PDA

View Full Version : XM or Sirius?

Steelrat
06-23-2007, 08:23 PM
I drive a lot, love music, and local channels suck heavily. Anyone know which one is better?

maxama10
06-23-2007, 09:31 PM
XM ftw!

Remington
06-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Why choose one when you can have both! ;)

XM/Sirius Merger (http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/19/news/companies/xm_sirius/index.htm)

SCpoloRicker
06-24-2007, 12:17 AM
Come home!

AirAssault
06-24-2007, 12:20 AM
I have XM and am happy with it. I only got it because my brother has it and I got on his plan to save some money. Really don't think you can go wrong either way.

Indignant
06-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Come home!

and then get XM

ryan, i thought of you earlier while my dad and his friend were talking about sound quality from different speakers or something

RoadDawg
06-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Sirius. in my opinion the only thing XM has over Sirius is MLB. Other then that Sirius has Howard, Blue Collar comedy, Playboy (if you are into that type of thing), and the list can continue from there.

Isn't XM owned by Clear Channel? IF so, you'll get the same regurge that is on the air waves now.

Another option, look into HD Radio (I haven't looked at it yet as Sirius is what I like).

rkjunior303
06-25-2007, 08:01 AM
I have Sirius and I am completely happy. Only reason why I would want XM wuold be for the NHL...

RoadDawg
06-27-2007, 11:53 PM
I have Sirius and I am completely happy. Only reason why I would want XM wuold be for the NHL...

NHL is on Sirius as well. It usually takes over the Christian channel, big dog trucking channel and a few other channels. What I really dig about it, is that with the model that I have, I can save bands/teams that I like and it will alert me when they are on. Plus with hockey it will tell me what period they are in and what the score is.

Glickman
06-28-2007, 12:04 AM
personally, i am a big fan of sirius' channels, but its all preference

i would suggest checking out their channels and seeing what suits you better.

oh, and im only mentioning this cause you are inquiring, theres a deal going on woot.com for a refurbed XM receiver, boom box, and car setup for like $50 incase you're interested

Fred
06-29-2007, 06:08 PM
I've been pretty happy with XM's service for over a year now.

ABC news, Fox News, a few techno channels... and the rock stuff is alright too.

Best channel is the uncensored comedy though... which is dangerous to listen to while driving (my XM is built into the car).

RoadDawg
06-29-2007, 09:38 PM
I've been pretty happy with XM's service for over a year now.

ABC news, Fox News, a few techno channels... and the rock stuff is alright too.

Best channel is the uncensored comedy though... which is dangerous to listen to while driving (my XM is built into the car).

Sirius has those as well. :) All in all, check out their websites. I believe they allow you to listen to samples of the stations.

Albinonewt
06-30-2007, 01:45 PM
I have XM in my car and the woman has Sirius in hers. They're pretty similiar unless you have really paticular tastes.

I think I like the XM rock channels better then the Sirius ones though. But its not a big deal either way.