PDA

View Full Version : SP Magic Box

paintballer187
01-07-2002, 09:19 PM
I just did a search on the magic box and didn't come up with anything so i figured i would ask this. I have heard about it before but not really understood what it does, so the simple question is what is it and what does it do? thanks

MajorDamage
01-07-2002, 09:22 PM
It makes your gun constantly starve, to where you get drop off real quick, and messes stuff up. It was supposed to work like a low pressure chamber, but well...dosn't. I don't even think they make them anymore.

ENDO!

SoupRman
01-07-2002, 09:31 PM
it's a waste of money for whatever you payed for it. heh (don't buy it)

OldSchoolMag
01-07-2002, 09:37 PM
I have a Magic Box on my 'Mag, and even though my 'Mag performs great, I still get drop off after a string of balls. Also, I asked Joe at SmartParts.com, and he sent me this e-mail to answer my question:

WHAT THE MAGIC BOX DOES IS ADD SOME EXTRA SPACE TO THE MAG WHAT THIS DOES IS LOWER HE PRESSURE THAT THE GUN IS FIRING AT IN TURN THIS ALLOWS THE GUN TO BE A BIT GENTLER ON THE BALL AS IT IS FIRED RESULTING IN LESS BALL BREAKAGE AND LESS DISTORTION ON THE PAINTBALL WHEN IT IS FIRED THIS HELPS
WITH RANGE AND ACCURACY.

thank you
joe
[email protected]
[email protected]

If anything, I break MORE than other 'Mags, and I have less range and less acuracy. I just ordered (AND IT ARRIVED TODAY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!) my RT Pro, and I'll plan on selling my 'Mag for as much as I can get. It's a good 'gun, it works, but from shooting other 'Mags, I really haven't noticed much improvement, as I said above, but the problems don't happen that often... of course, I do use Nitrogen, and have NEVER used CO2 on it, so that may have something to do with it. But, when my 'Mag gets into its groove... ain't no stoppin' it, ya hear? If you have anymore questions, post again!
Hope this helps,
OldSchoolMag (Although I should probably change the name since I got my RT!!!)

PaInTbALL zAcH
01-07-2002, 09:38 PM
at the warpig automag manual it talks about ita little

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
01-07-2002, 10:44 PM
Haha the smart parts magic joke haha that was a good one. TX I needed a laugh... well as most people say stay away from non-AGD well there are a few good companys that know what there doing and do it right... but in this case JUST STAY AWAY from the 300 dollar massacre. :rolleyes: Well it does bs its just as bad as a talon (not that bad but gets close) As i say stick with your stock mag valve...the reason why there are no internal upgrades (that work right) is because AGD Perfected it. Saves you money and time.

strongboy2005
01-07-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
ANS Phase II Venturi Bolt
you have the ans bolt? how do you like it, would you recommend it?

DrEvil
01-07-2002, 11:15 PM
I have an ANS Phase II bolt. and I highly recommend it. But not in your mag. use it as a paperweight. I bought my minimag used. the first thing i replaced. my gun leaked bad down the barrel burped farted shot very bad. It was quite amusing actually. All i did was replace the ANS with a superbolt. presto!!! now I have a good shootin mag.

Butterfingers
01-08-2002, 09:13 AM
Pop the foamie off, it meakes a GREAT looking paperweight...

AGD puts the best of the best in thier guns there should be no reason to upgrade. If another manufacturer claims that thiers is better 99.9999 percent of the time they are lying.

paintballer187
01-08-2002, 03:56 PM
ok, thanks for the info guys. i couldn't find a pic, does anyone have one or know a link to one?

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
01-08-2002, 04:17 PM
First off ...they didnt ask you tx.

strongboy2005

I like it alot. It does everything its suppose to do ...ball breaks are cut in half...and concistensy is boosted up a tad. I can play in cold whether with normal paint cause its soft on the paint. Its eather I got a really good one or everyone else is bs'in. I highly recommend it. get yours at www.g3pb.com thats where i purchased mine...so maybe theres are special. And no i have had no problems with it ...had it for 2 years now too. Just changed foamies a couple times...which they include.

