PDA

View Full Version : not a fan.... till now

bigboyhutch
06-17-2007, 11:00 AM
man so i'm at the field yesterday for a miunte andi see a guy with a spyder vs3. I havent had a chance to see one in person yet but i ask the guy if i could fire it and man did that thing rip for a spidey. well just to say i was suprised i think i might buy one just for the hell of it. anyone know of problems with them?

just my rant.

bryceeden
06-17-2007, 11:41 AM
My team all has these as back-ups, they work great, just remember that NO CO2 can be used on them, its HPA only.

d4m4don3
06-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Just picked one up for the spyder cup. I must say that these guns are decent, although I did change the reg and asa with a cp shorty reg and asa.

cyrus-the-virus
06-17-2007, 01:20 PM
My team all has these as back-ups, they work great, just remember that NO CO2 can be used on them, its HPA only.

....it's a blow back... there is no solenoid to get damnaged by CO2....

maglover728
06-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Spyder has turned out a worth-while marker in this day and age. Wow. I guess wonders will never cease.

viper-mayhem
06-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Just picked one up for the spyder cup. I must say that these guns are decent, although I did change the reg and asa with a cp shorty reg and asa.
Are you playing in the Spyder Cup. Our sponsor was all for us going but had problems with players not able to make each event. Hope you guys do well.

d4m4don3
06-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Well I'm in california so the regionals and finals are at the same place. All we wanna do is play, who cares about winning. :D

PumpMag
06-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Out of the box, my teammates and I noticed 2 things:

The bottomline is not secure. Needs some teflon/locktite on the allen screw, or install a 2nd screw. After you do these, no longer an issue.

The guys on my team, experienced a lot of velocity spikes, they didn't like the factory mini reg and opted to ditch the grip and put their own regulator of choice for consistency.

These are really fast and I've had no ball breaks, and I really like the rocking trigger on the VS3. :shooting:

A nice affordable tourament marker. :cheers:

bryceeden
06-17-2007, 04:57 PM

That's why we got ours. Guess we'll see you there.

bigboyhutch
06-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Out of the box, my teammates and I noticed 2 things:

The bottomline is not secure. Needs some teflon/locktite on the allen screw, or install a 2nd screw. After you do these, no longer an issue.

The guys on my team, experienced a lot of velocity spikes, they didn't like the factory mini reg and opted to ditch the grip and put their own regulator of choice for consistency.

These are really fast and I've had no ball breaks, and I really like the rocking trigger on the VS3. :shooting:

A nice affordable tourament marker. :cheers:

my thoughts exactly, i did notice the spikes on the guys gun too. so obviously get an aftermarket reg