PDA

View Full Version : This is a non mag question, but a paintball question

chill will
06-26-2007, 09:05 PM
I just got an auto cocker and it needs some work. It has an Ion reg on it, which I think could be a problem. What is the input pressure for this reg? :confused:

The Obvious
06-26-2007, 09:10 PM
I just got an auto cocker and it needs some work. It has an Ion reg on it, which I think could be a problem. What is the input pressure for this reg? :confused:

Whatever pressure that your airsystem puts out.

We could probably help you if you told us what the cocker was doing.

chill will
06-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Whatever pressure that your airsystem puts out.

We could probably help you if you told us what the cocker was doing.

Oh, I know how to time a cocker, but based on what the guy told me who I bought it from its just F-ing up. When I get a chance, I am going to break it down and take a look at it. I just thought that the ION might be a low preasure, so the reg would be a low preasure reg starving the gun. :confused:

The Obvious
06-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Oh, I know how to time a cocker, but based on what the guy told me who I bought it from its just F-ing up. When I get a chance, I am going to break it down and take a look at it. I just thought that the ION might be a low preasure, so the reg would be a low preasure reg starving the gun. :confused:

You still haven't told me what the problem is.

I have an ION Reg on my 98supergun, it's definately not low pressure only.

How is your cocker effing up?

chill will
06-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Well he says it will cycle, but wont shoot. I have not shoot it yet, but I was thinking that it might be the 3-way or the ION reg. I dont know anthing about IONS and I assume that it is a low preasure gun, but if you can put it on a 98TP it should work on a cocker. Do yo know what the max preasure of an Ion reg is? I original thought that the max for the reg would be 200 psi due to it being on an electro.

The Obvious
06-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Well he says it will cycle, but wont shoot. I have not shoot it yet, but I was thinking that it might be the 3-way or the ION reg. I dont know anthing about IONS and I assume that it is a low preasure gun, but if you can put it on a 98TP it should work on a cocker. Do yo know what the max preasure of an Ion reg is? I original thought that the max for the reg would be 200 psi due to it being on an electro.

If the three way didn't work, the gun wouldn't cycle.

But what you're really telling me is, you're telling me it's broken, but you haven't shot it it?

Wh do you do this to me?

behemoth
06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
This thread makes me chuckle.

chill will
06-26-2007, 10:02 PM

I tried to tell you :D . I am rusty since I have not timed a cocker in 6 years, so I may PM you if I have any problems. If that is cool with you.

So the Ion is a high preasure gun with a high preasure reg that I will inputs atleast up to 300 or 400 psi.

The Obvious
06-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Go take a bath with your radio.

chill will
06-26-2007, 10:06 PM
:confused: Wow thanks for the help.

behemoth
06-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Under Preasure!

Dundundundundundun

The Obvious
06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
:confused: Wow thanks for the help.

I tried to help you.

chill will
06-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Thank you.

The Obvious
06-26-2007, 10:17 PM
Thank you.
It's cool.

Lenny
06-27-2007, 01:42 AM
Cycles but won't fire? Try re-timing it. If that doesn't solve it, drop the hammer screw a bit. It may not be latching onto the sear correctly.

EDIT: Hammer screw? Did that make sense? Ah, whatever. I forget what it's technical name is.

Glickman
06-27-2007, 01:55 AM
http://www.armyoforr.com/images/Downloads/trilogymanual.pdf

try that.

excuse the "regulars"...

they can be explained with the following...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/16/22929933_719f5f870f.jpg

craltal
06-27-2007, 12:13 PM
the Ion reg is starving the gun. it's maximum output pressure is around 200-250 psi or so, well below what the cocker is going to want

chill will
06-27-2007, 01:02 PM
the Ion reg is starving the gun. it's maximum output pressure is around 200-250 psi or so, well below what the cocker is going to want

Ok thanks for the info. I have had a chance to cycle the marker and do some timming of the gun seems to perform, but I have not put paint through it yet. He may have put low preasure springs in the gun which alow it to operate with the ion reg.

