
last year the PSP Open in Chicago was free to get into the vendors area and to watch the events.

CKY_Alliance
06-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Go to www.PSPevents.com and it will probably tell you, but I was just at MAO this year and they charged like 5 or so for parking and to get into the vendors and grandstand area another 5.

It has changed since last year, I also went to last years MAO and they did not charge for parking and the vendors where free, they only charged 5 dollars to get into the stands on the main field where majority of the finals took place..'

So things have changed slightly this year, I believe if you are playing the event you get into the vendors/stands free, because a large majority of coaches last year were complaining because they had to pay to coach on the snake side..

ProblemKinder
06-11-2007, 03:26 PM
parking for NPPL in the....what was it called.....what's the stadium the chargers play in called? qualcomm! that's it. anyways, parking there was like 15 bucks. but it was free otherwise.

it was also hot as balls, i think they made all their money in water/gatorade sales. :p

Ninjeff
06-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Go to www.PSPevents.com and it will probably tell you, but I was just at MAO this year and they charged like 5 or so for parking and to get into the vendors and grandstand area another 5.

It has changed since last year, I also went to last years MAO and they did not charge for parking and the vendors where free, they only charged 5 dollars to get into the stands on the main field where majority of the finals took place..'

So things have changed slightly this year, I believe if you are playing the event you get into the vendors/stands free, because a large majority of coaches last year were complaining because they had to pay to coach on the snake side..

I was there, couldnt find jack about prices, parking, or start times.....Oh well. Ill ask my locasl field owner, he might know.

Id anyone else going? If so let me know. We'll meet up and talk about how much better our mags are than....well...whatever :ninja:

Aggravated Assault
06-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Just get there early in the morning...It didn't coust us jack last year, but like 5 to park. Beer was cold...that was a plus.

Lohmans team was down there last year. might have to see if they are giving it a go this year too...

Me and a buddy will prolly hit Saturday to drink a little, mingle, and laugh at the state of affairs of modern tournament paintball.

Lohman446
06-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Just get there early in the morning...It didn't coust us jack last year, but like 5 to park. Beer was cold...that was a plus.

Lohmans team was down there last year. might have to see if they are giving it a go this year too...

Me and a buddy will prolly hit Saturday to drink a little, mingle, and laugh at the state of affairs of modern tournament paintball.

I refused to handle the steps this year, and we ended up not going :P. Next year maybe... depends.

ricwhic414
06-12-2007, 03:36 PM
I will be there on Sunday, that was the only day I could make it. I will see you guys there.

Ninjeff
06-12-2007, 04:59 PM

Cold beer you say? IM there. Hope to see you guys maybe.

ne0nwalrus
06-12-2007, 11:08 PM
i'm going to head up there. don't know what day, but i'll be wering my a0-il hat tho. :headbang:

Ninjeff
06-13-2007, 12:27 AM
i'm going to head up there. don't know what day, but i'll be wering my a0-il hat tho. :headbang:

You have an AO-IL hat?!?

I want one. :(

tribalman
06-13-2007, 06:57 PM
check out your local mall. at least my me the malls have little stands where someone will sew stuff onto a hat. i think it costs 20 for the service, not including the hat.

kenndogg
06-14-2007, 05:47 AM
I believe PSP is charging an admission fee now. its somewhere around 5-10 plus whatever parking is.

Ninjeff
06-14-2007, 07:02 PM
i expected 10 so thats not too bad

Crazy
06-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Again, the only changes will be parking($5? Won't be much, theres a few churches and such to make it competitive) and NXL grandstand seating.