PDA

View Full Version : Do not deal with Curt Hartung of Kennesaw Mountain

BigEvil
06-12-2007, 07:52 PM
To my fellow paintball consumers, Tinkerers and Enthusiasts,

Do not deal with Curt Hartung of Kennesaw Mountain Markers (KM2) :cuss:

I hate to be a dick about this, but all other avenues have been taken, all other options exhausted and I am left with little choice.

Here is my situation;
On March 13th, 2006, after several email consultations with Mr. Hartung, I sent payment to him for $127.00 for the purchase of a new KM2 Mini-Morlock board.
(Paypal Transaction ID # 4YL45396N48531234).

After a few weeks when my Morlock did not arrive, I proceeded to make inquiries. Mr. Hartung offered his apologies for the delay, and as compensation for it I was promised a free Halo Cheetah board. I was satisfied with his response. Who wouldn’t be happy at
the thought of a free Cheetah board?

More time passed and still no Morlock OR Cheetah. What was not made aware to me, was the fact that Mr.Hartung was out of stock on this item at the time of my purchase. So basically, I was screwed. Rumors of the permanent demise of the Mini-Morlock were confirmed by Mr. Hartung via email. I was then informed that I would be receiving one of the newversions of the product, called the Micro-Morlock.
Ok, fine I would wait.

Still more time passed.

And more..

And more.

I would make email inquiries about every two months, some answered, some not. Usually the reply would be something along the lines of “Production issues”.

This pattern continued, until TAG Sporz announced the re-introduction of the Predator Morlock boards. For those of you that do not know, Curt is the head designer for all (or most) of TAGs products. So in other words, the items which I have been waiting on for a year were now being reproduced. An email to Curt ensued shortly. I asked if I would be receiving one of the new boards to fill my order, to which the reply was ‘yes’.

Now more time passed, still no Morlock. Word spread on the interned about people receiving their recently placed orders from TAG. Which meant that they were in stock and ready to go. Yet another email to Curt, this time with no response. Finally he gets back to me, asking if I needed ‘just the board or the wiring harness also”. I informed him that I paid for a complete kit, and I expected to receive what I ordered.

Another week or two passes. Nothing from Curt in my mailbox, so yet ANOTHER email Curt then inquires about my shipping address, so I figure I should be receiving my board any day now. I was wrong.

At the time, I was in dire need of a replacement board for one of my markers, so I broke down and ordered one directly from TAG Sportz. It arrived in 4 days.

Now, I was furious about the whole Curt mess. At this point, I sent him an ultimatum; either send me my Morlock kit which I have been waiting on now for 15 months or refund my money. Failure to do either would result in a Paypal grievance, a complaint with the
Better Business Bureau, and this post for the world to see. His next response was that he would send me the board, and drop ship the additional components from
Digikey, since he still did not have them.

As of today, I am still waiting and my patience has run out. I feel that I have been patient,
understanding, and more than accommodating in the situation. Waiting 15 months for something that may or may not ever exist again is absurd. Then to be made to wait even longer once these products were made again is nothing more than a slap in the face and a big F-YOU.

I hate to bring this cesspool of an ordeal into the public arena, but I feel that this is my best
recourse. My chances of receiving a refund via a paypal dispute for an item that was ordered 15 months ago is slim. The BBB is a joke. I consider letting the world know about this problem a great big FYI and public service announcement. I also plan on re-posting this on every paintball forum that I am a member of so the world can see the type of business this man runs, and hopefully prevent anyone else from having to deal with a situation like mine.

Screen shots of the above mentioned email coorespondence can be found
HERE (http://www.putfile.com/scottf72/images/117017)

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

-Scott“BigEvil”Fertitta

Mind'sEye
06-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Well, you'll probably hear a buncha crap from the apologists for this kind of business practice, but I hear ya, and back you all the way after that "other" experience with Curt. I see nothing wrong with drawing a line between those who consistently deliver and those who do not.

Russ
06-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Yet another bag-O-douche in the world of paintball goodies. :mad:

Best of luck getting your money back, Scott

going_home
06-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Have you thought about contacting the owner of Tag with all the emails in hand ?

http://www.predatorelectronics.com/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=3&Itemid=3

Also you know AO South November 3rd will only be about an hour from Tag.
AO South will be in Rome Georgia and Tag is in Dalton Georgia.
If you arent going to make it maybe someone can visit Tag for you ?

http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php#mvt=m&q2=rome+georgia&q1=dalton+georgia&trf=0&lon=-84.992981&lat=34.418239&mag=10

Ninjeff
06-12-2007, 08:40 PM
seems to be a justified response to me.

I know im frequently tempted to order some things online that are from "smaller" buisnesses, but stories like this worry me.

Unlike some other people i can only afford to have one marker at a time while still affording to play. That may change down the road, but for now if im out of a part for a marker than im out of a gun period.

Good luck. And good for you keeping those emails. :cheers:

Paintchucker
06-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Have you tried the TAG Forums as suggested on KM2's website ???

rifleman wi
06-12-2007, 10:31 PM
wow, im glad i got out of the whole curt/ tag problem. good luck scott. :shooting:

surfbum
06-12-2007, 10:40 PM
well that settles it... rudz was righ tall along :D

i hope your post helps get this mess resolved, if it were up to me, you should get your money refunded AND that new cheetah board

warbeak2099
06-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Time for Rudz to assault KM2 headquarters with a sawed-off shotgun and a bandoleer filled with buckshot.

/i didnt do nothin
//they drew first blood

Ydna
06-12-2007, 11:40 PM
The km2 website is pretty outdated, last time it was updated was the location change, and that was at latest two years ago.

BigEvil
06-13-2007, 04:09 AM
Well, if you notice on the KM2 site, the link to the TAG forums is dead. TAG changed their site more than a few times in the last year.

Also, it's really not their problem. Curt's business is seperate from them, so its really not their responsibility. Trust me, I dont see eye to eye with them, but they do have great customer service.

I have done my best to play nice about this for a long time. At least TAG gave us our money back for the emag board pre-orders when we wanted it.

A-Tach-One
06-13-2007, 09:03 AM
At least TAG gave us our money back for the emag board pre-orders when we wanted it.
Well for the most part. ;)

Sorry to hear you haven't resolved that issue Scott. Goodluck :cheers:

craltal
06-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Well for the most part. ;)

Sorry to hear you haven't resolved that issue Scott. Goodluck :cheers:

I know the BBB is just about worthless and paypal won't be able to help, but have you contacted his local authorities? I'd have thought you'd have enough evidence between the paypal receipt and all of the emails...

gruntbull
06-13-2007, 09:51 AM
you waited 15 months with nothing? What took you so long, If I go over a week with most customers I get ran through the ringer on kiddy pbn.

It sounds like you gave him too much time to make it right, I appreciate the post as I was looking to make something for a project I have thought about for some time and this board was on the list of things to purchase. You say that the TAG order did come though correct?

Cow123
06-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Have you contacted the police?

BigEvil
06-13-2007, 05:16 PM
you waited 15 months with nothing? What took you so long, If I go over a week with most customers I get ran through the ringer on kiddy pbn.

It sounds like you gave him too much time to make it right, I appreciate the post as I was looking to make something for a project I have thought about for some time and this board was on the list of things to purchase. You say that the TAG order did come though correct?

Yes, when TAG has something in stock there is never a problem. I have had my differences with them on things, but they do a good job shipping orders and even with repairs.

Rudz
06-13-2007, 05:57 PM
we;; im sorry, im sure my actions didnt make any of this better, i did what i did because i saw it as right, now it seems there is a pattern of behavior that cant be ingnored by the general public. i hope you get your money or board scott.

50 cal
06-16-2007, 07:55 AM
This is why I no longer buy p-ball goods via Internet. If I can't go into the local shop and walk out with it, foirget it. The p-ball world is so ate up with rip off artists.

mag_lover05
06-16-2007, 09:45 PM
this is why you buy a gun and spend your money on paint and air instead of upgrades.

punkncat
06-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Its really a shame that so many of our "N Ga" area shops have turned out to be such douchebags. Devil's Den, TAG, and now this guy.....
/sigh

Rudz
06-17-2007, 08:41 AM
but none of them have anything to do with eachother.... :spit_take :rofl:

punkncat
06-17-2007, 09:48 AM
but none of them have anything to do with eachother.... :spit_take :rofl:

Yeah, I am waiting for all hell to break loose as TAG and his fanbois rush over to "distance" themselves from this latest...lol

txaggie08
06-17-2007, 11:29 PM
this is why you buy a gun and spend your money on paint and air instead of upgrades.

or you know, since he's NOT upgrading, but custom built his gun, he could buy the board he NEEDS instead of anything else. Ir maybe I dunno.....he could spend his money how HE wants to without being screwed over by a business.