PDA

View Full Version : Going to start playing again - Need help

ShooterJM
06-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Haven't hit the field in 2-3 years.

Just picked up a marker here on the boards and am working on an air system. But I need some advice concerning masks and loaders.

I still see eggs, halos and revvys. Anything new I need to look at?

Also, I used to have a proteus mask, are those still around? If not can anyone recommend a mask that fits like one?

Thanks

Rudz
06-16-2007, 08:32 AM
vlocity and vlocity jr, pulse loaders, but the pulse may be tricky to find, draxxus was sued for patent infringement..awesome loader though

Dark Side
06-16-2007, 08:43 AM
You can still find Proteus masks for sell once in a while. There are 1 0r 2 on ebay NIB but they are expensive, more so than when they came out.

Ninjeff
06-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I recommend a V-Force Profiler, Grillz or the E-Vents Avatar for goggles. I have never EVER worn goggles as comfortable as those 3. You wont be sorry.

If your a JT fan, try out the Flex 8's. The new version of the flex 7s. They look a bit wierd in pictures but are very nice and low profile when you see them in real life.

mag_lover05
06-16-2007, 12:35 PM
i have a white and black profilers...they are by far the best thing ive ever worn. they were awsome at d-day, i didnt have any problems with fog or anything (obviously) and alot of other players were...

Rudz
06-16-2007, 01:37 PM
I usually take my vents over my flex 7's, cept for woodsball, the bright white vents are kinda a dead giveaway, specially with blue mirror lenses, I have also heard a lot of good things about grillz, such as easilly replacaeble foam.

ShooterJM
06-17-2007, 06:24 AM
Cool. found a place with a new proteus and a FX-10 for $60 so I'll start with those and check out a vents.

Anyone try or hear anything about a viewloader revolution force loader? claims 18 and is like $30. I was gonna just pick up an eggy or halo, but for $30, I may give something new a shot.

WenULiVeUdiE
06-17-2007, 08:26 AM
vlocity and vlocity jr, pulse loaders, but the pulse may be tricky to find, draxxus was sued for patent infringement..awesome loader though

From what I saw, unless you have the RF chip, the Pulse is on par with a normal stock Halo B. Nothing special.

I would not go for the FX-10. If I remember correctly, it uses a special quick release lense system, which may make replacement lenses hard to find. Grillz and Flex8s are very comfortable though.

d4m4don3
06-18-2007, 05:15 PM
From what I saw, unless you have the RF chip, the Pulse is on par with a normal stock Halo B. Nothing special.

I would not go for the FX-10. If I remember correctly, it uses a special quick release lense system, which may make replacement lenses hard to find. Grillz and Flex8s are very comfortable though.

Nah the pulse can feed a longer string of paint at a higher ROF, so if you're a back player and you have the RF chip you could have more consistent strings.

I would more closely compare the pulse to the Reloader B or B2 more than the Halo B or Victory.

The sound activation is basically a wireless intellifeed system. I believe that was a main point in the lawsuit with Draxxus.

WenULiVeUdiE
06-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Not from what I saw the other night. The Pulse was not exactly a mesmerizing loader in any sense...Who knows, maybe it just needed some new batteries or something.

madcrisis
06-18-2007, 07:50 PM
i think whats cool about the pulse is u can smash the hell out of it and it will be ok