PDA

View Full Version : RPG hybrid frame-yet to be named...Take a look!

RogueFactor
06-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Just wanted to give you all a glimpse of a frame I had delayed due to the renewed interest and subsequent 2 batches of the Chimera Vert frames.

I planned on releasing a pic of the CAD two weeks ago, and e-mailed Logic(Ryan) on 5/25 as a dealer courtesy to let him know Id hold off a few weeks to let him get his pre-order going first.

Without further delay, here is the RPG version of the CCM hybrid frame....

http://www.roguesportz.com/images/gallery/RPGHybridFrame.jpg

For reference, here is what a CCM Cocker hybrid frame looks like:

http://www.roguesportz.com/images/gallery/HybridCockerFrame.jpg

Papa_Smurf
06-11-2007, 09:58 PM
lookin hot!

Dark Side
06-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Even better the second time!

Free one to whoever names it? :D

Empyreal Rogue
06-11-2007, 10:03 PM
*Looks at his Chimera Frame*

*Looks at new RPG frame*

:cry:

Looks beautiful Rogue. If I have some extra money, maybe I'll grab one.

Ninjeff
06-11-2007, 10:04 PM
that looks fantastic

mr doo doo
06-11-2007, 10:05 PM
everything from you Rogue just looks amazing.

MedicDVG
06-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Cool.. I was never a big fan of the Angel looking vert frames... but this has a nice cross of Intellframe and cocker hinge frame... I like it.

You going to sell raw as well as black?? I might be up for a raw one..

Badmovies.org
06-11-2007, 10:14 PM
That looks quite interesting. Two questions.

Does it take normal AGD triggers?

What sort of pistol grips match up? For example, I think that a regular Intelliframe matches the Colt Government Model pistols.

Oh, another question, and a big one. WHEN?

Dark Side
06-11-2007, 10:18 PM
If it's from RPG it will take AGD triggers.

nmib
06-11-2007, 10:43 PM
got a spot for an intell feed rf?

CaliMagFan
06-11-2007, 11:10 PM
well done.

Rudz
06-11-2007, 11:18 PM
ill take 1

ProblemKinder
06-11-2007, 11:22 PM
lol I really hope I'm able to get one of these. i would love to pneumagify that grip.

lather
06-11-2007, 11:27 PM
Looking good Rogue, Built in Dovetail mount will be added? (I hope)

behemoth
06-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Before i even saw the CCM reference i knew...

Have you Chipley's blessing? I'd hope....

OoS15oO
06-12-2007, 02:25 AM
i was looking to pick up a nice frame for my all mech mag. looks like i found the one, i know it wont be coming anytime soon but ive got patience.

olinar
06-12-2007, 02:27 AM
same here, thisll be a great mech frame.

A-Tach-One
06-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Looking great, I love it. As far as looks go, that's my style. :cheers:

RogueFactor
06-12-2007, 01:28 PM
That looks quite interesting. Two questions.

Does it take normal AGD triggers?

What sort of pistol grips match up? For example, I think that a regular Intelliframe matches the Colt Government Model pistols.

Oh, another question, and a big one. WHEN?

1) Triggers - Yes, it takes AGD triggers & RPG triggers.
2) Grips - 45 Panels, 45 wraparounds.
3) When - I expect to have them available by late August/early September

Warwitch
06-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Interesting, going to take some getting used to for me. Room inside for E-mag board?

RogueFactor
06-12-2007, 08:24 PM
You going to sell raw as well as black?? I might be up for a raw one..

I might be able to work something out for you :cool: :D

Dark Side
06-12-2007, 09:19 PM
I might be able to work something out for you :cool: :D

Perhaps a drop in kit of some kind?

javasnot17
06-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Man, those look cool. I can already see someone wanting to rig an X-Mag body on this thing.

warbeak2099
06-12-2007, 11:12 PM

Yea does CCM know?

Pneumagger
06-12-2007, 11:26 PM
I Spy ULE milled out internals. :ninja:

Pneumagger
06-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I Spy ULE milled out internals. :ninja:

pnow it only pneeds one more thing... :cool:

RogueFactor
06-12-2007, 11:53 PM

Yea does CCM know?