KingPest
06-27-2007, 01:41 PM
low pressure won't prevent the sear from tripping. If the gun is cocked, and the cocking rod does not move forward when you pull the trigger then you need to raise your hammer lug.

SummaryJudgement
06-27-2007, 02:16 PM
I run my cockers below 300psi with no problem. You do need the appropriate springs though.

chill will
06-27-2007, 03:11 PM
ok, so the gun cycles with air and functions has a cocker should, with out paint. I have droped mine in the past around 250 before, but that was with a spring kit and me shooting it with a ccm pump kit.

Do you think that the ion reg will experence shoot down?

My thinking is that if its cycleing then it should shoot just fin, aslong as I dont put CO2 to the gun

ThePixelGuru
06-27-2007, 08:12 PM
The stock Ion reg is fecal matter anyway. Replace that sucker ASAP.

neppo1345
06-27-2007, 08:21 PM
1. Stare at gun like it's going to fix itself (this part is important).
2. Remove bolt + pin.
3. Rotate bolt 180 degrees.
4. Insert bolt + pin.

If that doesn't work.

1. Find coal.
2. Start fire.
3. Remove Ion reg.
4. Put cocker into fire.
5. Sell the ion reg.

Contrary to popular belief, the stock ion reg is actually a very decent reg.

The problem comes when idiots try to run them outside of their sweet spot.

craltal
06-27-2007, 09:00 PM

either that or not properly breaking them in to begin with.

chill will
06-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah, which is why I started this post. When I first saw it, to me, that was the problem that caused it to be sold, But since I know nothing about Ions I figured that I would ask AO. Thanks for the intelligent answers guys.

And in the immortal words of the great philosopher Chill Will

Why throw a perfectly good cocker on the fire when it can be used to take over the world. :shooting:

EDIT: Yeah I also heard the ion reg is a good reg. Its the same reg on the Shockers.

sdlm_
06-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Is the gun even cocking? Many times what will happen is someone will think the marker is cycleing when indeed just the back block is moving a bit......

For Example, if you were to take my cocker, which runs 850psi in straight from the tank, with a reg putting out 2-300psi, the back block might move but, the LPR pressure wouldn't quite be enough to cock it. That was the case, when I bought a palmer stabalizer and used it for a time. The stock cocker LPR is adjustable so it isn't much of an issue thoough.

Also if the hammer lug is waaay out, the gun will cycle but, not shoot with enough velocity to be used, as the hammer will not catch.

Without a more detailed explanation though, no one can be sure.

SummaryJudgement
06-27-2007, 10:41 PM
1. Stare at gun like it's going to fix itself (this part is important).
2. Remove bolt + pin.
3. Rotate bolt 180 degrees.
4. Insert bolt + pin.

If that doesn't work.

1. Find coal.
2. Start fire.
3. Remove Ion reg.
4. Put cocker into fire.
5. Sell the ion reg.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HAHAHA!

chill will
06-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Is the gun even cocking? Many times what will happen is someone will think the marker is cycleing when indeed just the back block is moving a bit......

For Example, if you were to take my cocker, which runs 850psi in straight from the tank, with a reg putting out 2-300psi, the back block might move but, the LPR pressure wouldn't quite be enough to cock it. That was the case, when I bought a palmer stabalizer and used it for a time. The stock cocker LPR is adjustable so it isn't much of an issue thoough.

Also if the hammer lug is waaay out, the gun will cycle but, not shoot with enough velocity to be used, as the hammer will not catch.

Without a more detailed explanation though, no one can be sure.

Yeah its cycling and firing, but I did experence all of the above. The hammer is fine. I truly wont know the out come until I put some rounds through it. There is an adjustable rock on the front block, so I have no problem geting it to push air out the barrel. It is just not hitting as hard as I remember when you put your hand to the barrel and I think that is because of the ion reg.

I will post a pic so you guys can see what I am working with and will probaly put paint through it this weekend if time permits me to go to the local field and get some more air.