PDA

View Full Version : Knee pads

temps
06-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Need input on knee pads and pads in general. Its getting hot and I've been playing in shorts and my knees have been getting scratched up because of it.

I've been looking at the empire knee/shin pads they look good and I like the fact that they cover the shin as well as the knees. They have good reviews on pbreview, but my local store doesn't sell them so I cant try them on to see what size I need..

And the smart parts exoskin knee pads, They don't have the full shin protection, but they sell them at the store so I'll be able to try them on first. And the two reviews they have are both 10/10.

What are your opinions on elbow/forearm protection? Are they good to have? My arms don't get banged up half as much as my knees, but I've been looking at them.

And last thing, slide shorts. Does it get hot under them?

bentothejam1n
06-17-2007, 11:21 AM
i would think the empire ones would make you extremely hot

Tao
06-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I use $5 Wayne Gretsky street hockey pads. They work great once you get the hard protective pieces off. :rofl:

d4m4don3
06-17-2007, 12:54 PM
The empire ground pounders knee pads are great if you intend to play with shorts and long socks.

I also have a pair of Flurry Industries Reaver Knee/shin guards and they're pretty comfortable but they're meant to be worn over a pair of pants.

maglover728
06-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Roof construction pads work great and are open in the back for cooling.

bryceeden
06-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Empire ground pounders are awsome. The Vents ones that cover knee and shin I've never used, but the ground pounders really don't get hot, so I inagine the Vents ones wouldn't either.

phizz
06-18-2007, 12:14 AM
as far as knee pads I just use Cooper volleryball pads, they only cost $8 and they work great. Shin pads would be an added bonus but I haven't bothered yet. Elbow pads I love, when I play I am often laying on the ground crawling through the bush, etc, definately a great addition if you spend time on the ground. oh my elbow pads are Mantis and I love them fit nice, and are comfy.

WenULiVeUdiE
06-18-2007, 05:19 AM
I have been told by many that Dye pads are amazing. They may be alittle pricey, but worth it.

I still need to order some...

t0nnn
06-18-2007, 06:25 AM
I bought the Empire Ground Pounders for $15 and they're great - flexible, comfortable, like said above, they don't get hot. They also can be machine washed which is a plus. I've used the Dye elbow bads and they're really really comfortable and get you alot of bounces off the forarm so i imagine the Dye knee pads are somewhat comfortable

Chaos_Theory!
06-18-2007, 06:46 AM
www.playerpaintball.com

They having great products at great prices. There customer service is also second to none.

rkjunior303
06-18-2007, 09:33 AM
I have been told by many that Dye pads are amazing. They may be alittle pricey, but worth it.

I still need to order some...

I've had my same Dye knee pads for over 3 years and they have had NO problems. Same goes with my forearm pads.