PDA

View Full Version : My Girl is gone...

Tunaman
06-15-2007, 04:47 AM
After 19 1/2 years, the love of my life has passed away. Miss Kitty was the sweetest cat ever known, and I am missing her in ways I can't explain. She battled 2 1/2 years with failing kidneys and finally her heart couldnt take it any more. Please say a prayer for my little girl. I am a mess so please bear with me... :( My Girl (http://tunamart.com/images/tuna/fuzzykitty.JPG)
My Girl 2 (http://tunamart.com/images/tuna/kittyclosedeyes.jpg)

t0nnn
06-15-2007, 05:54 AM
sorry to hear that tunaman, sucks loosing a pet after that long.

chairman_mao
06-15-2007, 06:48 AM
My condolences Tuna. Take solace in the fact that she will suffer no more and that she will always live on in the memories of your time together.

Warwitch
06-15-2007, 07:02 AM
Damn dude. Really sorry to hear that. :( My wife and I have four cats and I couldnt imagine losing one. They really are like family. Sucks that us animal lovers have to outlive our pets. Another one of Gods cruel jokes :cuss:

On an upnote though, Im fairly sure you will find a new friend in time because everybody knows cats love Tuna :)

•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•.¸ ><((((º>
. •´¯`•.¸ ><((((º>

going_home
06-15-2007, 07:28 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Bob.
Consider this a big bear hug.

Altimas
06-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Sorry for your Loss Tuna, I know how it feels to lose a long time friend like that.

Rudz
06-15-2007, 08:43 AM
i know she has had a hard time lately, she was in pain, im sorry for your loss, i dont know what id do if im lost one of my dogs :(

AirAssault
06-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear it. I had to put down one of my dogs a few years ago and I cried like a little girl. Run on out and get yourself a nice "new" cat, by that I mean go and adopt an older cat. Not a replacement for your baby, but a new addition to the house. I bought a retired pixie bob breeder, and couldn't be happier. http://www.pkpixies-pixiebobs.com/ For those not up on the pixie bob, check em out, they are very cool cats.

Warwitch
06-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Agreed. While you can never "replace" an old friend, a new one can help ease the pain.

Mind'sEye
06-15-2007, 01:28 PM
I recently lost my 17 1/2 year old cat. She suffered from renal failure also. You were probably doing the daily Ringer's lactate injections and trying creative ways to get her to eat that tastless prescription cat food. It's not easy losing an old friend like that. Your Miss Kitty is at peace now and my guess is that she was VERY successful at being a cat.

gimp
06-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Bummer man. Sorry to hear the bad news. I've also got an old cat and I know it's coming soon, not looking forward to it.

maglover728
06-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

fire1811
06-15-2007, 07:47 PM
Sorry to hear that Tuna. Its funny how attached we get to something that is just an "animal" I have felt you pain.

Get another one it helps.

REDRT
06-15-2007, 08:27 PM
2.5 years with failing kidneys? Something like that I'd have to put my dogs down. I dred the day though. I've never had to, but the day will someday come and I will. Sorry to here about your loss.

MoeMag
06-16-2007, 06:08 PM
:( sorry

mag_lover05
06-16-2007, 09:51 PM
i lost my cat a year ago...we only had her for like 4 years...dono what it would be like after almost 20?!?

sorry bro :cry:

BigEvil
06-19-2007, 08:42 PM
awwwwe man. Sorry to hear this news. It hits a nerve, having lost my Dalmation Dixie in 06 after 12 years :-(

RRfireblade
06-20-2007, 10:07 AM
You have my condolences. We just went through the same thing earlier this year , so I can understand how you feel. :( "Tom" was ~16 when we lost him but it was for the best. He also had Kidney trouble , Thyroid and was Diabetic requiring daily shots. He's moved on to a better place as I am sure has Miss Kitty.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcpostcards.nsf/(Graphics)/condolences.jpg/$FILE/condolences.jpg

KC
06-20-2007, 10:13 AM
I dont know you (well) or you cat but I have felt that pain before. Im sorry for your loss, you will be in my thoughts today.

rmg
06-21-2007, 01:42 PM
I feel for your loss. I know what you are going through, lost my Persian about a year and a half ago.

Bolter
06-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Lost mine a year ago, and I cried for days. Im a nearly 30 yr old guy, and I cried over a cat.

They mean so much......

condolences

PsychoBaller
06-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Just had a chat wit Tuna the other day,.. possibly looking into getting some kittens :D

and I forgot how long Cats can live for :wow: ; crazy how much more than dogs!

-baller

Nick E
06-24-2007, 10:23 PM
We have an old maine coon who's probably going soon. So sad. but I'm sure he has problems, he seems to be pretty happy now. I'll hate when he's gone. cheer up brah.
things will be better.

conbon
06-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Dude, that sucks. I've lost many cats, most to cars. It could be worse though. My friend had a cat that was like 19 years old, started dying of natural causes. She (the cat) died on the couch one day, and he (my friend) came in, sat on the couch, picked the cat up and put her in his lap, started to pet her, all this before he realized she was dead. He freaked out and stood up, droping the stiff cat on the floor like a sack of potatoes, then ran out of the room.

REDRT
06-27-2007, 05:26 AM
My friend had a cat that was like 19 years old, started dying of natural causes. She (the cat) died on the couch one day, and he (my friend) came in, sat on the couch, picked the cat up and put her in his lap, started to pet her, all this before he realized she was dead. He freaked out and stood up, droping the stiff cat on the floor like a sack of potatoes, then ran out of the room.
:rofl: I'm sorry, but I find that too funny. I can see it now.
Here kitty kitty. Oh there you are. My your stiff as a board. Must be artritis. Funny your not as warm as normal. Kitty???

conbon
06-27-2007, 11:08 AM
:rofl: I'm sorry, but I find that too funny. I can see it now.
Here kitty kitty. Oh there you are. My your stiff as a board. Must be artritis. Funny your not as warm as normal. Kitty???

Yep, thats about it. My friend isn't to bright, so it took him some time to realize what was going on.

Warwitch
06-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Dude, that sucks. I've lost many cats, most to cars. It could be worse though. My friend had a cat that was like 19 years old, started dying of natural causes. She (the cat) died on the couch one day, and he (my friend) came in, sat on the couch, picked the cat up and put her in his lap, started to pet her, all this before he realized she was dead. He freaked out and stood up, droping the stiff cat on the floor like a sack of potatoes, then ran out of the room.

Kind of inappropriate for this thread though dude :(

conbon
06-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Kind of inappropriate for this thread though dude :(

Sorry if that depressed anyone anymore then they already are because of this tragic loss. I was just trying to lighten the mood with my friend's stupidity.

Pickle
06-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Tuna, sorry for the loss man. My wife and I have two cats. One we've had for 11 or so years. he was born deaf (that = no fear) and is such a lover. Loves to snuggle. My wife will be absolutely heartbroken when he goes. Again, my condolences. Man 19.5 is a long time, even for a cat.

dr_g_2006
06-29-2007, 10:01 AM
sorry about the loss i hope things get better for you take care peace bro

FiXeL
06-30-2007, 08:54 AM
My condoleances.

19 and a half years is a quite respectable age for a cat and i understand your grief. I also lost a cat i very much loved.

wooky
07-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Hey Tuna, I have never really had any cats but I am a animal lover non the less. I have lost one of my dogs (she was a rottweiler) to cancer of the lungs two years ago :( . I do not have any kids and this dog was my child she died at 10 1/2 years young. At the beginning of this year I had to put down my male rott. he also died at 10 years old and he too had cancer. It just about killed my wife and myself as we had to assist in the euthanization because although he was dying slowly he would not let the vet near him to give him the shot... I was holding him as he was taking his last breaths................... even now after all this time I am shedding tears as write.

I feel for you sir and I do know what you are going thru and would not wish it upon anyone..... our prayers will be with you.