PDA

View Full Version : ReTro w/ULT & LX questions + Foamie Inq.

Siress
06-19-2007, 10:01 PM
I haven't been involved in the tech side of mags for quite a long time now, so I need some refreshing of my memory. I couldn't find these things in the FAQ's, manuals, or couldn't find the appropriate FAQ or manual for the subject.

What manual is most accurate for all things related to my valve? I'm assuming the RT ULE manual, meaning that I shouldn't run CO2 on it. "But it was CHEAP!" -Lizard from the Wendy's commercial... Tacolitoburrito?

I'm trying to tune the LX on CO2, very slowly as not to freeze anything in the valve, and having problems getting the bolt to reset. It needs just a tad bit of pressure on the face of the bolt to click into place. I'm down to 1 shim and it only seems to get worse as I add them.

About the Foamie thing. I really hate losing those things so I was wondering if the center part of the bolt is held in place with enough force that I can tap the little hole normally hidden under the foamie? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks guys,
-Seth

Tao
06-19-2007, 10:27 PM
I haven't been involved in the tech side of mags for quite a long time now, so I need some refreshing of my memory. I couldn't find these things in the FAQ's, manuals, or couldn't find the appropriate FAQ or manual for the subject.

What manual is most accurate for all things related to my valve? I'm assuming the RT ULE manual, meaning that I shouldn't run CO2 on it. "But it was CHEAP!" -Lizard from the Wendy's commercial... Tacolitoburrito?

I'm trying to tune the LX on CO2, very slowly as not to freeze anything in the valve, and having problems getting the bolt to reset. It needs just a tad bit of pressure on the face of the bolt to click into place. I'm down to 1 shim and it only seems to get worse as I add them.

About the Foamie thing. I really hate losing those things so I was wondering if the center part of the bolt is held in place with enough force that I can tap the little hole normally hidden under the foamie? Has anyone done this before?

Thanks guys,
-Seth

Well CO2 may be your problem. Sure you can get the gun to cycle, but you may not have the same sort of pressure in the air chamber as you would with HPA. I woul really recomend tuning it under otherwise normal circumstances.

As for tapping a hole I wouldn't do it dead centre. The power tube is right under it and you could risk weakening the bolt enough so that the air pressure blows right through it. I would instead do it off to the side of the bolt face, but even then you risk weakening it to be ripped apart by the air russing past it.
What I did to hold the foamy in place was to take a stong sharp knife like a buck knife and gouge the face of the bolt where the foamy rests. Make sure it is really clean and dry, then add a strong supper glue (test and make sure it doesn't desolve the foamy though :P)

Siress
06-19-2007, 10:33 PM
I lost one after using 2ton epoxy. I won't be drilling anything, there's already a hole there:
http://automags.org/pic/img/lvl10/superbolt.jpg

I'm just going to do it next time I have the bolt out. I know it will work, just curious if others have done it. As soon as I get a new foamie I'll make a recessed cut out and bolt it on after gluing it in.

Warwitch
06-20-2007, 06:52 AM
Try using gel style super glue not the really thin runny stuff too :cheers: