PDA

View Full Version : Project Cocker, need reg help.

georgeoffrey
06-19-2007, 08:11 AM
Alright, first I'll fill you in on what I'm doing, then on to questions.

I have a couple cockers (well, 4 at the moment) and I'm performing a conversion of sorts. I'm taking my mQ valve and E2 frame and putting them in/on my Karnivor. I'm tossing an AKA SCM III on along with a Belsales .44 ram and PE QEVs. Top it all off with a DDS Ligament bolt and it's pretty much set, with the exception of the reg.

So, now I need to know what you guys think would be the best HPR for the mQ, which has a stated operating pressure of 250-300 PSI.

I'm looking at the AKA 2 Liter+ or the PPS Fatty right now, but feel free to toss out other suggestions.

The Fatty:
Output adjustable between 0-400 PSI

The 2L+:
Output adjustable between 0-350, includes kit to swap to 250-550 PSI output.

I know running a reg too close to the operating pressure of a marker can give you a nice case of shootdown, but running the reg 100 PSI over this should be sufficient right? I've heard the Fatty has the fastest recharge rate on the market, followed closely by the 2L+, but with the 2Liter, I could always swap the springs if I needed more pressure, whereas with the Fatty, once you've topped it out, it's done. But, you'd think with the fastest recharge out there, you could still run it pretty close to the marker's operating pressure and not worry about it...right?

Maybe I'm being overly cautious, but I can't afford shootdown on this project. Any advice is much appreciated, as well as recommendations.

Thanks,
George

captian pinky
06-19-2007, 10:22 AM
i saw 2 liter because it sounds like a better reg not to mention made by aka

georgeoffrey
06-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Well, while AKA is a good name, PPS is nothing to scoff at. The Stabilizer is arguably one of the most reputable regs out there, so I'm looking for info about recharge times, consistency, shootdown, etc..more than name battles.

rkjunior303
06-19-2007, 01:48 PM
you'll never outshoot one of those regs to the point where you'll see any shootdown.. either of them will do the job you want.

FinchMan
06-20-2007, 03:15 AM
I'd go with the aka if you run HPA, definitely the palmers if you run co2.

georgeoffrey
06-20-2007, 05:13 AM
CO2 with my E2 and mQ? :nono:

Thanks for the thoughts mates, I'll let you all know how it goes if anybody is interested.