PDA

View Full Version : Halo or Vlocity?

Chrishew09
06-21-2007, 06:11 AM
Which should I get, its about time for me to upgrade from my Apache to a faster loader, I owned a Halo B when they first came out and sold it b/c it broke paint and the drive cone broke. I borrowed my buddies V35 Halo last week and loved it, but I have also been hearing good things about the Vlocity.

Any suggestions?

t0nnn
06-21-2007, 06:34 AM
vlocity all the way

i've been using viewloader for over 10 years now. Started with a VL 200 gravity feed, then the revvy, then the egg, and now vlocity

couldn't be happier with the vlocity though, light, fast, and very well balanced & got it on sale for $90

but this is a very biast opinion ....i've never owned or used a halo :D

fullofpaint
06-21-2007, 08:25 AM
vlocity, but check out the eye-force too, it's only $75 feeds just as fast as you'll need to and has the same drive system as a vlocity, my store jsut got one in, seem like a great deal

Chrishew09
06-21-2007, 11:03 AM
I never saw the eye-force before, anyone have experience with that, I would guess it is just as fast as my Apache. The Apache says 20bps but I can go past 14, and that just for a 8 - 10 ball pulse.

68magOwner
06-21-2007, 11:07 AM
I own a halo and a vlocity JR with gangstar chip. I had used the halo for a long time before picking up the vlocity. I wasnt (and still am not) a fan of the standard vlocity loaders, as, I cant stand where the opening to reload is, makes shooting while reloading a lot more difficult than it has to be. However, the JR has the lid at a much nicer angle, and its a much bigger opening, so, reloading while shooting without spilling paint is easy as can be. I had a few issues with my halo over the years, but, for the most part it worked great as long as I kept the batteries fresh in it. The vlocity jr, has been working for me like a charm, with the gangstar chip, it has yet to break any paint at all, hasnt jammed once, and has better battery life then my halo.

Now, given the option (since both are in the gearbag right now), which do I choose? Well, it depends what marker I shoot that day. Both loaders work great, both feed faster than I need them to, its just a matter of how each balances on whatever marker I am using that day. With that said, I use the vlocity jr 9 days out of 10. (but, that could just because it balances better on the markers I am preferring now a days)

neppo1345
06-21-2007, 11:31 AM
I have both...

I've been using the halo longer, and for some reason even though the Vlocity is a little bit lighter, I find myself going back to the Halo.

It's really all personal preference.

Cow123
06-21-2007, 12:05 PM
I got a halo b rip/drive with the anti-jam code for $100. It has always fed fast enough and it has never broken a ball or a drive cone.

Vlocity Jr's also go for $100 and they weigh less.

Vlocities are lighter, halos have better battery life, halos have rip drives. I find myself using the rip drive alot so I'm glad I got one with a rip drive. The both feed the same speed(which is plenty fast for any tourny play) I hear that VL jr's always run the motor and so they always make an annoying grinding noise.

It comes down to preference.

rkjunior303
06-21-2007, 12:09 PM
reloader b2.

vlocity's are pieces of crap.

d4m4don3
06-21-2007, 12:37 PM
I agree, a reloader is much more reliable than either of those 2.

When the halo eye's get dirty you literally have to open the shell and clean the eye ports.

Vlocity's nice and fast but the batteries drain, unless you're in mode 0

Reloaders are nice, they don't rely on eyes and feed much faster.

Pulse if you can get one are nice, the rf chip's are all out of stock though.

Tao
06-21-2007, 03:06 PM
I like my pulse, I still can't say too much about it since I haven't used it often, but it works great so far :)

going_home
06-21-2007, 07:01 PM
I prefer the sound activated Empire B.
Never been able to outshoot it with anything I've tried.
;)

Ninjeff
06-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Ive been wondering about the sound activated ones. How well do they work? I always worry that it wont "hear" my gun fire in the heat of battle, then im screwed.

Cow123
06-21-2007, 08:31 PM
Ive been wondering about the sound activated ones. How well do they work? I always worry that it wont "hear" my gun fire in the heat of battle, then im screwed.
Sound activation works great.

ProblemKinder
06-21-2007, 08:39 PM
reloader 2 FTW!! :headbang:

d4m4don3
06-21-2007, 09:10 PM

The b2 model has an adjustable mike so you can adjust it to the sound level of the particular marker you're firing.

rkjunior303
06-21-2007, 09:46 PM
reloaders don't actually HEAR sound, it's actually a small vibration sensor on the board.

bit-wizard
06-21-2007, 10:04 PM
With the new firmware ("Synergy") I've just developed, you can have adjustable sound sensitivity with your original Reloader B (not B2), in addition to other new features.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216267

The b2 model has an adjustable mike so you can adjust it to the sound level of the particular marker you're firing.

bit-wizard
06-21-2007, 10:09 PM
I actually does use a microphone (electret mic) as the sound/vibration sensing element, and will pick up either if their magnitude is great enough.

reloaders don't actually HEAR sound, it's actually a small vibration sensor on the board.

MoeMag
06-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Go with the vlocity.
the shells dont break.

d4m4don3
06-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Not as much but they do break, near the battery door. I've also had to replace the raceway because of stress fractures causing the eyes to malfunction, all the hoppers have a caveat to them.

cyrus-the-virus
06-21-2007, 10:28 PM
VLoctiy, simply because I hate turning the halo on :cuss:

Chrishew09
06-22-2007, 05:35 AM
I did think about the Empire B2, but I wasn't sure about the sound activated thing, so I guess I have three choices now :rolleyes:
I was kind of worried about a lag that the sound activation might have, but it sound like that is a non-issue. I think my other friend has a Empire I will ask him if I could give it a try on Saturday.

At first I wanted a Pulse, but since they stopped making them and they are so new I am not comfortable with them from a reliability stand point.

Chrishew09
06-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Hey, is the only difference b/w the Vlocity Jr. and regular Vlocity the control chip, all the mechanical are the same?
That means I can buy a Jr. now and if its not fast enough get the Gangstar chip.

d4m4don3
06-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Hey, is the only difference b/w the Vlocity Jr. and regular Vlocity the control chip, all the mechanical are the same?
That means I can buy a Jr. now and if its not fast enough get the Gangstar chip.

Size, the Vlocity can carry 200 rds, and has adjustable motor tension from no tension at all (eye mode only) up to a maximum setting of 7 or 8.

Chrishew09
06-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Size, the Vlocity can carry 200 rds, and has adjustable motor tension from no tension at all (eye mode only) up to a maximum setting of 7 or 8.
Yeah but isnt that controlled buy the chip?
What is the size difference between the two?

d4m4don3
06-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah but isnt that controlled buy the chip?
What is the size difference between the two?

The jr carries 140 rds, has only one speed setting, you can upgrade to the gangstar chips on both models.

ricwhic414
06-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Actually the jr. holds 180... and I have both vlocity jr and v35... I use the jr. way more then the halo its lighter, smaller. I run pure semi so im not going to break the 20 bps cap on the jr. if you think you might top that you can get a gangstar chip. All and all if you are a front player go for the jr. if you play mid or back go for the halo or reg. vlocity. And to pick between those two is do you care about weight, looks, or battery life.

PsychoBaller
06-23-2007, 02:30 AM

If you can find one, get a PULSE. I love mine, new shells straight from HQ and all. No breakage/crackage issues with'm yet.

:D

-baller

trevorjk
06-23-2007, 03:59 AM

If you can find one, get a PULSE. I love mine, new shells straight from HQ and all. No breakage/crackage issues with'm yet.

:D

-baller

glad its working great for ya :)

any problems with it pushing balls past your detents?

Chrishew09
06-23-2007, 05:37 AM
The Pulse's worry me b/c since Draxxus stopped making them do they still offer support if you have a problem, and b/c they are so new to the market, i really can judge the reliability. Plus they are expensive, I am ordering a Vlocity Jr. on Wendsday. :dance:

PsychoBaller
06-23-2007, 10:40 AM
No problems as of yet with the Newer Pulse Shells, or any pushing-past-da-detent issues :)

And sorry for not really answering the original question. But yah, if not the Pulse, I probably woulda picked up a VL Jr.

-baller