PDA

View Full Version : Z-Body Help/Assistance Requested

DevilMan
06-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Hey folks, I've not been around here in awhile and though I know a few of the members personally I'd like to toss this out to the collective.

I have a Z-Body that I'd like to get up and going. I got it a longggg time ago and tried to get it going by swapping out my body on my mag. I have a 4 Star Classic Valve with LVL 10 Installed that that I put it all on when I got the body, but it wouldn't work right.

Does anyone here know what valve/rail/frame/etc I need to run with the Z-Body to make it work right? It seems I've read where you have to shim the body to the rail or something like that to get it to cycle correctly. Anyone know what the specs on that are???

Also does anyone know where I could get replacement parts for the body???? For those that don't know what the Z-Body is you can do a search on here as well as on PBREVIEW for the info. The parts I need are well...... the parts that matter!!!! The piece that goes on top of the breech that the spin adjusting screw goes into, as well as the rubber piece that goes in it. Yeah I know I'm shooting in the dark here but maybe someone can help me out. I'm in the process of measuring and drawing everything that I'd need and see if I can't get a machine shop to make me a replacement piece for it.

Anywho, please if you have the info let me know either here or in PM and if you have the parts or know where I could get em please let me know!!!! I'd really like to get it going.

Thanx in advance,

DM

Dark Side
06-24-2007, 05:03 PM
The lvl 10 bolt won't work. You need a lvl 7.
An intelliframe or original mag frame.
An AM/MM rail.

As for the replacement parts.....Good luck.

DevilMan
06-24-2007, 07:07 PM
So what I have on my mag right now is a 68 Valve with L10 in it. The AM/MM rail, mounted on top of a Benchmark Grip.... With a RS PowerFeed Body.

All I need to do to make this work right is swap out my LVL 10 bolt for my old LVL 7 bolt to make it work right??? WOW!!!! All this time it was that easy???

Looks like it's time to get wrenchin!!!

Thank you DarkSide!!!

And on the replacement parts I know it's a long shot but if ya don't ask you won't know.

Thanx man!!!!

DM

going_home
06-24-2007, 07:32 PM
The lvl 10 bolt won't work. You need a lvl 7.
An intelliframe or original mag frame.
An AM/MM rail.

As for the replacement parts.....Good luck.

I have a level 10 on my Zbody and it works fine.
Just take the lip off the end of the bolt.
:D

MANN
06-24-2007, 07:41 PM
I have a level 10 on my Zbody and it works fine.
Just take the lip off the end of the bolt.
:D

He speaks troof. I did the same mod to my zbody. Just grinded a little around the tip.

DevilMan
06-24-2007, 07:58 PM
The rear lip that the spring rests against right???

I'm guessing it jams up the Sear when it's fully assembled cause of the close tolerances which would explain why a slight shim between body and rail would set it off enough to work....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm thinking I'll try a slight shimming first to gauge how much to take off the bolt.... Do you need to take off the same amount all the way around as the bolt may turn during use??? Or did you just flat side it a bit and it still work???

Thanx guys!!!

DM

going_home
06-24-2007, 08:04 PM
The rear lip that the spring rests against right???

I'm guessing it jams up the Sear when it's fully assembled cause of the close tolerances which would explain why a slight shim between body and rail would set it off enough to work....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm thinking I'll try a slight shimming first to gauge how much to take off the bolt.... Do you need to take off the same amoung all the way around as the bolt may turn during use??? Or did you just flat side it a bit and it still work???

Thanx guys!!!

DM

No dont mess with the rear.
Its the tip, the part that hits the ball.
If you notice it has about 1/8" from the end, a lip about 1/16".
A very slight lip, I took a file and in about 5 minutes it was gone.
Do a little at a time and keep trying it in the body.

DevilMan
06-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Got it... and filing it.... Keep trying it in the body??? till it will drop all the way in on it's own down to the ball detent??? Cause mine already does that... But under pressure was the lip hanging it up???

No matter I'm filing it down...

On the next issue could you guys take the measurements and some pictures of the parts at the front so I could get one made??? I know the dovetail size and I could just wing it, but I'd like to know what the nubbin that contacts the ball is made out of.

Thanx!!!

DM

DevilMan
06-25-2007, 09:51 PM
you folks for kindly sharing your knowledge with me.

I got the bolt filed down and though it's not a high rate of fire... not that I worry with that as I do play pump. But the mag is shooting fine. I put some paint down the yard today and it worked cool for now. Hopefully I'll get my Q Loader figured out and get it running smooth by this weekend.

Thanx guys!!!

DM