PDA

View Full Version : Need some help please

dye4410
06-19-2007, 06:34 PM
I am having a problem with a automag rt pro custom and I will air it up and it will shoot 3-5 times then the trigger wont charge anymore?!? Can anyone help me?

Coralis
06-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Do you have a level 10 ? Is the bolt resetting or is it stuck forward ? Whens the last time you changed the bolt spring ? Does the bolt reset if turn the air off and back on ?

dye4410
06-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Yes, it has the level 10 bolt
It only sometimes sets the trigger back
I tried each of the springs with all having the same results: sometimes it will fire, most of the time it wont. Sometimes it will push back the trigger rod up to the trigger, pull the trigger and I can feel the air resistance, but nothing happens. And then POW, it will fire ok for 2-3 shots.
With the red spring it will shoot 2-3 shots on one pull. My finger will be off of the trigger and it is still shooting!
I can stick a plastic rod in the front, and with some effort, push the bolt back.
It is using air like MAD. (not leaking, just using)
I turned the trigger rod counter clockwise 3 turns to lengthen it , bit it did nothing.

pierce
06-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Check and see if your sear assembly is moving smooth if not oil it. Check carrier size and your bolt spring.

athomas
06-21-2007, 01:38 PM
You are getting bolt stick. Remove the powertube shims. Go to the largest carrier that doesn't leak. Do this using the same carrier oring each time you change carriers. don't worry about the shims unless you have a problem with the gun hitting something in the breach and not resetting. Most never have a problem not using shims with a properly tuned level 10.

PBChappy
06-21-2007, 01:49 PM
i get this same problem with my rt-pro now and then, and i found it to be that the thumb screw was in to tight and not letting the trigger reset found if losen it up a bit works fine

OUSHOOT12
06-21-2007, 04:46 PM
i get this same problem with my rt-pro now and then, and i found it to be that the thumb screw was in to tight and not letting the trigger reset found if losen it up a bit works fine

Loosening the thumbscrew helped alot! Now all I have is double firing with one trigger pull.
It Does not happen every time, but alot.
XVALVE-ULT-LEVEL10

OUSHOOT12
06-21-2007, 04:55 PM
DYE 4410 sold me this marker and has been trying to help figure out the problem.
The more I loosen the thumb screw the better the trigger recharges itself, god I hope the valve hasen't been F'd with, it was only finger tightened.
Thumb screw-go figure!!! Thank you for your advice, and to those that helped.
Still double fires though, I don't think thats tourney legal!
Tampa, Florida

PBChappy
06-21-2007, 08:52 PM
glad i was able to help. I know this problem drove me nuts untill i figured it out and some times when playing i find the the thumb screw has tightened it self, how does it do that :rolleyes:

athomas
06-22-2007, 05:09 AM
Double firing could be a worn sear. Check the sear tip. Is the rail bushing in place?

OUSHOOT12
06-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Was in Odessa today at a small tourney, and I was able to at least fire it.
I have my input at 750-800, or it really starts to double up, pull trigger in, POP, let trigger out, POP again.
For the life of me don't know why it sometimes was just BLOOPING balls out 10-20 feet in front of me and then it would let me shoot a string ok.
I can't rock the trigger at all, I have to pull the f'ing trig all the way back!!!
26 bps---BS!

I think it will be for sale---Like brand new: Black ULE'd body, RT PRO, Xvalve, ULTrigger,LVL 10, stainless ACI Millenieum barrel (great barrel, quiet and shoots darts) Shipped to you $400

OUSHOOT12
06-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Double firing could be a worn sear. Check the sear tip. Is the rail bushing in place?
Bushing is there and the sear is brand new, nice and sharp. 3 cases of paint are all thats been through it.

OUSHOOT12
06-23-2007, 03:43 PM
glad i was able to help. I know this problem drove me nuts untill i figured it out and some times when playing i find the the thumb screw has tightened it self, how does it do that :rolleyes:
$650.00 marker and it's the damn THUMB SCREW! but, that was it! :tard:
I won't forget that one!!!!
Thanks everyone, I read these everyday, jeez I'm a pathetic loser!