PDA

View Full Version : Quick and easy air question...

siloseven
06-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Can air tanks be "air shared"? meaning can I have a 68/45 in the asa to the gun(s) and another on remote into the same asa via that extra port (usally for a guage)?

paintballwannab
06-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Simple answer is yes.

However it all depends on the guns and the pluming. A friend of mine ran his twin A-5's off of a 115ci tank shared for a little while and then realized it was easier to just run two 70ci tanks.

But A-5's can be gas hogs(especially when you have two e-grips).
What type of guns are you taking about?

EDIT: I just re-read that and it sounds like you wanna run two tanks on one gun?

siloseven
06-26-2007, 12:43 PM
kinda sorta not really.

me and an old friend got a hair brain idea playinig the other day. it started as getting a way to feed the A-5 double trouble air in his tank (the vehicle tank) because he was having a hard time getting a giant HPA approved, so I thought about the air share thing. then the idea turned into making a A-5 double trouble with the barret rifle kit for an Aliens smart gun with one tank in the box with the guns and the other on remote line for the "batt-pak" the Aliren guns use. then I thought of the Metal Gear I keep waiting on funds for and thought that would be an answer to the air problems I have to feed the 4 mags I wanna put in.
and i was thinking I/we could mount a warpfeed on his SP-8 (on the "clip" with a 1000round box but need the air to really shoot all 1000 plus the pods.

so I just wondered if that would even work.

paintballwannab
06-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah you could do it either way. my friend with a double trouble right now is running a back pack w/ two 70ci tanks in it both running on a straight remote.

He zip tied the remotes together so they seem to be one remote and then just split off when they hit the guns.

Jaan
06-26-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm kinda sorta not really understanding what you want to do.

We used to run dual tanks on VM-68's all the time. Those guns were gas hogs. Of course back then they were CO2. We would either run both tanks at the same time so they were drained equally, or use on/offs and use one tank at a time.

If I was going to run two tanks into one gun I would probably keep it all remote. Both tanks on my back, with on/off valves, and a single remote line going to the gun. It woudln't be hard to make a system like that.

Ydna
06-26-2007, 11:14 PM
you may run into some air constriction problems with only one remote, though. I tried a similar thing back in the day.

The other thing is you have to be sure to use similar output pressures for the two tanks. It won't be an issue with Co2 the output will equalize between the two tanks. If one of them is outputting much less than the other, the output on the lower one will increase and htere might be some reg internals damage. Although it depends on the type of reg.

siloseven
06-28-2007, 03:07 PM
what about having an adjustable hpa bottle on the gun, then having a remote line from a hpa bottle to the "refill nipple" (i don't know what else to call it) of the bottle on the gun?

would that circumvent the pressure problems?

siloseven
07-02-2007, 08:57 AM
I take it on-one has tried the - have one tank in the gun and remote the other tank in a harness to the refill part of the 'gunned' tank?

siloseven
07-05-2007, 09:30 AM
well I got a new theory on the duel HPA tanks,

the 1 tank in asa and 1 tank on remote to refill nipple of asa tank wouldn't work because the input of the remote would have enough gas to work the input valve. which someone said they do/did for their A-5, but that came from a 15year old, the prior advice came from a proshop.

but, if one was to run 1 tank on the asa, and one tank on remote to the asa, it wouldn't effect the reg's so much as it would the pressue into the gun and the gun taking it.

aka, if you have 2 68/45's with a 850psi input setting, 1700psi os going into the gun!!! assuming the lines can handel the pressure, I see a rippen RT in the future :D

what do you think?

Spider-TW
07-05-2007, 10:22 AM
well I got a new theory on the duel HPA tanks,

the 1 tank in asa and 1 tank on remote to refill nipple of asa tank wouldn't work because the input of the remote would have enough gas to work the input valve. which someone said they do/did for their A-5, but that came from a 15year old, the prior advice came from a proshop.

but, if one was to run 1 tank on the asa, and one tank on remote to the asa, it wouldn't effect the reg's so much as it would the pressue into the gun and the gun taking it.

aka, if you have 2 68/45's with a 850psi input setting, 1700psi os going into the gun!!! assuming the lines can handel the pressure, I see a rippen RT in the future :D

what do you think?

You forget that each of your tanks has a regulator on it. They will only flow when the pressure drops below 850 psi (approximately). This would give you the extra capacity of the two tanks, with one of them most likely bleeding down before the other since they would probably not flow exactly the same.

That should get you a little more RT effect because you will have twice the flow capacity and should not see as much of a drop at the valve when (if) it goes reactive. But it would be like a high flowing 850 regulator, or an adjustable reg set around 900 psi. Not the same as running 1700 psi straight into the valve.

Before you air up something like that, put some serious thought about how you're going to de-gas it. A spare screw-in bottle would go a long way without the trouble.

I just play closer to the front as my air and paint get lighter. :)