PDA

View Full Version : E-mag help

Babylon 5
06-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Ok I just got this emag and for what ever reason whenyou switch it to E on the selector it does not fire, but while on M it will go crazy reactive to full auto like a tipmann responce trigger. Any clues as to what is going on would be helpful in the end I may just send it to the AGD techs to figue out in the end if no one on here has any sugestions.

JRingold
06-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Hmmm.. Assuming that the battery is charged, and that you have the yellow pin out, so it's on, I'm going to go with either the trigger magnet needs to be adjusted because it's not registering the pull, or the trigger stop needs to be adjusted for farther travel. When you have it in "Hybrid" mode (electronics on and switch in Mechanical), you are able to move the trigger enough to activate the HES, and the trigger rod pushes the trigger back enough that another shot is registered, thus Full Auto.

I would try the magnet adjustment first, that way you don't risk the danger of going full auto when in electronic mode, and save that for hybrid mode.

What software version do you have? When you power it up, it should display AGD 3.2 or something similar.

Tao
06-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Just to be sure turn the electronics on and pull the trigger fairly slowly while in Mech mode (make sure you don't let the RT trigger bounce). If the gun fires twice then your electronics are working fine. What hapens is the electronics will fire and then YOU wil pull the sear and fire mechanically.

Yeah it sounds like your trigger is set to fire on a longer trigger pull than it is set to...I will explain:
There are two set screws: 1 to adjust the trigger pull length and 1 to adjust where in the trigger pull the gun goes off.

In order to change the length you need to take the grip frame off of the rail to get to the set screw. This set screw is mounted in the trigger just above where the pivot pin goes through it. If your length is non existant at the moment you will need to lengthen it a bit.

In order to change where the point inthe stroke that the gun fires the set screw is in the front of the trigger. Counterclockwise makes it sooner and clockwise makes it later. If you turn it clockwise enough it will be set to go off behind the final possition of the trigger stroke you may have it set to if it is fairly short.

Oh and while you are adjusting the screw that handles where in the trigger pull the gun goes off, make sure that you take the key out of the screw before you test because the extra metal of your key will affect the magnetic sensor.