PDA

View Full Version : Automag RT NOT RT Pro Upgrades

Raffizzz
06-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Hey guys I want to start by saying I'm very glad :clap: to join your forum.
I have the Automag RT, Not the RT pro, I checked upgrades for it and I was excited about the x valve upgrade that includes the level 10 bolt, but after reading the info on it I found out that that it's not for mine, it's for the RT Pro. Please help me, or advise me to find the best possible upgrade for my old peice, it's old but I love it.

Thanks
Raffi B.

going_home
06-11-2007, 04:05 AM
Hey guys I want to start by saying I'm very glad :clap: to join your forum.
I have the Automag RT, Not the RT pro, I checked upgrades for it and I was excited about the x valve upgrade that includes the level 10 bolt, but after reading the info on it I found out that that it's not for mine, it's for the RT Pro. Please help me, or advise me to find the best possible upgrade for my old peice, it's old but I love it.

Thanks
Raffi B.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=367&categoryID=9

athomas
06-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Welcome to AO.

Just get a level 10 bolt for your setup. You'll be fine. If you want a ULE body, then you would be better of to sell yours and buy another one (new or used).

FiXeL
06-11-2007, 10:26 AM
^
Like he said. :)

If you want to keep it, a LVL10 bolt would be the best thing to buy. All the other stuff like ULE body, Xvalve, would require you to buy a rail, valve and body to get it to work. Selling your RT and getting another RT pro would be cheaper i think.

Funny thing is, i have a RT here from a friend of mine, and i installed the LVL10 bolt for him. Nice guns tho, but due to the construction (gas tru rail) not all parts are compatible with other mags.

Raffizzz
06-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Thanks guys for the info, I was looking at the trade in upgade for ule option for 325.00, is it worth it to trade in and upgrade, or how much I would get for my RT?? if I sell it

Tao
06-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks guys for the info, I was looking at the trade in upgade for ule option for 325.00, is it worth it to trade in and upgrade, or how much I would get for my RT?? if I sell it

no....

You can get a used pro for half the price of the upgrade cost offered by AGD. Or you can get a ULE custom for $100 or so more (used to be almost the same price), so you would be even better off selling your RT and buying a new RT pro instead of paying the upgrade fee.

MAINLY if you trade it in you will be taking a beauty out of circulation forever. All an X valve does for you is make your gun slightly lighter and include a level 10. Just get a level 10. It is all the Classic RT is missing anyway.

You can get an "ultralight trigger kit" for it too, but would need to get your valve drilled out. This upgrade has mixed reviews anyway.

About the only other thing you could want for it would be a Y grip.