Quick & Simple Answer:
I dont know Chipley, and have never communicated with him or the company. I have no idea if he/they know. The design isnt exclusive, so there was no need to do let them know, or get their 'blessing'. That should answer both questions. If not, I will expand...

Detailed answer:
The only design similarity of this frame and the CCM is the shape of the grip. Even that is not identical, only similar in appearance. Note that the grips they accept are different. The specs are also different. And of course, the RPG frame is made for the mag while the CCM frame is for the cocker. Even with those differences, the RPG version is not original, and Ive made that clear.

Ive searched and found no patent on the shape of this style grip. If a design is not patented(or protected), it becomes public domain within a year of being made public. This includes any of my designs, or anybody elses. Public domain allows anyone to use the design, with the hope of improving upon it. Examples of this are scythe/blade style triggers, rail drops(like the CP and all variants), Vert ASA's, 45 style frames, integrated dovetail into the frame, battery pack foregrips, humps on the frame, HES trigger systems, etc etc.

When I create an item, if it takes styling cues from an already popular product, I give credit where it is due. I always have. Id rather do that, than to change an item enough to attempt calling it original, when it isnt.

So rather than just make mention of CCM and give credit, I also made sure to post pics of the CCM frame too. Hard for someone to say I was trying to take credit for the design when I do that.

Thanks for the question though, it has allowed me to 'nip this in the bud' for anyone else who may be wondering the same thing.

atm743
06-13-2007, 12:37 AM
i love it looks good.

i think it would look better if the trigger guard was not inverted towered the trigger. looks small and not much room for finger. i like how the ccm trigger guard looks better but other than that looks good

dsrkd
06-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Rogue,
I like it.
When they are a reality, I'm in for one.
The only dilemma wil be which trigger option!

RogueFactor
06-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Interesting, going to take some getting used to for me. Room inside for E-mag board?
Dont think so. E-mag internals were made specifically for the E-mag frame which is considerably larger than this frame, so I dont see it as possible.

Looking good Rogue, Built in Dovetail mount will be added? (I hope)
Doubtful. I never added one to the Chimera because the designs Ive seen you have to remove the grips to get at the mounting screw. It just isnt an optimal design, IMO.

If I come across a design I like, it will be added.

Loguzzzzzz
06-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Doubtful. I never added one to the Chimera because the designs Ive seen you have to remove the grips to get at the mounting screw. It just isnt an optimal design, IMO.

If I come across a design I like, it will be added.Take a look at the '06 Ego dovetail, the screws are on the outside and function similar to the CCM rail design that uses set screws to spread the dovetail out to clamp the asa. It looks clean and is easy to get to.

:D

SpecialBlend2786
06-14-2007, 12:00 AM
I have one of those CCM Frames on my Series5 cocker, still one of the most comfortable markers I've owned. Looks good!

kruger
06-14-2007, 02:48 PM
This one I like very much.

Is there gonna be a pre order and do you have a rough est. of the cost?

d4m4don3
06-14-2007, 03:10 PM
What'll it be called? Will it follow the mythological beast frameset? Gargoyle, Sphynx, Minotaur, Medusa, Hydra?

RogueFactor
06-14-2007, 05:59 PM
i love it looks good.

i think it would look better if the trigger guard was not inverted towered the trigger. looks small and not much room for finger. i like how the ccm trigger guard looks better but other than that looks good

Thanks. The trigger guard on this frame is of similar size to the CCM, is the same size as the AGD intelliframe and identical in shape to the Chimera frame.

Id prefer to make the trigger guard bigger. If I did though, it wouldnt fit on an Automag/MiniMag rail with the ASA/Foregrip. I want the RPG Hybrid to fit equally well on all rails, so it will stay the same size as shown.

zazzoo
06-14-2007, 06:57 PM
What'll it be called? Will it follow the mythological beast frameset? Gargoyle, Sphynx, Minotaur, Medusa, Hydra?
Medusa is already claimed my a frame if im not mistaken

Pneumagger
06-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks. The trigger guard on this frame is of similar size to the CCM, is the same size as the AGD intelliframe and identical in shape to the Chimera frame.

Id prefer to make the trigger guard bigger. If I did though, it wouldnt fit on an Automag/MiniMag rail with the ASA/Foregrip. I want the RPG Hybrid to fit equally well on all rails, so it will stay the same size as shown.

You could move the actual grip part of the frame more to the rear making the trigger guard larger. This would require adjustment of the sear rod length by screwing it in. However as long as you inform the buyer of the correct length and/or sell proper length sear arms - you should be fine.

RogueFactor
06-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Take a look at the '06 Ego dovetail, the screws are on the outside and function similar to the CCM rail design that uses set screws to spread the dovetail out to clamp the asa. It looks clean and is easy to get to.

:D

The point of integrating the rail is to avoid the extra height, a side benefit is to avoid the extra cost of buying a bolt-on.

If its like a CP rail drop, and spreads the dovetail, it requires that extra height. If it has set screws that push on a ball, it will deform the set screw threads making it impossible to remove the set screws without stripping the threads...another issue.

Ive considered ALL designs currently available. There arent any that Ive found overwhelmingly superior to integrate a rail into a $120+ trigger frame.

RogueFactor
06-15-2007, 11:16 AM
This one I like very much.

Is there gonna be a pre order and do you have a rough est. of the cost?

This will be a normal stock item, there will not be a need to pre-order one. I only do pre-orders for 1) Items I want to discontinue and cant do a full run or 2) Non-RPG items that I am required to make a minimum order

Cost: This will depend on the options you choose. Price should be similar to when the Chimera first debuted. I intend to offer them complete and ready to go(with safety, polished/anod, with grips).

Who knows at this point. I hope to follow that line of naming, we will see.

Pneumagger
06-15-2007, 11:26 AM
You should name the frame the RPG Shaolin Frame.

Perfect mixture of balance, power, and grace. ;)

ProblemKinder
06-15-2007, 01:26 PM
is there more or less room in the trigger guard than the Y-grip? cuz the Y-Girp is angled in towards the trigger as well and i would like more room than my Y-grip.

Pneumagger
06-15-2007, 02:06 PM
is there more or less room in the trigger guard than the Y-grip? cuz the Y-Girp is angled in towards the trigger as well and i would like more room than my Y-grip.

I'm not sure about this new frame, but since the entire AGD frame specs are critically located around the trigger pin and mounting screw placement - it would have to have to be practically the same size for all "AGD Spec" frames given the trigger guard follows the same contour.

This would be the Intelli (old and new version), RPG UL, zframe, y frame, Chimera, this new frame, and the Airwalk. However the first version intelliframe, z frame, and the airwalk have different guard contours and will have more or less room in them.

TLDR; this frame will be the same as all "AGD" frames if it uses the AGD guard contour and trigger.

ProblemKinder
06-15-2007, 02:20 PM
well i don't see why it wouldn't be possible to add just a bit more trigger guard room. there is almost an entire inch between my trigger guard and my forgrip and i have my forgrip mounted directly to the rail, not the stupid bracket thing that comes with it. the trigger guard could be extended a quarter of an inch, or even a half an inch without changing anything. just my opinion.

RogueFactor
06-15-2007, 03:02 PM
well i don't see why it wouldn't be possible to add just a bit more trigger guard room. there is almost an entire inch between my trigger guard and my forgrip and i have my forgrip mounted directly to the rail, not the stupid bracket thing that comes with it. the trigger guard could be extended a quarter of an inch, or even a half an inch without changing anything. just my opinion.

Because not everyone uses an RT style rail.

zeroack
06-16-2007, 11:09 PM
I own a ccm SV with the 86degree frame. I love it. Awesome idea for a mag. I must get use to polished black with my add on's. At this rate my mag will have four grip frames, a couple bodys and a ton of forgrips.

Zero

cyrus-the-virus
06-16-2007, 11:13 PM
lol I got an e-mail from rouge, guess he noticed I've been sighning up for just about every pre-order....

ProblemKinder
06-17-2007, 12:45 AM
Because not everyone uses an RT style rail.

good point =]

RogueFactor
06-19-2007, 07:28 PM
You should name the frame the RPG Shaolin Frame.

Good suggestion. Noted.

