PDA

View Full Version : Charity scenario for the fallen firefighters

Skeeter
06-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Hey folks

If you have been keeping up with the news at all, then you know that the Charleston community suffered a huge loss this past week. We have just buried 9 of our bravest and the Charleston area is still in mourning. There are 9 families that desperately need our help and it is our turn to give back to the community. On this note, Paintball Charleston is hosting a 10-hour scenario on July 14th, will the proceeds going to a charity established to assist the families in need.

All of the details are posted on www.PBJunkie.com, and you can follow the link on the front page to find out more.

To the AO admins, can you “sticky” this thread until July 14th?

To any other store and field owners, we are accepting donations of any sort. All donations will be sold out of a large tent with 100% of the proceeds going to charity. We are donating 20 cases of paint, and have challenged other fields, stores and vendors in the area to contribute this much, or more. Every item donated WILL generate $$ for charity. If the items are not sold throughout the duration of the game, they will be auctioned off at the end of the game. All of the specifics are listed on the web site above.

To all players in the region, please consider attending. The $20 admission (and it does not stop there) is going to the cause, and we have been known to host a good scenario or two.

This is a chance to make a true difference. I hope the significance is recognized by the paintball community as well.

FYI: For starters, PBC has already pledged $1,320.00, with more on the way.

Pballwizz
06-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Thats sad man :(

But way to go, for doing someting this awesome. I wish I could attend :(

captian pinky
06-24-2007, 02:19 PM
skeeter this is one reason y i love pbc and i may be willing to help that weekend if needed

ShotOnSight
06-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Yea, heard about it from my dads friend who's a firefighter here by Hilton head. I was shocked to hear so many casualties from one fire.

You can definatley count me in, ill be there with my x-mag. If you need anyone to help out or do anything im there for PBC and the families as well.

Especially for those of us in the lowcountry our thoughts and prayers go out to the families, as do the condolences of our local firefighting squad.

Like skeeter said, in a time of such immense loss not only for the families who are the real living victims but for the community under which these heros served its our chance to reach out and give back as much as we can. Donations and charitys cant turn back the hands of time but they can provide support and relief for the loved ones and the community left behind.

I encourage anyone that can to try and make it to this event and to anyone who cant to attempt to make a donation, you would be surprised what people can acomplish when they pull together !

CKY_Alliance
06-24-2007, 08:47 PM
I am out of town the majority of July, but if I am in town that weekend myself and probably 3 others will be there.

I know PC has done some things with radio stations in the past, are any radio stations announcing this? If not I may (no gurantee's) be able to make somethign happen...but I think if anyone called and asked them to announce the event they more then likely would seeing that it is for a good cause..

anyway hope to see some AO'ers out there, if anyone wants to meet up lemme know.

fire1811
06-25-2007, 08:07 AM
Up for a great cause. The memorial was unbelievable.
RIP Brothers.

Geoff Call
07-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Up up up

PBChappy
07-03-2007, 03:55 PM
hope to be showing off my pneumag at this. Section 8 bringing every member we can and all friends to help support this great event

Skeeter
07-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Quick "bump" and a general update:

The game will be know as the "Quest for Higher Ground", which works well on several different levels. The two clans (Balvenie & Macallan) will operate out of two landmarks (Glasgow & Edinburgh). I will have a maximum of 2000 points that can be obtained through standard missions, but many more will be available through props, bonus missions, CO led missions and that sort of twist.

There will not be any tanks, assassins, medics or spies for this event. We were lucky to get the basic infrastructure in place for this event, given the limited prep time.

We have recieved thousands of dollars in donations from vendors, teams and individuals throughout the industry. They will be distributed via a "silent auction". Every single item will find a home by the end of the event, regardless of the price. Every penny will go to the firefighter fund. PBC has decided to donate a total of 120 cases of paint, KEE (NPS), Archon and many others have donated paint and hardware as well. All paint will be sold for $45 a case and 100% will go to the charity. This is on top of the $20 field fees and $10 rental fees (for those that need hardware) that will all go to charity. If we sell all of the approximately 256 cases of paint, this alone will amount to $11,500 for charity.

We have a North Charleston Fire Department ladder truck that should be present for the entire event. The City of Charleston FD Chaplain will give an invocation before the start of the game, and we will have several fire fighters in attendence, both playing and working in the charity tent.

Game starts at 10:00 AM and ends at 8:00 pm. The silent auction will wrap up at 8:30 PM, so you will still have time to bid after the game. Even if you can't play, come out and bid on or buy some paintball loot.

This is a good chance for any players in the south east to get attend a fun scenario and be part of a great cause.

buski
07-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Bump.