PDA

View Full Version : 2001-2003 Acura 3.2CL

t0nnn
06-18-2007, 07:09 AM
I've been wanting to get an 02', 03', or 04' 3.2 CL Type S for a while now, since i just sold my car I need to get on it.

I got a call from my uncle today saying that one of his patients (he's a doctor) told him that he has an 02' TL and at 50k needed a tranny rebuild. Apparently those model TL's and CL's from that year range had a tranny recall. After 50k Acura doesn't cover it.

Anyone have any info or experience with this recall?

warpig13
06-18-2007, 07:51 AM
My mom has a a TL and had to get two or three different trannies during hte recall. But other thant that she hasnt had problems with it.

t0nnn
06-18-2007, 11:09 AM
i just did some searching, 2000-2003 were affected by the recall. Some were on their 3rd tranny. People were complaining about going 70mph down the highway and the car would shift into 1st gear all of a sudden, and this happened twice to some people after having a new tranny put in....the extended warranty that was included in the recall is only up to 100k ...

this is only for automatic trannys ...the manuals seem to be fine, which i wouldn't mind, but now i dunno. I really wanted this car...after reading all this i really don't think it's a wise choice to get one, ecspecially since i'd be getting one used with atleast 50k on it

rkjunior303
06-18-2007, 04:26 PM
those years should still be available asd a certified pre-owned through acura, no? i'd ONLY get one through them given the issues.

t0nnn
06-19-2007, 05:56 AM
belive me, they're available no problem at acura and a bunch of other lots, private sales, auto liquadators.

After reading up on all that if i do find one i like and decide to get one it will be stick, not automatic. The manuals haven't had any problems i've found

rkjunior303
06-19-2007, 07:48 AM
belive me, they're available no problem at acura and a bunch of other lots, private sales, auto liquadators.

After reading up on all that if i do find one i like and decide to get one it will be stick, not automatic. The manuals haven't had any problems i've found

given the transmission problems, i would ONLY get one that had a factory warranty on it through a dealer... No sense taking a chance, right?

t0nnn
06-19-2007, 08:05 AM
well yeah, acura extended the warranty on that model to 100k, BUT a lot of people were saying their trannys were going at 50k ...and then again at 100k. Now whats to stop the tranny from failing again at 150k?? Many people were saying how they were on their 2nd and 3rd tranny already ...that is rediculous. I don't know what kind of warranty i would get if i got one through the dealership or what they would offer, but like I said, it would be stick NOT automatic

olinar
06-20-2007, 03:05 AM
well if your set on getting one, and dont need a car right away you could look into buying one with a ruined tranny and having a performance tranny installed. that way you know that its gonna work great. but idk anything about this subject.

/carry on with the thread