LittMag
01-08-2002, 04:42 PM
Actually I have one on my minimag(the mag was given to me by my cousin who put it on), I run CO2 off of it and have not had any problems w/ breakage or shootdown... here's some pictures of it on the mag...

http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~litton/images/paintball/littsmini.jpg
http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~litton/images/paintball/minivalve1.jpg
http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~litton/images/paintball/minivalve2.jpg
http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~litton/images/paintball/minivalve3.jpg
http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~litton/images/paintball/minivalve4.jpg

strongboy2005
01-08-2002, 09:56 PM
hmm. now i'm stuck. ok here's my situation: I want a new bolt that pretty much WILL NOT break balls. I don't mind if i can't get as good of an R.O.F. because I am a front play and i fire a max of 3 shots every time i snap shoot. I have no room for error when it comes to ball breaks up front. Now, i heard superbolts KILL paint, and that's not something that really attacts me to it. Now when it comes to ball breaks i've heard nothing but good from the ans. does anyone know exactly when/if the superbolts will be fixed so they don't break so much paint. I would do anything to not break any balls, and i'm having some bad problems will ball breaks on my stock bolt. I am now starting to lean towards the ans, considering the superbolt isn't working out.

Nitroduck
01-08-2002, 10:05 PM
I hate to say this, but this is my OPINION.

Your going to have to do 2 things to get high snapshoot ROF, and break far less balls.

Either

Add a 32* foamie bolt (I know alot of people hate them, but mine works far superior to my stock AGD, same thing with my teammates RT)
Get Powerfeed
Get RT Kit
Get Intelliframe
Get Turborev

Or.......the other dreaded option

Buy a new gun.

I had Powerfeed, Intelliframe, new bolt and I still broke paint occasionally. On certain "lower grade" paints, I would break every other ball.......Because of that, I got my Angel...No regrets....But I still got my Mag which is nice for backup. But the way I play, my Mag in its current form just couldnt keep up with me or my playing style (maybe you might be different)

strongboy2005
01-08-2002, 10:17 PM
see, that's totally different with me. i like to get 1 shot kills. i don't like the whole "sit there and shoot forever deal" i fire maybe 3 shots every time i snap shoot (so i prolly won't need an rt), and if i'm not fired upon after i fire that 3 shot burst then i either bunker or move. i like fast paced games. I also use only good auality paint through my mag so that wouldn't be a problem. (and i'm planning on getting a intelliframe, p/f minimag body, and i already have a very fast revvy) but i'll look into the 32 degrees bolt thanks

oh, and i prolly would get an angel if i had the choice but i can't.

Blennidae
01-08-2002, 10:53 PM
Strongboy2005,

I just wanted to give you my opinion on what how I am interpreting your post. It seems like you are looking for a bolt that will prevent breaking paint.

The reality is all guns will break paint. Nothing you can buy will change that fact. You might be better served by making sure your current setup is tuned to give you the best it can.

I have an old minimag, it came with the standard AGD foamie bolt. It worked fine. I bought into the "venturi bolts are better" thing and bought one. This was before there was an ANS, but it looks pretty much like the ANS bolt. I tried it and it broke some paint, so I glued a foam dot from my Vents mask in the center as a foamie. It broke less paint, but didn't seem to make much real difference other than that. AGD then came out with their "foamieless" bolt, so I got one of those. It works fine, like the other bolts, it breaks the occasional ball. Thats life. I'm not a big paint hoser, but can shoot many hoppers full before getting a break. I'm sure with the regular AGD bolt I could get loads of 3 shot bursts with no problems.

If breakage is a big concern for you, maybe a barrel that you can shoot clean while on the field would be a better place to spend your money.

Just one old guys opinion...

paintballer187
01-09-2002, 07:12 AM
thanks for the pics LittMag.

but what does all this bolt talk have to do w/ my topic? nothing

LittMag
01-09-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by paintballer187
thanks for the pics LittMag.

but what does all this bolt talk have to do w/ my topic? nothing

Hey, there's no need to get snappy about it, you said

Originally posted by paintballer187
ok, thanks for the info guys. i couldn't find a pic, does anyone have one or know a link to one?

so I interpreted it as you were looking for a picture of a magic box.

paintballer187
01-10-2002, 01:13 PM
LittMag--ok, my earliery reply was jumbled together to much. the thanks was for you but the part about the bolt talk was to the person who originated it, strongboy2005. i just didn't understand why he couldn't PM or e-mail RaV3n_Pa1ntba|| about his bolt instead of putting it in my thread. Don't take this the wrong way anyone, i'm not mad or anything but i just didn't think that was necesarry in my post.