PDA

View Full Version : Viperblade trigger

pierce
06-15-2007, 09:27 PM
I have a intell frame and my stock trigger has slop from left to right. Does the Viperblade have this left to right slop?

~W.!.C.K.E.D~
06-15-2007, 10:28 PM
mine has some, but you can 'shim' it with washers

pierce
06-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the info W!cked :headbang:

Spider-TW
06-16-2007, 12:34 AM
My frame to viperblade fit was a little too tight until I sanded the anno off of the side away from the bearing on the trigger and a little on the inside of the frame. I think the notches on the trigger pin pushed the frame in just that much. The slop went from 'none' to 'unnoticeable'. :D

Spider-TW
06-16-2007, 12:58 AM
The pin went in on the correct side, but I may have missed the existing indents. Most of the sanding was on the frame, but it doesn't matter. It is on my classic pneumag, which isn't going anywhere. It is way out of spec! :D

robnix
06-16-2007, 03:20 AM
The trigger wasnt too tight, the frame became out of spec.

You are correct.....when a user pushes the pin through the frame the wrong way, the notches on the trigger pin pushes the frame in just that much to make it out of spec.

You really should have sanded the inside of your frame where the trigger pin changed the specs. That way you would have a frame in spec, and still have a trigger in spec.

Now, you have a frame out of spec, and a trigger out of spec. As long as your happy you should be fine. The only issue is when/if you decide to sell either part to someone else. If you separate them, now the trigger will be real sloppy in someone elses spec frame.

I used some Teflon tape on my emag trigger. Wrap it once around the hinge. Moves very freely with almost no slop now.

pierce
06-16-2007, 01:49 PM
Maybe a small shoulder bolt with a cap nut, that way you could snug it up to take up some slack. Cap nut would look a little tacky though.

Spider-TW
06-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Maybe a small shoulder bolt with a cap nut, that way you could snug it up to take up some slack. Cap nut would look a little tacky though.

Automags, the Harley of paintball! Some chrome and a pair of vise grips and I'll be set!

:cheers:

Ninjeff
06-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Automags, the Harley of paintball! Some chrome and a pair of vise grips and I'll be set!

:cheers:

Nonsense. Automags always work. ;)

:p

(im a Kawi rider.)

Pneumagger
06-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Im coming up with a solution that should help :D

Please let it be a threaded pin. they are so nice... I've threaded some frames for myself because punching pins out gets old fast. :)