PDA

View Full Version : Super Question?

DarkKnight
06-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Ok like 30 emag mods are available and airgun was sold to another company WTF why isnt AGD coming out with a better mag design or even better a new design that is faster or something WTF is going on anyone know?

zipity_Bop
06-18-2007, 03:10 PM
tk has said has stated he will be waiting for something the paintball community really needs that doesn't infringe on patents... and the after market area on mags has been held together by rogue and other companies... if you want a faster mag look into getting a pneumatic or ep kit...

flyingpootang
06-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Anything more than 15bps is insanely fast, so I don't think it's ontop of AGD's list of things to do. My Emag with the X-mod software can do 22 bps, a RT with the right input pressure can do up to 32 bps, and with the L10 anti-chop I could'nt be happier with AGD. I'm hoping for them to come out with a new body design though. With the valve and bolt I don't think you have much room to improve on prefection.

Dark Side
06-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Ok like 30 emag mods are available and airgun was sold to another company WTF why isnt AGD coming out with a better mag design or even better a new design that is faster or something WTF is going on anyone know?

What would your little heart desire that TK could build for you? You can not shoot as fast as a MAG CAN fire. The only person I have heard of to make it is Z-man. He is the only person that should be complaning of wanting something faster.

DarkKnight
06-18-2007, 10:33 PM
What would your little heart desire that TK could build for you? You can not shoot as fast as a MAG CAN fire. The only person I have heard of to make it is Z-man. He is the only person that should be complaning of wanting something faster.
My heart disires that TK and the rest of the AGD team get their butts off the bench and start designing stuff again I mean seriously so many companies wish they were as good at product quality as AGD is and has been and I think if they branched a little and pushed the emags and other markers the right way maybe they would make a mint or at least have good market share!

Dark Side
06-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Who will fund this endeavor of yours? Do you have any idea how much R&D costs, even before a product can be put on a shelf?

Thotograph
06-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Lol people just can't except that the rt valve is from the 90's :cool: Dude they were so ahead of their time. Try naming another company who's pneumatic guts can take what a mag can... you can't. Def go for a pneumag if you want to make your mag faster... just remember 34cps w/o drop off. They did alright with their r&d :shooting:--------:dance:

Chrishew09
06-19-2007, 10:52 AM
The mag value is at par if not faster then all high end markers that are out today, and they designed it in the 90's. AGD has always been ahead of the times, and it hasn't been until recent years that the industry has caught up (just a little). The RT valve is a very well designed piece of engineering, the fact that they last forever and have very little maintenance says a lot compared to other companies. In my eyes there is nothing left to improve on with the valve, the only thing to improve is the electro/pneumatics/electro-pneumatics sear trip, and they are all available.

Besides if Mags when main stream again they wouldn't be as cool to own.... :p

Dark Side
06-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Here you go.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216526

There are also Pneumags for sell. Search for them in the BST section.

Stop complaining unless you are willing to do something other than complain about your supposed problem. There is nothing wrong with the way AGD is conducting themselves. The company still produces quality parts/guns.

stonersr26
06-19-2007, 10:35 PM

While I would be very happy to see AGD make another marker, there are several mods available for Emags. AGD was not sold to another company, but another man. AGD doesn't really need to come out with a better mag design as it is thriving as it is, maybe not as the hyper 12 year old wannabes would like, but none-the-less it is hopping away on its merry way. As other people have said, the mag is more than fast enough and the only other markers that have even matched it in speed are the Viking and the Cyborg, if anything AGD needs to work on its efficiency. WTF is going on is that AGD, Tom specifically as he has said is waiting for the paintball community to cool down and get over their sue happy attitude, thats wtf is going on.

Tao
06-20-2007, 02:01 AM

A Mag is still the fastest thing out there, all you would need to do is get x mod so the bps cap of 20 is gone. Sure you can only do 20 on average but you can have short peaks over 20.

A mag is still a fantastic design. It is just the market today looks for, in my oppinion, useless features ABOVE ALL ELSE. people want small, light weight, looks sexy, and can fire 30+ rounds/second. They want these even at the sacrifice of strategy, performance, reliability, even for unproven or rediculous claims. I have heard so many people say they wouldn't use a warp feed just because it is too heavy. Well what advantage would you like more: no hopper or a pound lighter (go to the gym guys :rofl: ).......
.....oh and the mag CAN do 30+ rounds/second if uncapped :clap:

Also AGD was never sold. Tom Kaye still owns it, all he did was hand over the reigns to a new president and sold him the inventory. Basically all is the same, TK still owns and is still in the position to call the shots if needbe since he is the owner, all that really has changed in Dave owns the inventory.

DarkKnight
06-21-2007, 09:32 PM
better question WHY CANT I BUY A NEW EMAG?

pierce
06-21-2007, 10:12 PM
A quote: sue happy attatude.

Chrishew09
06-22-2007, 05:48 AM
better question WHY CANT I BUY A NEW EMAG?

I dont know why cant you? They are on AGD's website or you can get them form Tuna, my buddy bought a new one from Tuna last year.
:cheers: