PDA

View Full Version : Someone help me decide

mostpeople
06-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Alright, ive never been indecisive in my life - until now.

I recently liquidated most of my automag collection, and plan to whittle it down more. The reason? I want to switch to a new electro with high performance because im an X-ball kind of guy and well mags usually just dont cut it.

My problem? I love mags, they are awesome, closed bolt accurate guns. They look sexy too if you have the right aftermarket parts on them, they are more customizable imo than any other marker save for the A5 perhaps. Regardless they are an all around good gun. They have 1 problem though, they need a lot of air, its not a low pressure system afterall.

I dont know what to do, but here are my choices

1. Build this mag:

Dallara mainbody/Rail
15* ASA
Gas through forgrip
Airwalk trigger frame
x-valve ULT
RPG sub zero
Evil pipe kit

And I would do a custom Electro Pneumatic modification, suffice it to say very fast.

$400

2. Purchase 06 Infamous timmy, $500

3. 07 Ego FTW, $1,250

I can do all three, but I can only do 1. help me rationalize this lol..

flyingpootang
06-14-2007, 10:04 PM
I'd stick with the mag. If you haven't noticed prices are going up or at least staying the same even with common mag parts. Look at last years Timmys and Ego's. The prices dropped rapidly after a year. Xmags, Emags, DW, Devil, & SFL have skyrocked just over the last 6 months. As far as parts look at what RPG, Logic, Tuna, etc parts go for that are no longer made.....

Spider-TW
06-15-2007, 03:11 AM
One thing to consider is the maintenance required as compared to your playing schedule. For playing 26 hour games my mags put out 2-3 cases of paint reliably with just oil once a day. But you can keep any marker going if you know it well and put the parts into it. It's just that some of them require more cleaning and oil. Not that I think timmys or egos are high maintenance, but low pressure markers like to be clean.

I like timmys, but that $500 gets you the stock machine. I see a whole lot of upgrades out there on fundamental parts like rams, regs, and bolts. I think for all three of your options, you are looking around the same price in the end. You are also looking at three different levels of work on your part; mag - all parts, timmy - upgrades, ego - barrel(?).

Count your air tank size for your games against the weight of the marker. If you can go with a smaller tank because of the efficiency, that saves a lot of weight. A lot more than a gram off the body, a milligram of the reg pin... :rolleyes:

For playing short games with an electro, I would probably start with the frame I wanted and then consider what kind of mechanical design I wanted on top. Except for eyes. Eyes or level 10? hmmm...

If you can handle or play with someone's ego ;) , you should be able to see exactly how it would be. You probably know how the mag would work. The timmy has a lot of options that you may have to buy and try before you get it right, but you are stuck with the frame.

Frame, Efficiency, Maintenance, Eyes - not necessarily in that order.

Can you tell I have been thinking about this too? :p

~W.!.C.K.E.D~
06-15-2007, 09:30 AM
I own an 07 Ego, but I'd much rather shoot the mag, why? I'm probably just weird. The 07 shoots like a dream, but electros just don't do it for me.

Warwitch
06-15-2007, 11:15 AM
I think the obvious AO answer is the way to go. And when youre done you will have a pimp-a-licious custom and not just another electo. :cheers:

mostpeople
06-16-2007, 11:27 AM
I own an 07 Ego, but I'd much rather shoot the mag, why? I'm probably just weird. The 07 shoots like a dream, but electros just don't do it for me.

lol sell me your 07 ego then :)

Dark Side
06-16-2007, 12:11 PM
I'd stick to the Mag. But I'm biased. :headbang:

pierce
06-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Only you know what you really want but if it helps I'm wierd like W!cked. I own a Angel G7 and when it comes time to play i take my Mag 90% of the time.