PDA

View Full Version : Newbie...

hopwheels
06-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey, just wanted to say hello. In the short, short time I've been playing, and now owning a Mag, I've found just a ton of great info on this site and it's appreciated! A friend turned me on to paintball a few months ago and pretty quick suggested I get a Mag. Here's a snapshot the evening I received the Mag from a win on eBay.

http://www.hopwheels.com/pics/red_dragon_waiting.jpg

Not much has remained the way I bought it— here's what it looks like now. As you can plainly see, the disease has really taken hold a me! I just dig what you can do with the Mag. And since my friend knows how to tune 'em, (and is teaching me), this thing shoots GREAT!

http://www.hopwheels.com/pics/red_dragon_mag_01.jpg

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello and thanks for the great site and great info. Cheers.

Ninjeff
06-22-2007, 09:01 PM
:wow:

Thats a hot looking mag you have there.

Good job. You should look into "mag of the month" with that.

chill will
06-22-2007, 10:01 PM
:hail: Very nicely done. :hail: I have the same problem as you. Once I was introduced to the automag, I have been in love ever since. I have built 3 mags and sold them in about a year only to turn around and build another. I currently have 1 mag left and plan to wrap up the building of my fourth in a couple of days. These are truly great markers.

More pics please.

hopwheels
06-22-2007, 10:39 PM
:hail: Very nicely done. :hail: I have the same problem as you. Once I was introduced to the automag, I have been in love ever since. I have built 3 mags and sold them in about a year only to turn around and build another. I currently have 1 mag left and plan to wrap up the building of my fourth in a couple of days. These are truly great markers.

More pics please.

Thanks for the compliments... I had been building old café motorcycles... so at least this doesn't tag the wallet "quite" as hard! Here's a couple more pics 'o the Mag as requested. PS: I already am trolling the buy/sell forum here and eBay eyeballing what's next... 'course a nicer rail on this one would be cool too (then the sear and pin would be the only remaining parts from my killer eBay deal)!!

http://www.hopwheels.com/pics/red_dragon_mag_02.jpg

http://www.hopwheels.com/pics/red_dragon_mag_03.jpg

maglover728
06-22-2007, 11:01 PM
I will think of this mag in a dirty way as I sleep tonight. She is THAT sexy!

Railgun
06-22-2007, 11:15 PM
...... I had been building old café motorcycles... so at least this doesn't tag the wallet "quite" as hard! ....

I just came off a 5 year stint of trackdays and racing an older 600 so I hear ya VERY clearly.... :D It likely explains the 25 odd paintball guns I've aquired since last October when I first got into this new sport. Compared to my previous bike budget this stuff is CHEAP even if you do get into a few higher end setups like your lovely red Dragon Mag.

hopwheels
06-22-2007, 11:19 PM
I will think of this mag in a dirty way as I sleep tonight. She is THAT sexy!

Simmer down there now...

I just came off a 5 year stint of trackdays and racing an older 600 so I hear ya VERY clearly.... :D It likely explains the 25 odd paintball guns I've aquired since last October when I first got into this new sport. Compared to my previous bike budget this stuff is CHEAP even if you do get into a few higher end setups like your lovely red Dragon Mag.

Yeah... my wife has been very supportive of the downsizing of my playthings... wait I think that came out wrong...

Ninjeff
06-23-2007, 02:33 AM
Those are also fantastic pictures. What did you use to take them, and where is your "photo op" set up at. Looks like acar seat or computer chair

maglover728
06-23-2007, 03:35 AM
Just to let you know, I am off to bed now.

zipity_Bop
06-23-2007, 03:41 AM
they don't call him maglover for nothin

hopwheels
06-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Those are also fantastic pictures. What did you use to take them, and where is your "photo op" set up at. Looks like acar seat or computer chair

Computer chair is right! Simply available light shot in my home office, with my Canon 30D.

they don't call him maglover for nothin

Well, whatever you gotsta do to get through...

WSCopic
06-23-2007, 09:03 AM
That is a nice gun, but my question is this:

Since you have nothing left of the older gun, do you have that Ebay Mag all assembled as a back-up marker now?

You can get another sear and pin and make another whole gun? Hehe. Just curious.

:rofl:

hopwheels
06-23-2007, 07:48 PM
That is a nice gun, but my question is this:

Since you have nothing left of the older gun, do you have that Ebay Mag all assembled as a back-up marker now?

You can get another sear and pin and make another whole gun? Hehe. Just curious.

:rofl:

Heh... heh... that is the plan :) 'Course I traded the micomag valve to my buddy, so I'll be lookin' into a deal on another...

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
06-23-2007, 08:49 PM
thats a great lookin mag great work
:cheers:

zipity_Bop
06-24-2007, 04:15 AM
the gun looks pretty amazing
the grips look like shirts i wore in the fifth grade lol ;)
but other than that its pretty nice

hopwheels
06-24-2007, 10:33 AM
the gun looks pretty amazing
the grips look like shirts i wore in the fifth grade lol ;)
but other than that its pretty nice

Yep, I'm and old D&D geek what can I say.

Coralis
06-24-2007, 02:48 PM
shoot i like those grips ... very nice set up you should enter it in the mag of the month contest