Dark Side
06-19-2007, 10:08 PM
You don't need a name to have it hit a production line my friend. :D

ProblemKinder
06-19-2007, 11:18 PM
You don't need a name to have it hit a production line my friend. :D

lol.

silly question. I'm not too familiar with your past dealings, is this going to be like the slug bodies where there will only be a certain amount, or is it going to be a regularly produced product? basically, should i start saving up money for a pre-order, or will they still be around by the time i have enough money?

LinearGoose
06-20-2007, 12:01 AM
lol.

silly question. I'm not too familiar with your past dealings, is this going to be like the slug bodies where there will only be a certain amount, or is it going to be a regularly produced product? basically, should i start saving up money for a pre-order, or will they still be around by the time i have enough money?

This will be a normal stock item, there will not be a need to pre-order one. I only do pre-orders for 1) Items I want to discontinue and cant do a full run or 2) Non-RPG items that I am required to make a minimum order

Cost: This will depend on the options you choose. Price should be similar to when the Chimera first debuted. I intend to offer them complete and ready to go(with safety, polished/anod, with grips).

Who knows at this point. I hope to follow that line of naming, we will see.
Answer^^^

Pneumagger
06-26-2007, 12:49 AM
Anybody know what the price range on these will be? Same as the chimera?

zazzoo
06-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Anybody know what the price range on these will be? Same as the chimera?

Take a look at the '06 Ego dovetail, the screws are on the outside and function similar to the CCM rail design that uses set screws to spread the dovetail out to clamp the asa. It looks clean and is easy to get to.

The point of integrating the rail is to avoid the extra height, a side benefit is to avoid the extra cost of buying a bolt-on.

If its like a CP rail drop, and spreads the dovetail, it requires that extra height. If it has set screws that push on a ball, it will deform the set screw threads making it impossible to remove the set screws without stripping the threads...another issue.

Ive considered ALL designs currently available. There arent any that Ive found overwhelmingly superior to integrate a rail into a $120+ trigger frame.

he wrote that a few posts up so 120+

Nick E
06-26-2007, 09:04 AM

Zen frame?

ProblemKinder
06-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Answer^^^

thanks goose!

I've read this whole thread too I must have been tired :tard:

Ninjeff
06-26-2007, 06:03 PM
looks great.

Too bad no one does new frames for E-Mags. :(

Temo Vryce
06-26-2007, 06:33 PM
I would suggest calling it the RPG Perseus Frame. It was Persues that slew the Medusa. He did so, so that the king would leave his mother alone. I believe that there was once was a Cocker frame called the Medusa, or atleast there was going to be. So naming it Persues would be like saying the Automag can kill the Autococker.

Think about it.

The Obvious
06-26-2007, 06:39 PM
I would suggest calling it the RPG Perseus Frame. It was Persues that slew the Medusa. He did so, so that the king would leave his mother alone. I believe that there was once was a Cocker frame called the Medusa, or atleast there was going to be. So naming it Persues would be like saying the Automag can kill the Autococker.

Think about it.

The Medusa fit the Automag too, guy.
It fit both guns.

Temo Vryce
06-26-2007, 06:59 PM
I believe that there was once was a Cocker frame called the Medusa

The Medusa fit the Automag too, guy.
It fit both guns.

I wasn't sure about the frame, which is why i said "I believe". Thank you for enlightening me though; guy.

The Obvious
06-26-2007, 07:07 PM
I wasn't sure about the frame, which is why i said "I believe". Thank you for enlightening me though; guy.

Thats what I'm here for.

Empyreal Rogue
06-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Is this our 'new' Roger Wilco?

The Obvious
06-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Is this our 'new' Roger Wilco?

The Space Janitor?

AirAssault
06-27-2007, 02:07 AM
Thats what I'm here for.

Hmmm, Ive seen a few of your 28 posts and your a bit of a jerk in a few of them. Now, if you're new maybe check the attitude at the door. If you're not, and just made an extra sign on to be doltish, then go away until you get a life.

LinearGoose
06-27-2007, 02:23 AM
looks great.

Too bad no one does new frames for E-Mags. :(
No problem man happens to the best of us.