PDA

View Full Version : Physics of Paintball - Sr. Project

Blaze008
06-22-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm in high school currently, come next year I'll have to present a senior project that decides whether I graduate or not. It can be on anything, and after much indecision I decided on "The Physics of Paintball."

I'm planning on explaining via powerpoint how velocity relates to range, how bore size relates to accuracy, and also have some diagrams of how an average paintball gun works. I'd have various pictures of the field tests I would do at a 'shooting range' that I'll create. Also, I'd be using HPA for all the testing because 1. my results will be less varied 2. CO2 will not get within 10ft of my A1

I also need to make some "professionals contacts" So far, I've emailed Tom Kaye only to be told that he's "busy with field work for the next 3 months" Very disappointing

I'd appreciate any and all help since I have to present this to three teachers who most likely no nothing about paintball or physics

Raven001
06-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Try the Deep Blue forum. You'll find all the answers your little heart could want if you look.

turbo chicken
06-22-2007, 11:46 AM
do a search for user AGD ...you might come up with something.

d4m4don3
06-22-2007, 11:50 AM
You need to talk to Mann, he just recently finished his Barrel test and is compiling his data.

Lakeview Bulldog
06-22-2007, 10:48 PM
I did a senior project relating to paintball my senior year, lots of info available. As far as the physics of paintball go, make sure you describe the manufacturing of paintballs and explain how a liquid filled projectile moves a lot differently than solid ones. Also make sure that a project on paintball is PC, many communities consider paintball markers firearms and would not be considered an acceptable topic for a school project. Good luck.

neppo1345
06-23-2007, 01:57 AM
Good luck with that.

/physics doesn't relate to paintball

onedude36
06-23-2007, 01:59 AM
Good luck with that.

/physics doesn't relate to paintball
damn cockers.

Pyrate Jim
06-23-2007, 08:00 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~dyrgcmn/pball/pballIntro.html

spwz99
06-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Also make sure that a project on paintball is PC, many communities consider paintball markers firearms and would not be considered an acceptable topic for a school project. Good luck.

Thank God I'm from a small town! When I graduated two years ago, I built a varmint shooting rifle for my senior project and brought it to school to show first hand the finished product. I just told my principle i would slip the bolt out of the gun and would keep it in his office the rest of the day. So that morning I walked into school carrying a hard sided gun case with a rifle inside. :dance: It was a weird feeling to say the least. Lets see that happen in a big city. :rofl:

cyrus-the-virus
06-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Thank God I'm from a small town! When I graduated two years ago, I built a varmint shooting rifle for my senior project and brought it to school to show first hand the finished product. I just told my principle i would slip the bolt out of the gun and would keep it in his office the rest of the day. So that morning I walked into school carrying a hard sided gun case with a rifle inside. :dance: It was a weird feeling to say the least. Lets see that happen in a big city. :rofl:

40 police cursiers and the swat van, with atleast 80 police officers. pointing MP5's and M16's at your face.

"you have the right to remain silent"

WenULiVeUdiE
06-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Check out the Tinkers' Guild.

www.network54.com/Forum/9013