PDA

View Full Version : JW Dundee's Honey Brown beer

warbeak2099
06-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Well I'm having one right now and damnit it's good. It's brewed locally to me and I was just wondering if they sell it anywhere else. It's really smooth and the honey taste isn't overpowering like some flavored girl drink. Anyone else ever had this stuff?

nulam
06-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Yep, good stuff, but a little heavy. It is one of my "winter beers". I'm pretty sure it is available nationwide and is brewed by one of the big 3.

warbeak2099
06-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey that's pretty neat. And here I thought they only sold it locally. I live about 15-20 minutes from the High Falls Brewing Co where it's made. Heavy? Yea I guess it's a wee bit heavy, but I'm just sitting here in the cool, air conditioned house lol. I mean, it's by no means Guinness Stout heavy lol.

WaffleBaron
06-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Oddly enough we only get the Honey Brown, no Genessee of any kind or any of the other JW Dundees. Such is life in the desert I guess.

Thordic
06-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Guiness isn't actually that heavy, its a false perception due to the nitrogenation of the beer :)

And yeah, Honey Brown is good stuff.

gimp
06-20-2007, 06:29 PM
No way, honey brown is the worst beer I've ever had. And I drink a lot of beer. It's like they tried extra hard to make it taste bad.

But +1 on the guinness not really being that heavy. :cheers:

91Foxtrot
06-20-2007, 07:05 PM
The honey flavor in Honey Brown reminds me of mead, with which I've had some iffy experiences.

Guinness = light, easy drinking.

Now Three Floyds Dark Lord, THAT'S a heavy beer. They describe it as being like "motor oil" on the bottle. And they aren't kidding.

behemoth
06-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Honey brown is good.

Guinness is not heavy.

You're just a pansy.

FactsOfLife
06-21-2007, 05:04 AM
Hey that's pretty neat. And here I thought they only sold it locally. I live about 15-20 minutes from the High Falls Brewing Co where it's made. Heavy? Yea I guess it's a wee bit heavy, but I'm just sitting here in the cool, air conditioned house lol. I mean, it's by no means Guinness Stout heavy lol.

rochester? or a burb?

<-- is from walworth

ThePixelGuru
07-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I can get that stuff in Mass, it's one of the decent beers you can get in the bars around UMass Amherst without spending a lot. Kind of sucks, most of the time it's either crappy Miller Lite for cheap or better beers for way too much. Honey Brown's a pretty decent balance, though. Affordable and worth drinking.

Found my new favorite beer, though. I was just up in Kennebunkport, Maine for a week and hit Federal Jack's a lot, all the nice Shipyard beers there rock. Anyway, Old Thumper rocks my world. It's a non-traditional english bitter, and it's the best damn beer I've ever had. Just thought you all should know.

gimp
07-01-2007, 10:44 PM
+1 on the Old Thumper. There was a shipyard brewpub on my ride to work. Great beers.