PDA

View Full Version : HELP with XValve

nycpainter
06-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Alright,

I guess I have to ask for help so I dont **** this valve up. This is my first time working with the xvalve and I cant get it tuned and timed properly to make my gun fire. My gun is a traditional Automag ('95 Planet Eclipse Splash Kit) with a Powerfeed body.

The problem is it is pressurizing but when I pull the trigger it doesnt fire. Does anyone know what I can do? If you are able to help. I would like to call you so you can give me a step by step over the phone. Or, if you are really good with step by step instructions and want to type them, thats cool too. Ive been reading through threads and havent found exactly what I need so this is why I am asking here.

Thanks.

Madmarx
06-16-2007, 04:12 PM
pm'd you

Russ
06-16-2007, 07:09 PM
how about the info at the airgun designs website?

Badmovies.org
06-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Let's try these two steps:

STEP 1 - Tune your Lvl 10
Oil your o-ring, put it into the 2.0 carrier (2 lines, no dots), slide it onto the bolt stem and attempt to dangle the bolt (you are holding the carrier while trying this). If the bolt slips off the carrier from its own weight, go to a smaller carrier. Use the largest carrier that will not allow the bolt to slip off using this test. Do not add any shims yet. Oil everything, assemble, and break in the o-ring by shooting out a tank of air. After doing this, you may need to change carriers and use the next smallest. Now, start adding shims one at a time until it leaks down the barrel. Take a shim out. You are ready to go.

STEP 2 - Increase velocity
Turn up the velocity until the marker will fire.

SOME QUICK QUESTIONS IF THE TWO STEPS ABOVE FAIL TO GET YOU WORKING
Do you have a ULT kit?
Are you using a high pressure tank (800 psi output)?
Have you played with the trigger rod length? (Don't do this.)
Is your trigger rod inserted correctly?
Are both screws that hold the trigger frame to the rail tightened by hand to snug, then 1/4 turn with the allen wrench?