PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Loading X-mod Software

Warwitch
06-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Well I got all the software and drivers loaded on my computer. I changed the port/com setting to #1, plug the marker in, open AVR Studio, click Tools...program........and nothing happens. Battery is fully charged and board is connecting to programmer fine ( I get the AGD 3.2 display when I plug into the programmer). Sooooo is there something Im missing :confused: Everything seems pretty straight forward but nothing is happening when I try to "program". Im not getting that little pop-up window to "set the device to AT90s..." WTF???

Marrr
06-25-2007, 01:39 PM
The fastest and imo the best way - try to programm your mag with different PC.

Well I got all the software and drivers loaded on my computer. I changed the port/com setting to #1, plug the marker in, open AVR Studio, click Tools...program........and nothing happens. Battery is fully charged and board is connecting to programmer fine ( I get the AGD 3.2 display when I plug into the programmer). Sooooo is there something Im missing :confused: Everything seems pretty straight forward but nothing is happening when I try to "program". Im not getting that little pop-up window to "set the device to AT90s..." WTF???

Warwitch
06-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks, but Im pretty handy with a pc. I dont think its the machine (its an IBM G41), I think its my lack of experience with the software. I need some input from someone that is familiar with it.

Warwitch
06-27-2007, 06:41 AM
anyone.....?

mstrdbz
06-27-2007, 07:30 AM
You might try re-installing the software & drivers on your PC. In the original thread about the software, I think Lornecash mentions that a problem like yours could occur, and that re-installing on the PC might do the trick.

Here's a link to the original thread:http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=185314

I'll try and go through it to see if I can find where it talks about this problem as well, and if I find it I'll update the link here.

Warwitch
06-27-2007, 05:38 PM
You might try re-installing the software & drivers on your PC. In the original thread about the software, I think Lornecash mentions that a problem like yours could occur, and that re-installing on the PC might do the trick.

Here's a link to the original thread:http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=185314

I'll try and go through it to see if I can find where it talks about this problem as well, and if I find it I'll update the link here.

I will read throught the thread. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :cheers: