PDA

View Full Version : Classic mag with very high fps

MajorDamage
01-08-2002, 01:20 AM
A guy on my team's classic mag is shooting like 400 and 500 over the chrony. I figured it was the reg seat seal(or whatever they call them in the classic valves, its called the reg seat oring in the retro valve, and I can't remember if its called a seal in the classic or not) and so I replaced that. He dosn't have air or a chrono so I was just wondering if I needed to do anything else to it just to be safe. I also replaced his powertube oring(he said it was leaking down the barrel), and I replaced part of the on/off orings(I don't have a full parts kit, so I replaced what orings I had) just to be sure. He has had a bunch of trouble with his mag(one of the first people to have trouble with a mag :D) and I just wanna make sure its gonna work for him next time we play. About a month ago his mag was messing up, and the velocity was all screwed up, but I figured it was because of that fact that the next day he brought it over and he had put his on/off valve in upside down(LOL, it was very funny, but I should have realized the fact that velocity has to do with the regulator...duh me) and almost everything in the on/off valve was in the wrong order. It ends up that when he was cleaning it the on/off valve fell out and he just put it back anyway he could fit it. So, it should be fixed now that it has a new reg seat seal, right? Also are the orings in the 32 Degrees parts kit as good as the AGD ones? Because thats the kit I have, being as how thats what my field sells :(. I'm pretty sure that I heard they wernt as good as the AGD ones, but will they have noticable tolerance problems, or just need replacing sooner? Thanx alot AO!

ENDO!

RobAGD
01-08-2002, 04:45 PM
Well the 32* kits kinda suck, the reg seats are not the right material.

Try to stick with AGD parts.

Shoot the gun and see what it sounds like and adjust his adjuster out a bit until it wont fire and then turn it in until you get a good crisp sound from it.
-Robert

MajorDamage
01-08-2002, 05:41 PM
Ok, thanx Rob! Should I tell him to buy a new parts kit or order a new seal, Or will this one work ok? Thanx!

ENDO!