PDA

View Full Version : Cutting down feed neck

finnmanpa
06-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Hello everyone,

I'd like to cut down my feed-neck on my standard right feed Mag body. I do have a few thoughts I'd like to run by you all first to see what you think;

I use a 12V VL X-board revy, and the paintballs seem to sit in place in the feedneck nicely where the paintball is directly in line with the hopper eyes at the paintballs roundest part.

If I cut the neck down, it would cause the paintballs to sit differently in the feednack. If a paintball then lined up near the hoppers eyes, but only near the top or bottom of the paintball, could that potentially cause light to pass back and forth and make the hopper spin uncontrollably?

Can I cut the feedneck too short? Is covering up the vent hole ok? Is there a recommended number of paintballs I should keep in the feedneck to prevent the popcorn effect?

Or am I really overthinking this?

Thanks for your feedback!

tech-chan
06-14-2007, 03:29 PM
It all depends on your preferences on how you want your marker to work. I would like some more info on this subject as well, because Im going to really mess with one of my old automag bodies and turn it intoo a great centerfeed.